• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Blue Bloods (Go away, Reds!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I just got home and my brain can't comprehend any of that oops.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    It seems that there's still some confusion. So let me try to make this as clear as possible. This is how the scoring for the quote war works.

Every time you quote someone from the Red Team you get a point. It doesn't matter if someone posts before you or after you, you get a point for quoting anyone from the red team. That being said, every time you quote someone try to post a link to the post so that at the end of the week we can go through and tally it all.

Now as for chains. A chain is created when one person quotes someone from the other team, and then the person who was quoted comes in and quotes the person who quoted them. Hallelujah it's a chain! Now as long as nobody else (regardless of if they're on your team, the opposite team or not on any team) pops up and breaks the chain of quotes, then you get a chain count. And you get a point for each and every quote that you've made regardless of if you were the last quoter or not. So here's an example.

If person X says that they like pickles and then person Y quotes them asking if they've ever had kool-aid pickles, then that's a point for person Y because they just quoted person X. Now it becomes a chain if person X comes back and quotes person Y without someone popping in between them. It's just like a conversation. Now this chain goes on until person Z - who could be literally anyone - comes in and posts. So the chain starts with the first quote, Y quotes X and sets it all off. Then when X quotes Y that's a 2 quote chain. Y quotes X again it's a 3 quote chain, and this goes on until person Z decides to ruin the fun.

If anyone still has any questions just bring them to me and I'll help you out.

Last edited:

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    Is there a way that we can easily differentiate/identify people of the other team? Not everyone will have their team name in their usertitle/sig; is it possible for two temporary usergroups to be added, and members of the teams be added to those usergroups as a secondary usergroup, with the usergroups giving members the 'add-on' to their userbar, like how I have the little gold add-on to my userbar? Figured that might help us out in this week's quote-off challenge.

Last edited:

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I added it to my sig, I think that's the best plan.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    I'm thinking that any form of identification (in sig, usertitle) would be great, wherever you guys want to put them. A lot of the Reds are doing this too, so it should help.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    I'm thinking that any form of identification (in sig, usertitle) would be great, wherever you guys want to put them. A lot of the Reds are doing this too, so it should help.
    #bluebloods

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    but my whole theme is so perfect where do i fit it 8(

i guessi'll change out the middle text in mysignature for the time being. just for you guys.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    It seems that there's still some confusion. So let me try to make this as clear as possible. This is how the scoring for the quote war works.

Every time you quote someone from the Red Team you get a point. It doesn't matter if someone posts before you or after you, you get a point for quoting anyone from the red team. That being said, every time you quote someone try to post a link to the post so that at the end of the week we can go through and tally it all.

Now as for chains. A chain is created when one person quotes someone from the other team, and then the person who was quoted comes in and quotes the person who quoted them. Hallelujah it's a chain! Now as long as nobody else (regardless of if they're on your team, the opposite team or not on any team) pops up and breaks the chain of quotes, then you get a chain count. And you get a point for each and every quote that you've made regardless of if you were the last quoter or not. So here's an example.

If person X says that they like pickles and then person Y quotes them asking if they've ever had kool-aid pickles, then that's a point for person Y because they just quoted person X. Now it becomes a chain if person X comes back and quotes person Y without someone popping in between them. It's just like a conversation. Now this chain goes on until person Z - who could be literally anyone - comes in and posts. So the chain starts with the first quote, Y quotes X and sets it all off. Then when X quotes Y that's a 2 quote chain. Y quotes X again it's a 3 quote chain, and this goes on until person Z decides to ruin the fun.

If anyone still has any questions just bring them to me and I'll help you out.
    Since you've mentioned I have to link my quotes, I'll link the pages of the threads I quoted from the other team. (I wonder if me quote you also counts, since you're on Team Red too.)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    It doesn't because this is the DCC and quotes in the DCC doesn't count. :x

I still need to go out and quote lmfao.

Lucid

I think the level of dumb and lazy amongst players was underestimated when you guys picked this week's theme.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Haha I'm just here to have fun. What is the fun in winning if it's bothersome to get there 8) blue cool chillax team?

#wearesuchlosers<3

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
    I hope one of the events for a future week is a Halo tournament.

C'mon, you can't call it "Red vs Blue" and not involve Halo.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back