• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The BINGO! Challenge - Revived

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
    Retrograde in Ultra Sun

This one was a quick one. I was able to finish this in less than 2 days! Alola has a lot of good options for team members.

This was harder at the beginning but turned out okay towards the middle. I had the Growlithe for the longest time since I waited to evolve it at level 45. Z-moves were really useful lmao. Some of the hardest battles were Ilima at Hau'oli when I had to use only one Magnemite and Molayne at the e4. Molayne's Metagross and Dugtrio were the biggest problems, but I used Tectonic Rage on Metagross with Swampert and Earthquake on Dugtrio.

Spoiler:

Team
    The BINGO! Challenge - Revived

Magnezone (Motorhead) | Nature: Relaxed | Sturdy
    Moves: Thunderbolt, Flash Cannon, Volt Switch, Thunder Wave
    Lv. 60 @ Electrium Z

Crobat (Creed) | Nature: Sassy | Inner Focus
    Moves: Acrobatics, Cross Poison, Confuse Ray, Leech Life
    Lv. 59

Arcanine (Firehouse) | Nature: Docile | Intimidate
    Moves: Flare Blitz, Iron Head, Crunch, Outrage
    Lv. 58 @ Firium Z

Whimsicott (Soundgarden) | Nature: Hardy | Prankster
    Moves: Moonblast, Energy Ball, Hurricane, Toxic
    Lv. 60 @ Fairium Z

Gigalith (Cinderella) | Nature: Lax | Sturdy
    Moves: Rock Slide, Stone Edge, Iron Head, Explosion
    Lv. 60 @ Rockium Z

Swampert (Roxette) | Nature: Gentle | Torrent
    Moves: Aqua Tail, Earthquake, Ice Punch, Rock Slide
    Lv. 60 @ Groundium Z
    Current Bingo Sheet:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    Pokémon X Monocolor

So sorry I haven't been active on this thread. Mainly due to procrastinating on which challenge to do which is somewhat hard. But I decided to pick this back up and go with a Red Monocolor challenge. So to begin with I go over to Serena and the gang to pick up Fennekin, cause it is arguable the best starter to choose from, and nickname it Flare cause it is a good name. Once doing that I make my way over to Route 2 to capture a Fletchling and Scatterbug. I decide to nickname the two Monarch and Phoenix. But then...after training Monarch up I realized that it is a Meadow pattern, not the Modern. So that was a bit of time wasted. Though glad A didn't level it up till it evolved cause that would've been a disaster in my opinion. So I then try to go for a Pansear to have another team member which I name Sole. Of course this means I'm going to have a fire type team for a bit, but better to have variety. I then decide to take on the gym, even though I'm somewhat under leveled. Though regardless of that fact, Viola was a push over. I used Sole and Phoenix against her Surskit and then finished things of by using Flare to take out her Vivillon. And with that the Bug Badge is mine!

Nickname:
    Flare
    Level:
    Moveset:
    -Scratch
    -Tail Whip
    -Ember
    -Howl
    Held Item:
    N/A
    Nature:
    Timid
    Ability:
    Blaze

Nickname:
    Phoenix
    Level:
    Moveset:
    -Tackle
    -Growl
    -Quick Attack
    -
    Held Item:
    N/A
    Nature:
    Naive
    Ability:
    Big Pecks

Nickname:
    Sole
    Level:
    Moveset:
    -Scratch
    -Play Nice
    -Leer
    -Lick
    Held Item:
    N/A
    Nature:
    Lax
    Ability:
    Gluttony

Last edited:
    Years
    Username: TunOfApple
    Bingo Type: 7x4
    No Alola please, replace with Galar
    Hi, welcome to the forum. Hope you have fun with your Challenge:
    Kanto
    Trio-Species Challenge
    Sunny Days Challenge
    Your (User)Name Challenge
    Solo Run

Johto
    The Character Challenge
    Monocolour
    Hit the Gym
    The Champion Challenge

Hoenn
    Rainy Days Challenge
    Trio-Species Challenge
    Signature Move
    The Culinary Challenge

Sinnoh
    Love at First Sight
    Elite Mash Up
    Hit the Gym
    Type Link

Unova
    Duo-Species Challenge
    Monoletter
    Solo Run
    Blood Tranfusions

Kalos
    The In-Order Challenge
    Rainbow Road
    Gift Challenge
    The Character Challenge

Galar
    Scramble
    Raise Your Voice Challenge
    Stone Alone
    Solo Run

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2021
    So I decided to start out with type link Platinum and just finished it up. It was really fun! It was also my first playthrough of Platinum, as I had only beaten Diamond before. It feels much better imo, definitely way less clunky than Diamond (fast surfing, Flint having fire types, etc.)

Champion proof: (Will edit in once I have 5 posts)
    Heres the Team:

Benny the Torterra (Soft Sand)
    Level 56 Impish Nature
    Ability: Overgrow
    - Curse
    - Earthquake
    - Razor Leaf
    - Rock Slide
    I've always wanted to run through a Sinnoh game with Torterra, so this run finally gave me a chance to do that. I was certainly not disappointed, as it was a beast with crazy strong earthquakes. He also carried me through the first few gyms, including Fantina (who destroyed the rest of my team). The ice weakness was hard to handle at times, but never too awful to make my experience with Torterra any worse. Impish was the perfect nature to boost up its already high defenses. Torterra was overall really fun and one of the better members of my team.

Fatale the Roserade (Big Root)
    Level 54 Hasty Nature
    Ability: Poison Point
    - Stun Spore
    - Giga Drain
    - Grass Knot
    - Sludge Bomb
    Roserade is a classic Sinnoh staple for me. I've used Roserade in pretty much every playthrough of Diamond and it was always really good. This time was no different, as Fatale here was incredibly strong for most of the game. The worst part was that I messed up and tried to evolve Budew at night when it can only evolve during the day, so I had a budew for far longer than normal. However, once I finally got my Roserade, very little could take its giga drains and especially its sludge bombs. Very fun mon, would highly recommend.

Crusader the Crobat (Amulet Coin)
    Level 53 Rash Nature
    Ability: Inner Focus
    - Fly
    - Confuse Ray
    - Poison Fang
    - X-Scissor
    Crobat is one of my favorite in-game mons in any game it appears in. Its speed and decent offenses make it the perfect flying type for me, even though its best flying type move is Fly (which I don't like as a move). The ability to get off fast confuse rays saved me far more times than I'd like to admit. I can say with confidence that Crusader here was the MVP of this run because of how many times it saved my team in dire situations. Amazing mon, 10/10

Predator the Drifblim (Spooky Plate)
    Level 54 Docile Nature
    Ability: Unburden
    - Shadow Ball
    - Charge Beam
    - Return
    - Fly
    Drifblim wasn't as good as I wanted it to be, but I still had a fun time with it. My main issue with it was that for most of the game, its best move was ominous wind, which has very low pp. Couple that with its decent offenses and you make a mon that is a little frustrating to use. I also wish mine had aftermath, as it died a lot and the extra damage would've helped compensate for that. However, once it got shadow ball, it became a lot more fun. Probably the worst mon on my team, but I still had fun with it.

Superstar the Rotom (Magnet)
    Level 54 Relaxed Nature
    Ability: Levitate
    - Thunderbolt
    - Shadow Ball
    - Confuse Ray
    - Substitute
    Rotom surprised me the most in how good it turned out to be. I was a bit disappointed when I found out that I couldn't change forms without a special event, as regular Rotom has pretty lackluster stats for the most part. It hit surprisingly hard and was incredibly fun to use thanks to the combination of substitute and confuse ray. I had multiple battles where the opponent couldn't do anything and Rotom just swept their team. Rotom overall was incredibly fun in the right circumstances but still solid when I couldn't cheese people with it.

Squishy the Gastrodon (Splash Plate)
    Level 56 Naughty Nature
    Ability: Storm Drain
    - Surf
    - Mud Bomb
    - Waterfall
    - Blizzard
    I wasn't planning on using Gastrodon initially. I was going to use an electric type (probably Jolteon) but then I realized that I didn't have a water type to surf and waterfall. I did not regret my decision though. Squishy was strong and bulky when it needed to be. My favorite moment of the run was when I was down to my last pokemon against Cynthia's Garchomp. I had Squishy out and I needed to hit a blizzard. If I missed, I would've lost. I hit the blizzard and OHKOed her ace. It was sooooooo satisfying!!! Gastrodon will always have a special place in my heart after that incredibly hype moment.

Other thoughts/notes:

I found a shiny!! Here's the proof: (Will edit in once I have 5 posts) Unfortunately I couldn't catch it (had no pokeballs :( ) but it's not like I would've used it anyways.
    The hardest battle was probably Cyrus' final match. His Weavile was way too good against my team, and I only won because I toxic stalled it with Gastrodon. The rest of his team was really tough too, and he was the only battle in the game that I had to save before. I was also very under leveled, which didn't help.
    I'm thinking about doing scramble in Galar next, sounds really fun bc I know that most of the pokemon in the game are available in the wild area really early.

Years

The Wonderlocke Challenge in Pokémon Ultra Moon

ATTEMPT 3 - PART 1

So... Uhm... Stuff happened. I couldn't live with my failure from the last run, so I started another attempt. And it was even worse. I think my luck is at the lowest these days.

I started with Rowlet this time and caught Grubbin on Route 1. After tutorial, I was able to wondertrade Rowlet for Yungoos and Grubbin for Rockruff. Not as entertainting as previous starting duos, but at least it's not Magikarp. But then the game said "no". But I'm getting ahead of myself. Since I chose Rowlet, the teacher in Trainer School had Litten and it burned Yungoos right in the first turn, making the whole fight long and way to harder than it should be with Yungoos.

I was able to win and as reward I was able to catch Magnemite in Hau'oli City, which turned out to be Magikarp. Great. But I hoped I still could get something usable before Totem Raticate. But then Ilma decided to brutally kill any hope I had. His Yungoos obliterated my own Yungoos with critical hit. Rockruff was able to beat Yungoos, but was way to damaged to do anything against Ilma's Smeargle. I then sent out Magikarp with no damaging move and... My 3DS battery died. Ilma literally killed my 3DS. So while I still had Magikarp, I don't think there is a way I could win that fight.

So, this attempt went really well. I can't wait to give it another shot.

RIP

Years
    Username: Dinosnake76
    Bingo Type: 5x3 (No Kanto or Hoenn)

Also, for Highest Stat, does it mean:
    1. You can only use Pokémon, whose highest base stat is the same number, but doesn't have to be the same category.

2. You can only use Pokémon, whose highest base stat is the same category. (for example, Blissey and Wobbuffet both have their highest base stat in the HP category, but they're different numbers.)

3. You can only use Pokémon, whose highest base stat is the same number of the same category.

Last edited:
    Years
    Username: Dinosnake76
    Bingo Type: 5x3 (No Kanto or Hoenn)

Also, for Highest Stat, does it mean:
    1. You can only use Pokémon, whose highest base stat is the same number, but doesn't have to be the same category.

2. You can only use Pokémon, whose highest base stat is the same category. (for example, Blissey and Wobbuffet both have their highest base stat in the HP category, but they're different numbers.)

3. You can only use Pokémon, whose highest base stat is the same number of the same category.
    It's the second option. As long as it's the highest stat of that Pokémon, you can use it.

I hope you'll find these challenges entertaining. Also I re-rolled any Nuzlocke Challenge, since you mentioned you didn't really like them.

Johto
    Hit the Gym
    Monoletter
    Pick-A-Route

Sinnoh
    Rainbow Road
    Signature Move
    Trio-Species Challenge

Unova
    The In-Order Challenge
    The Champion Challenge
    Rainy Days Challenge

Kalos
    Solo Run
    Scramble
    Retrograde

Alola
    Type Link
    The Character Challenge

Years

ATTEMPT 4 - PART 1

What the hell is even that Ilma fight? I don't remember having so much troubles with it before. And I feel so stupid right now, wiping again on the very same battle. Good lord I miss my Sunkern solo so much now.

So, I started new game and got Rowlet as starter, Grubbin on Route 1 and Wingull in Hau'oli City. I traded them for level 11 Spearow, level 1 Honedge and level 7 Wingull. So that's pretty fine team. I leveled them all to level 11 and challenged Ilma. Right from the start, his Yungoos landed a crit Tackle on Spearow, killing it before he could even attack. That's a great start. So I sent in Honedge, even though I knew Yungoos had Pursuit. But I needed Wingull alive for Smeargle, since it knew Ember. Pursuit didn't inflict that much damage and I was able to set up one Sword Dance and then attack with Fury Cutter. That worked, Yunggos fainted and Ilma sent out Smeargle. Since I play with SET battle mode, I couldn't switch and decided to try my luck and beat Smeargle with boosted Honedge. Smeargle is faster and hit pretty hard with Ember. And Honedge is burned. There goes my hope in beating Smeargle with Fury Cutter. I switched in Wingull next turn and it's burned. And I thought only Battle Tree is unfair. Well, I still didn't lose, right? So I start by using Supersonic. And it missed. I then used another Supersonic and ti landed. Smeargle snapped out of confusion the very next turn. And since Smeargle hit pretty hard, I started using Growls and healing every 2 turns to survive. But even with 6 Growls, Smeargle still hit pretty hard and overpowered Wingull after I run out of healing. So I sent out Honedge, was able to hit Smeargle once before Ilma healed it back to full health, while Honedge died to burn damage.

Well, this was disaster. I'm beginning to think that there are some weird powers interfering with this challenge. I'll officially step down from Challenge mod position if I die on Ilma in the next attempt.

RIP

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
    What the hell is even that Ilma fight? I don't remember having so much troubles with it before. And I feel so stupid right now, wiping again on the very same battle. Good lord I miss my Sunkern solo so much now.

Trust me, it's not just you. That Ilima fight is always a pain to do especially in nuzlockes. Who would've thought Smeargle would be so strong?

Years
    It's the second option. As long as it's the highest stat of that Pokémon, you can use it.

I hope you'll find these challenges entertaining. Also I re-rolled any Nuzlocke Challenge, since you mentioned you didn't really like them.

Johto
    Hit the Gym
    Monoletter
    Pick-A-Route

Sinnoh
    Rainbow Road
    Signature Move
    Trio-Species Challenge

Unova
    The In-Order Challenge
    The Champion Challenge
    Rainy Days Challenge

Kalos
    Solo Run
    Scramble
    Retrograde

Alola
    Type Link
    The Character Challenge

Could I reroll Solo Run, Trio-Species, Retrograde, Hit The Gym, Rainy Days, Monoletter, and Signature Move?

Also, for the Character Challenge, I chose Ash. He has had a Snorlax and you can catch Munchlax (and it's possible for it to SOS Call a Snorlax) on Route 1. Can I catch the pre-evolved form of a pokemon that Ash has/had? What about evolutions (i.e. if I chose Rowlet, would I be able to evolve it into Dartrix even though Ash never evolved his Rowlet)?

Last edited:
    Years
    Ultra Sun Character Challenge

I choose to mimic Ash's Pokemon. I start out with the annoying tutorial that I've probably gone through 8 times due to trying to find a randomized version online. I pick Litten, due to being able to evolve it into Incineroar, and it has a Naive (+Spe/-SpD) nature. Nice, a fast Pokemon makes for a stronger Pokemon (except for Ninjask). I find out you can catch Rockruff south of Iki Town but it's blocked by a bunch of rocks. So, I decide to just go ahead into Iki Town and finish the dumb tutorial with Lily and Nebby. I wake up, get Poke Balls, fight some trainers, and go straight to the festival.

I sweep Hau's Pichu and Rowlet with Ember and obtain the Z-Power Ring. I wake up for the 3rd time and go to Kukui's house, get the Rotom Dex, and head to Hau'Oli City. I beat the first trainer in the Trainers' School. I defeat all the Trainers, heal at the Pokemon Center and challenge the Teacher. Things went rough here. I didn't realize she had a Poppolio. I use Lick for some reason and 1 Water Gun leaves Litten with 7 health. I use a Potion on him, only getting him to 27/31 health. Another one hits me, leaving me at 3 health this time. I give up on the battle and have my first white out. I fight some trainers and train up. I encounter a Caterpie while looking for more trainers. I realize that Ash had a Caterpie in Season 1 of the anime. I catch a level 2 Caterpie and grind him up... a lot. I switch trained until Caterpie evolved into Metapod. At that point, I decided to try again. I put Metapod in front and got off 2 String Shots in order to do more damage. He faints and Litten comes out. Scratch does barely any damage and Water Gun still does 3 quarters of my health. I use 2 potions and rng got me down to 6 health. I used Ember and gave up. Another white out. I grind against Wingull for an hour until Litten is level 14 and learns Fire Fang. We finally have a move that does a decent amount of damage. Ember is gone and Fire Fang is in. One more battle and Metapod is now a Butterfree with Gust. I realized a dumb move on my part. Caterpie could've learned Bug Bite at level 9... but I wasn't going to prevent it from evolving for 2 whole levels for 1 move.

I challenge the Teacher for the 3rd time... I start with Butterfree using String Shot. Turns out we're already faster than it. It lands a crit Water Gun but it only does two fifths of my health. I spam Gust for 3 turns, use a potion, and use gust 2 more times to finally win. I spam A until I get to the Tauros and save. To be continued... on the next post.

Litten (M)
    Ability: Blaze
    Level: 14
    Naive Nature
    - Scratch
    - Fire Fang
    - Leer
    - Lick

Butterfree (F)
    Ability: Compound Eyes
    Level: 10
    Adamant Nature
    - Tackle
    - String Shot
    - Harden
    - Gust

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
    Could I reroll Solo Run, Trio-Species, Retrograde, and Hit The Gym?

Also, for the Character Challenge, I chose Ash. He has had a Snorlax and you can catch Munchlax (and it's possible for it to SOS Call a Snorlax) on Route 1. Can I catch the pre-evolved form of a pokemon that Ash has/had? What about evolutions (i.e. if I chose Rowlet, would I be able to evolve it into Dartrix even though Ash never evolved his Rowlet)?

Pretty sure you can still use the pre-evolved form as long as it evolves during the challenge. Not sure about the Dartrix though

Years
    Pretty sure you can still use the pre-evolved form as long as it evolves during the challenge. Not sure about the Dartrix though

Okay. Cause in my next post, I caught a Rockruff but it can't evolve into Dusk Form Lycanroc, which is the only form Ash had. So I'm wondering if I'm able to evolve it into Midday or Midnight form. Also, I picked Litten anyways, I was just wondering about the Rowlet one in case someone else has the same question in the future.

Years
    Could I reroll Solo Run, Trio-Species, Retrograde, Hit The Gym, Rainy Days, Monoletter, and Signature Move?

No problem. You get

Solo Run -> Pick-A-Route
    Trio-Species -> Space Nerds Challenge
    Hit the Gym -> Monotype
    Rainy Days -> Your (User)Name Challenge
    Monoletter -> The Trainer Class Challenge
    Signature Move -> Gift Challenge

And yes, you can evolve those Pokémon to their final stage. And I think it's also okay to evolve Rockruff into different form, since the Dusk Form Lycanroc is event only Pokémon.

Trust me, it's not just you. That Ilima fight is always a pain to do especially in nuzlockes. Who would've thought Smeargle would be so strong?
    Especially Ember Smeargle is annoying with the possibility to burn you. I should do regular Nuzlocke in Alola games soon to see if he's this hard with Pokémon that can be caught prior to him.

Years
    No problem. You get

Solo Run -> Pick-A-Route
    Trio-Species -> Space Nerds Challenge
    Hit the Gym -> Monotype
    Rainy Days -> Your (User)Name Challenge
    Monoletter -> The Trainer Class Challenge
    Signature Move -> Gift Challenge

I'll keep them, though you forgot to reroll Retrograde.

Also, for Gift Challenge, I'm unable to trade with anyone else, so I used a randomizer to ONLY make trade evolutions easier (mainly for Porygon, making it evolve when it levels up while holding the Up-Grade, then Dubious Disc). Is that okay or do I need to play it how it is?

Last edited:
    Years
    I'll keep them, though you forgot to reroll Retrograde.

Also, for Gift Challenge, I'm unable to trade with anyone else, so I used a randomizer to ONLY make trade evolutions easier (mainly for Porygon, making it evolve when it levels up while holding the Up-Grade, then Dubious Disc). Is that okay or do I need to play it how it is?
    My bad sorry.

Retrograde -> The Culinary Challenge

Also using randomizer to make trade evolutions possible is completely okay in my book.

Years
    My bad sorry.

Retrograde -> The Culinary Challenge

Also using randomizer to make trade evolutions possible is completely okay in my book.

Thanks. I'll keep it.

I was looking at my challenges and realized that the In-Order Challenge makes no sense. The description doesn't give us any detail on what we are supposed to do or have in order. Is it when we catch our Pokemon? How our party is organized? I have no idea.

Years
    Thanks. I'll keep it.

I was looking at my challenges and realized that the In-Order Challenge makes no sense. The description doesn't give us any detail on what we are supposed to do or have in order. Is it when we catch our Pokemon? How our party is organized? I have no idea.
    You're welcome.

As for In-Order Challenge, you have to pick 6 Pokémon or evolution lines, whose regional number in Pokédex goes right after each other (excluding any exclusive line from other version from this sequence). For example in B2W2 this team could look something like this: Leavanny, Sunflora, Stoutland, Ampharos, Golduck, Azumarill. It's up to you what Pokémon you choose as starting point. Is that clearer?

Anyway, I have a short update on my Wonderlocke run:

ATTEMPT 4 - PART 1

So, another attempt is here. But this time I did the impossible.

This time my starter was once again Rowlet, Route 1 encounter was Grubbin and Hau'oli City encounter was Meowth. I traded them for Dunsparce, Magikarp and Ralts. That's not that bad to be honest. Dunsparce is tanky enough to survive few attacks from Ilma. I hoped it would. But it had pretty bad moveset (Defense Curl, Rollout, Pursuit and Spite) and won't be learning anything useful soon. But at least it was on level 10, while Ralts and Magikarp were on level 1.

After short training session to get Ralts and Magikarp on higher level, I challenged Ilma. I boost my defense with Defense Curl and Yungoos started off with critical Tackle. That's great. But Dunsparce tanked it pretty well and I used Rollout. And it missed. Thankfully next one hit the target and Dunsparce started rolling. Another hit was enough to beat Yungoos and Ilma's Smeargle didn't even came out of Poké Ball and was defeated. Finally!

Continuing on, I picked Abra on Route 2, Caterpie in Hau'oli Cemetery and found out there is hidden area on the beach called Sandy Cave, where I got Vulpix. As you can see, this isn't really a good team to take on tanky Dark-type. Caterpie evolved quite quickly and Dunsparce got a little bit overleveled. To the point it learned Yawn.

Battle with Totem Raticate went great. First Yawn landed, but then 2 Rollouts missed, so Totem Raticate had enough time to wake up. I was fast enough to heal up and put Raticate back to sleep. Rollouts started rolling and Raticate was down after 3 hits. Hooray! And Dunsparce fainted... Yes, you're reading it right. SOS Rattata was slowly chipping away Dunsparce's HP and since Dunsparce was locked in Rollout, Rattata killed it with Quick Attack. You won't be forgotten Dunsparce!

That's all for now, I hope I won't see Ilma for a long time.

Team

Ralts, Adamant Male Ralts
    lvl 14, Synchronize
    - Confusion
    - Disarming Voice
    - Double Team
    - Teleport

Butterfree, Bashful Male Butterfree
    lvl 14, Compound Eyes
    - Gust