• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The BINGO! Challenge - Revived

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
    Hit the Gym - Pokémon Alpha Sapphire
    Part 1: Badge Checker

The BINGO! Challenge - Revived

I decided to start yet another challenge in here, this time in Hoenn.

With the team I'm planning, my first team member can only be caught in Petalburgh Woods, so when I got there I caught a Slakoth.

I have to somehow beat the rock gym with only this thing. I thought there's no way I'm going to do this with a Truant Normal-type, so I did the longest grinding section of the run to evolve Slakoth right away. Once I got Vigoroth though, bulking those Rock-type attacks was a lot easier.

Brawly surprising was pretty easy as well. Vigoroth can tank a lot of Fighting-type hits with his great defense for early game.

In the Granite Cave, I caught a Makuhita and fought the trainers in Route 109 to level him up.

By the time I reached Mauville, Makuhita was almost evolving, and after he shone in the Wattson battle, he finally became a Hariyama.

These two carried over for the rest of this segment pretty much. I was able to catch three more members: a Numel, a Swablu and a Magnemite. Together, Vigoroth and Hariyama were unkillable in every gym battle. I was able to get all badges up until Winona, and the Exp. Share was really useful to level up my weaker Pokémon. Now I'm thinking of doing another grinding section though to get some more levels and evolve Swablu.

Team:
    Spoiler:

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
    Hit the Gym - Pokémon Alpha Sapphire
    Part 2: The Final Part - Final Part

Okay, so I beat the final two gyms and completed the whole Team Aqua thing. It was a ride. I caught a Sealeo and added it to the team, and I also accidentally let Vigoroth evolve... I knew it was gonna happen sooner or later with how clumsy I am. Alas, guess I'll just have to deal with Truant for the rest of the game.

I actually did all of this yesterday but didn't feel like posting, so here I am today. Before venturing through Victory Road though, I went back to teach some moves to my mons. I got the Thunderbolt TM and taught it to Magnezone, Stone Edge for Hariyama, Shadow Claw for Slaking, Earthquake for Altaria and Ice Beam for Sealeo. I also got Flamethrower for Camerupt in the Victory Road.

Before Challenging the League though, I did some level up on Sealeo so it could evolve and catch up with the levels. He hasn't gotten to do much in this run tbh except Surf me around, so I want to give him a chance at the E4.

After the grinding session, I entered the League at last. Sidney was first, and everything just went down to Hariyama's Brick Break. Phoebe gave me a little bit of trouble with her bulky Dusclops, and Slaking's Truant really held me back here. Hariyama also had a super-effective move though, thankfully. Glacia's Froslass couldn't stop evading my attacks, which was annoying, but her Pokémon couldn't do much to hurt me. And everything in Drake's team just died to Walrein's Ice Beam lmao.

Steven's battle was actually pretty fine. I led with Walrein and took down almost all of his Pokémon except Metagross. That thing killed 3 of my Pokémon with Giga Impact. I had a Mega of my own though, and when he used a turn to recharge I set up a Dragon Dance, and then an Earthquake was more than enough to knock it out.

Spoiler:

So that's one more challenge complete in my Bingo sheet! I'll probably go back to Johto's Monoletter at some point since I managed to screw that run up... But I'll see if I can start over and get the same Pokémon, this time with no videos, unfortunately.

Champion Team:
    Spoiler:

Current Bingo Sheet:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    It's been a while, and since then I've completed a few challenges, no pics for most though. I could have posted these earlier, but I'm both lazy and busy. :)

Leaf Green - Elite Mash-Up
    This one was pretty easy
    Spoiler:

Fire Red - Grass Monotype (only one with pics)
    This one was difficult, the Rival had Charizard, Pidgeot, and Alakazam to get through along with movesets of very little variety.
    Spoiler:

Heart Gold - Monoletter A
    Pretty easy as well, Azumarill was (surprisingly) MVP by far, Ambipom was the worst, though not horrible.
    Spoiler:

Soul Silver - NFE Team
    VERY difficult, obviously due to the lower base stats. Machoke and Dragonair carried the team pretty well, Onix was just bad. And yes, I grinded EVs and fought in the Battle Frontier to get that Flame Orb, totally worth it.
    Spoiler:

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
    Monoletter Challenge - HeartGold

This is a reattempt of a previous run I was doing here which I couldn't finish.. But yeah, it's the same letter, and I'm planning on using the same Pokémon. Except this time I'll actually finish it.

Segment 1

-Started the game and picked Chikorita.
    -Delivered the egg to Mr. Pokémon, battled Silver and then was able to resume my journey.
    -Chikorita evolved somewhere before the first gym.
    -Falkner was surprisingly easy. Bayleef is bulky and can tank Gust very well, and all I needed to do was just poison and attack him, and occasionaly use Synthesis.
    -Bugsy was just annoying. He's actually so random, I had to rely on luck to win that fight. I think I lost count on how many attempts I had, but it was basically X Defend + Reflect, then Poison Powder, get as many damage as possible with Razor Leaf and hope he doesn't crit U-turn and immediately kill me. It was very frustrating. Got there in the end though, thankfully.
    -Whitney's fight was annoying as well, but not near as annoying as Bugsy, since I didn't have to reset. Just the Attract and Milk Drink combination are pure cheese.
    -Caught a Machop on Mt. Mortar and Magnemite at Route 38. Grinded with both before facing Morty.
    -I had previously taught Payback to Machop to help against Morty, and it did. A lot. Each Payback just one-shot everything on his team. Magnemite had to paralyze Gengar first so Machop wouldn't get killed by a Shadow Ball though.
    -After the fight, Machop evolved.
    -In Route 41 I captured yet another team member: Mantine.
    -I used Magneton on Chuck's fight, and even though it's weak to Fighting, Chuck's only Fighting-type move sucks and doesn't even hurt Magneton if it attacks first... Easy badge.
    -Mantine just destroyed everything on Jasmine's team with Surf. Good job girl.
    -Did the Rocket quest thing.
    -Meganium one-shots everything at Pryce's gym with Petal Dance... except Piloswine, which lives at 1 HP, and kills my Meganium with a Blizzard. Magneton is able to knock it out with a Magnet Bomb after that.

Team:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
    Monoletter Challenge - HeartGold

Segment 2

-Evolved Machoke into Machamp.
    -Defeated Team Rocket again at Goldenrod.
    -Caught my final team member at the Ice Path, which is a Swinub.
    -Grinded all my members at the Safari Zone entrance, and then the fight against Clair was pretty easy with the correct switch-ins.
    -Fought the Kimono Girls at Ecruteak and captured Ho-oh. Now I'm able to go to the League.
    -Misdreavus literally solo'ed Will's entire team, most of Koga's team (except Forretress and Muk) and Bruno's entire team, so that's something. Had to keep her in the back for Karen though.
    -Magneton outsped Lance's Gyarados surprisingly, and knocked it out with Discharge. Mantine was able to weaken Charizard a bit, but was forced to be switched out. Misdreavus finished the job though. I brought in Magneton again to tank a Crunch from Aerodactyl and kill it with Discharge. The three Dragonites just dropped to Mamoswine's Ice Fang/Ice Shard. Nice 4x weakness to Ice.

Spoiler:

Misdreavus and Mamoswine were definitely the MVPs for this Elite 4 Round. Let's see how Kanto goes now.

Team:
    Spoiler:

@Janp if you see this, am I allowed to hack my Magneton into a Magnezone since you can't evolve it in HGSS, or should it stay as it is?

Last edited:
    Years
    @Janp if you see this, am I allowed to hack my Magneton into a Magnezone since you can't evolve it in HGSS, or should it stay as it is?
    I have no problem with that.

Also since this thread is live again I should mention this: At the end of January I started with updating the main post with Gen VIII stuff, new CSS and updating the wording in all the challenges as all I did back in 2017 was just copy the 2013 version and add Gen VII Pokémon and few challenges. There are also few challenges that I think need some work and some that will be drastically changed. Because of that you can pick some challenges on your bingo and have them rerolled for new ones when the post is live. Which, if everything will go well, will be in few hours or in few days.

Years
    The updated main post is live. One of the biggest problems I had with the original post was the way challenges and their rules were listed. So I borrowed some css code from my other threads and created list, that won't take that much space and is a lot better for looking up the rules of each challenge. Hopefully this will also be more mobile-friendly.

I also added few new challenges, so if you would like to re-roll some of your existing ones with the new ones, just let me know here which one you want to re-roll.

Years

The Ghost Monotype in Pokémon Sun

FINAL PART

Tripleposting because I can :)

I finished this run few weeks ago, but wanted to post the main post first. With that gone I can finally post this.

The hardest thing about this run was actually deciding which type to use. I couldn't decide between Rock, Electric and Ghost and after consulting it with people on Discord, I couldn't decide between Rock, Electric, Flying, Fairy, Grass and Ghost. I let the fate decide and end up with Ghosts. And it was pretty fun run.

I started with Rowlet and quickly got Gastly and Misdreavus. Taking on both Ilma and Hala was fine with these three. Then I went to get some items from Ten Carat Hill and to my surprise found Sableye there. Really a great additional to my team.

After that it was pretty standard run. I caught more Pokémon like Litwick and Sandygast and beat 2nd Island. When I got to the Acerola's Trial I decided to swap Misdreavus for Mimikyu, since Ghost/Fairy is so much better than pure Ghost. And once again, to my surprise Mimikyu stayed in front of my party for the rest of the game. Its ability is just so good.

During this time I also noticed that I don't use Palossand as much as I though I would. Ground-type isn't really needed type in Alola apparently. So right before the Elite Four I swapped it for Snorunt.

Another thing I noticed around Hapu's Trial was that my team was suspiciously underleveled. I'm not sure if I accidentally skipped some area or trainers, but my Pokémon were around 4-5 levels lower than Hapu and other major battles.

But overall, as I said, this was pretty fun run that got harder because I got underleveled and Elite Four had counters against Ghosts. Mimikyu and Sableye were definitely MVPs of this run. Sableye was able to counter Dark-type attacks and Mimikyu is just awesome.

Team

Ollie, Modest Male Decidueye
    lvl 56, Overgrow @Decidium Z
    - Sucker Punch
    - Leaf Blade
    - Spirit Shackle
    - Brave Bird

Merlin, Gentle Male Gengar
    lvl 54, Cursed Body @Poisonium Z
    - Shadow Ball
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Confuse Ray
    - Psychic

Flick, Hasty Male Chandelure
    lvl 55, Flame Body @Firium Z
    - Shadow Ball
    - Flame Burst
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Inferno

Spookachu, Sassy Male Mimikyu
    lvl 57, Disguise @Fairium Z
    - Shadow Claw
    - X-Scissor
    - Play Rough
    - Hone Claws

Luca, Calm Female Froslass
    lvl 52, Snow Cloak @Icium Z
    - Ice Beam
    - Shadow Ball
    - Crunch
    - Blizzard

Trevor, Relaxed Male Sableye
    lvl 56, Stall @Fightinium Z
    - Power Gem
    - Shadow Claw
    - Knock Off
    - Brick Break​

I'll also re-roll some Challenges on my Bingo, since they are in one of the following category: I tried them and couldn't bring myself to finishing them or I tried to avoid it as much as I could because I don't find the idea behind the challenge entertaining at all and I don't see myself ever playing them. I hope you understand it.
    Kanto
    What's your sign? -> Trio-Species

Sinnoh
    In-Order -> Sunny Days Challenge
    Love at the First Sight - > The Character Challenge

Alola
    NFE Team -> The Wonderlocke Challenge
    Z-moves -> The Trainer Class Challenge

Last edited:

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
    Awesome new post! I do want to reroll some of mine as well, please.

Kanto
    Pick-A-Route

Johto
    NFE Team

Hoenn
    AquaMagma

Kalos
    Retrograde (there are too many of these in my card)

Alola
    Hooligans & Vagabonds

For a current status update, I'm almost finishing my solo run in Unova, been a pretty fun one. I've noticed you only need to beat Lance to complete a Johto challenge now, which is a relief. That means I can tick my Monoletter Challenge off of my bingo.

Last edited:
    Years
    For a current status update, I'm almost finishing my solo run in Unova, been a pretty fun one. I've noticed you only need to beat Lance to complete a Johto challenge now, which is a relief. That means I can tick my Monoletter Challenge off of my bingo.
    Here you go. Just to make things more transparent, I use following algorithm for re-rolling - First I roll if the new challenge will be from the new added ones (with 80%) or one of the old ones (20%). Then I roll the challenge from new/old list with all of them having the same probability to be chosen:
    Kanto
    Pick-A-Route -> The Likeminded Challenge

Johto
    NFE Team -> Sunny Days Challenge

Hoenn
    AquaMagma -> The Nuzlocke Challenge

Kalos
    Retrograde (there are too many of these in my card) -> Sandy Days Challenge

Alola
    Hooligans & Vagabonds -> Rainy Days Challenge

And yeah, I changed the Johto final battle so it ends with credits like the rest of the games.

Username: jajabigboy
    Bingo type: 7×3
    Here you go:
    Kanto
    Duo-Species Challenge
    Scramble
    Sandy Days Challenge

Johto
    Rainbow Road
    Monoletter
    Pick-A-Route

Hoenn
    Hit the Gym
    Solo Run
    The Culinary Challenge

Sinnoh
    Rainy Days Challenge
    The In-Order Challenge
    Your (User)Name Challenge

Unova
    Elite Mash Up
    Highest Stat ATK
    Type Link

Kalos
    Rainbow Road
    What's Your Sign?
    Trio-Species Challenge

Alola
    The Wonderlocke Challenge
    The Champion Challenge
    The Character Challenge

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    Could I get a re-roll for Unusual Sighting in Hoenn.

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
    Solo Run in Black 2

Anyway, I may as well update since I finished this one yesterday. I decided to hack in a Drilbur egg as my sole companion. It's got Aerial Ace as an egg move because I thought it would be useful later on, and it has its Hidden Ability Mold Breaker. It's also shiny because... I wanted to use a shiny ok?

Spoiler:

I did some grinding for Drilbur to reach a reasonable level and got it to level 6, so I continued on with the story. Helped the guy at the Ranch find his dog and went to the gym. The battle was easy, Drilbur's Aerial Ace was surprisingly strong, plus a few Mud-Slap shenanigans.

I fought some more trainers in the remainder of Route 20 and was able to reach Virbank City. There, I went straight to the gym as I felt comfortable about Drilbur's level. I was able to use Mud-Slap on Koffing thanks to Mold Breaker and knock it out, and just use Aerial Ace on Whirlipede until it died.

After going through the boredom of Pokéstar Studios and fighting some Team Plasma, we finally reached Castelia City. I was pretty nervous about the fight against Burgh, so I equipped the Eviolite on Drilbur to tank a few hits and made sure I leveled him up accordingly. Burgh led the fight with Swadloon and I set up a Hone Claws against it. This fight was the main reason I gave Drilbur Aerial Ace, as it was able to one-shot both the Swadloon and the Leavanny later on, when I survived its Razor Leaf at less than half HP. The Dwebble was not a problem as it had no moves that could deal too much damage.

I trained a bit in the Desert and Drilbur learned Rock Slide, a move that would be useful for the next gym. In the gym, I managed to trap Emolga on the field as it wasn't able to use Volt Switch on a Ground-type, and as one might expect, this wasn't a difficult battle for Drilbur.

After fighting a couple of Team Plasma grunts in the city, Drilbur learned Earthquake at level 33 and I let him finally evolve into the powerhouse Excadrill. In Driftveil I also made him forget Aerial Ace to learn Iron Head through the move tutor using the shards I previously collected in Nimbasa.

Clay's fight was tough. I lost the first fight and had the idea to go grab the Air Balloon to avoid being Bulldozed in the first turn. It worked, as I was able to set up one Hone Claws to neutralize the attack drop from Intimidate before Krokorok popped my balloon. I one-shot the Krokorok, but Clay's Sandslash is bulky and survived one Earthquake. It hit me with a Bulldoze and managed to drop my speed, which could be a problem when facing his own Excadrill. When it was sent out later though, the AI decided to click Slash of all things and I was able to easily knock it out.

From then on, admittedly, there wasn't much in the game that gave me much trouble really. As Excadrill grew more and more overleveled, the fights turned out to be pretty straightforward, especially when it learned Swords Dance. Later I also caught a Pelipper with my Master Ball to use Surf and Fly and Terrakion to use Strength. Defeated Team Plasma easily, beat the Elite 4 and got to Iris' fight with a level 75 Excadrill! I managed to set up a Swords Dance against Hydreigon and the battle was pretty much free from then on. So that concludes another challenge from my Bingo.

Spoiler:

Hall of Fame

Excadrill (Xenforo) | Jolly nature | Mold Breaker
    Lv. 76 @ Leftovers
    -Earthquake
    -Swords Dance
    -Iron Head
    -Rock Slide​

Current Bingo Sheet:
    Spoiler:

Years
    Can I get a Scramble team for Johto, please? Preferably for the gen 4 games
    Here you go. If I checked this team right, Primeape and Donphan are Heart Gold exclusives, so if you have Soul Silver, you can use Ninetales and Skarmory instead.

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
    Here you go. If I checked this team right, Primeape and Donphan are Heart Gold exclusives, so if you have Soul Silver, you can use Ninetales and Skarmory instead.

This seems perfect, thanks. I can already see that I'm gonna have to do a lot of Pokéathlon

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
    The Character Challenge - Pokémon X

Part 1

I decided to begin this challenge in X and Y because I was feeling like playing through Kalos again. I chose Serena from the anime as the character I'll be roleplaying this time, and I think her team is gonna give me an interesting challenge. Among only three final team members, only one of them is fully evolved.

Surprisingly though, the first few gyms were pretty straightforward. I'm not sure if it's because of X and Y being easier games or because literally every one of the four first gyms' specialty type is countered by one of my team members. Fennekin/Braixen handles Viola and Ramos easily, Pancham eats Grant's fossils alive, and Sylveon had an easier time with Korrina than I did hunting for a female Eevee and making her evolve.

As the game progressed though, and my NFE Pokémon started becoming apparent, I began to notice a few of my team's weaknesses (such as the Fairy-type) and it'll be interesting to see how I can fare with them. I managed to beat Clemont also surprisingly easily, with Sylveon shining against Emolga and even Magneton, and Pancham soloing his ace Heliolisk. He had to be put in the back for Valerie's gym, but Braixen learned Flamethrower and it helped immensely against her Mawile. Sylveon had to face her own Sylveon though, as she's learned a very powerful Moonblast and as I said, Fairy is one of this team's biggest weaknesses. Sylveon can pretty much handle everything that is put in front of her. I'm hoping I can find another Eviolite at the Pokémon Village later on for Pancham.

Currently with 6 badges, in front of the Laverre Gym. The Pokéball Factory plot waits for me.

Team

Braixen | Hasty nature | Blaze
    Lv. 42 @ Eviolite
    -Flamethrower
    -Flame Charge
    -Psyshock
    -Grass Knot

Pancham | Quirky nature | Mold Breaker
    Lv. 39 @ Black Belt
    -Low Sweep
    -Crunch
    -Rock Tomb
    -Power-Up Punch

Sylveon | Hasty nature | Cute Charm
    Lv. 41 @ Metronome
    -Moonblast
    -Skill Swap
    -Draining Kiss
    -Bite​

Years

The Trio-Species Challenge in Pokémon Fire Red

FINAL PART

Schools are closed here, which means I can't neither work or study, so the only logical thing I can do is to play more Pokémon. And since Bingo is pretty much my only active Challenge right now, I decided to finally finish it after all those years. It will be 3 years since I started it this year.

Last Challenge for Kanto on my Bingo (after re-rolling) was Trio-Species, so I let the randomness choose my trio and ended up with Venusaur, Rhydon and Lapras. Which is pretty interesting team. I had to use Venusaur for first half of the game and it was painful to be honest. There are way too many Oddish, Bellsprout and Zubat, who all resist Grass, so I was glad to get Poké Flute and be able to catch Rhyhorn in Safari Zone. And because of that I was able to counter Pokémon mentioned above and easily overpower Rival's Charizard. And Lapras with her Perish Song was just icing on a cake. I can't even count number of times it helped me win. I know I beat Agatha and Bruno with it, because I wanted to spare some PPs for other moves for final battle. Overall PPs were the biggest opponent of this run. I got through Mt. Moon just by using Leech Seed and Poison Powder, just because I run out of PPs of Vine Whip. That's also the only reason I've decided to use Razor Leaf over Giga Drain.

And so I finished another Challenge. Here's Hall of Fame:

Team

Uno, Bold Male Venusaur
    lvl 61, Overgrow
    - Razor Leaf
    - Posion Powder
    - Leech Seed
    - Sleep Powder

Dos, Gentle Female Rhydon
    lvl 60, Rock Head
    - Rock Blast
    - Earthquake
    - Brick Break
    - Strength

Tres, Careful Female Lapras
    lvl 61, Shell Armor
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf
    - Confuse Ray
    - Perish Song​

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
    The Character Challenge - Pokémon X

Part 2 - Final

At last, I've finished this challenge surprisingly. I had a couple of battles that were pretty challenging and took me a few tries to complete, such as the last two Lysandre fights, and I had to grind a little bit for the Elite 4 after being humiliated by Malva's Pyroar.

I grinded a bit before my second try and got everyone to level 68, where I felt confident I could win this time. My plan of sweeping Malva with Pancham went downhill after she killed it with Talonfame landing a critical hit (probably didn't even matter), and I had to bring Braixen in and try to knock it out with Psychic. Eventually the Talonflame went down and I had to finish the battle with only Sylveon. The Metronome is an amazing item, I was able to recover the damage done by Talonflame with Draining Kiss on the Torkoal, and it kept being greedy using Curse over and over. Chandelure went down pretty easily with Shadow Ball.

Sylveon was pretty much the MVP for this Elite 4 round. Except for Wikstrom, which Braixen together with Pancham could handle better, and Drasna's Dragalge, handled by Braixen again. Everyone had their screentime with Diantha, Braixen knocking out her Hawlucha, Pancham taking care of Tyrantrum, and Sylveon sweeping everything else. Overall this was a pretty challenging run, had to use many healing items after battles, and I think I could've probably got away without the Eviolite on Pancham.

Spoiler:

Team

Braixen | Hasty nature | Blaze
    Lv. 71 @ Eviolite
    -Flamethrower
    -Fire Blast
    -Psychic
    -Grass Knot

Pancham | Quirky nature | Mold Breaker
    Lv. 69 @ Eviolite