• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Bulbasaur Race [Part 2]

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

It quite needed Gliscor as an evo and I really like it. It's one of those Pokémon whose type had always confused me, I could have sworn it was part Poison earlier. But I can't complain about this one: use two in a double battle and Earthquake away!

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017

I don't use two of the same Pokemon in one team. But using a Gliscor with Earthquake alongside a Flygon with the same move in a double battle sounds like a good idea. Or how about a Gliscor with Earthquake and a Zapdos with Discharge?

Lycanthropy

Years

Okay, that sounds like a whole lot better idea. I think I actually trained two Aerodactyl with Earthquake for doubles on my FireRed at some point. (The game doesn't have a lot of double battles sadly. A shame, I like those.)

Lycanthropy

Years

I used it in Hoenn's Battle Frontier and it's really strong ... until you encounter a special sweeper, then you're dead. Luckily those NPCs don't switch around their Pokémon very often, so you're fine using them.

classiccartoonsftw

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017

Also, Pursuit isn't much of a problem for it, because it's a physical move. And back when it was special, Dark resisted Steel.

Lycanthropy

Years

You should definitely try it out sometime. And if you don't want to spend a Metal Coat to it, you can always catch wild ones in Iron Island for example. :)

Also, Pursuit isn't much of a problem for it, because it's a physical move. And back when it was special, Dark resisted Steel.

I still occasionally forget they changed all that, but I guess it was necessary to rebalance the game upon adding fairies. It's quite the pain for Pokémon such as Metagross and Jirachi though. :(

classiccartoonsftw

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017

There are also ROM hacks that change the evolution methods of Pokemon that normally need trading to evolve.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024

I always thought Steelix was a pretty cool Pokémon, especially since it evolves from one of the original 151.

classiccartoonsftw

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017

Cross-gen evolutions are almost always awesome. Too bad we haven't gotten anymore of them since Gen 4.

Back