• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Bulbasaur Race [Part 2]

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
  • The old thread suffered too many double posts, so I decided to remake the thread. I welcome you to...
    The Bulbasaur Race
    Part 2

218.gif

Current Pokémon: #218 Slugma

Here's some rules I lazily copied from part 1:
    • The idea of this thread is simple - we start off with a Pokémon with 10 HP and with each successive post you can either add or remove 1 HP from the Pokémon.
    • When a Pokémon hits either 0 or 20 HP, the Pokémon is put into the 'discarded' or 'saved' list based on which it hit.
    • Count up if you like the Pokémon, count down if you don't!
    • Once the first Pokémon is finished, we move onto the next Pokémon.
    • Continue in Pokédex order until all 718 Pokémon have been sorted.
    • Try to keep conversation flowing between posts - all posts must be relevant to Pokémon as this is Pokémon Trivia!

Spoiler: Saved
    Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur, Charmander, Charmeleon, Charizard, Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastoise, Caterpie, Butterfree, Weedle, Beedrill, Pidgey, Pidgeotto, Pidgeot, Rattata, Raticate, Spearow, Fearow, Ekans, Arbok, Pikachu, Raichu, Sandshrew, Sandslash, Nidoran♀, Nidorina, Nidoqueen, Nidoran♂, Nidorino, Nidoking, Clefable, Vulpix, Ninetales, Wigglytuff, Zubat, Golbat, Oddish, Gloom, Vileplume, Paras, Parasect, Venonat, Venomoth, Meowth, Persian, Diglett, Dugtrio, Psyduck, Golduck, Mankey, Primeape, Growlithe, Arcanine, Poliwag, Poliwhirl, Poliwrath, Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam, Machop, Machamp, Victreebel, Tentacool, Tentacruel, Geodude, Ponyta, Rapidash, Slowpoke, Slowbro, Magnemite, Magneton, Doduo, Dodrio, Seel, Dewgong, Muk, Shellder, Cloyster, Gastly, Haunter, Gengar, Onix, Drowzee, Hypno, Krabby, Kingler, Exeggutor, Cubone, Marowak, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Lickitung, Koffing, Weezing, Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Chansey, Tangela, Kanghaskan, Horsea, Seadra, Goldeen, Staryu, Starmie, Scyther, Magmar, Pinsir, Tauros, Gyarados, Lapras, Ditto, Eevee, Vaporeon, Flareon, Porygon, Omanyte, Omastar, Kabuto, Kabutops, Aerodactyl, Snorlax, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Dratini, Dragonair, Dragonite, Mewtwo, Mew, Chikorita, Bayleef, Meganium, Cyndaquil, Quilava, Typhlosion, Totodile, Croconaw, Feraligatr, Sentret, Furret, Hoothoot, Noctowl, Ledian, Spinarak, Ariados, Crobat, Chinchou, Lanturn, Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Togepi, Togetic, Natu, Xatu, Mareep, Flaaffy, Ampharos, Belossom, Marill, Azumarill, Sudowoodo, Politoed, Hoppip, Skiploom, Jumpluff, Aipom, Sunkern, Sunflora, Yanma, Wooper, Quagsire, Espeon, Umbreon, Murkrow, Slowking, Misdreavus, Wobbuffet, Girafarig, Dunsparce, Gligar, Steelix, Granbull, Scizor, Shuckle, Heracross, Sneasel, Teddiursa, Ursaring

Spoiler: Discarded
    Metapod, Kakuna, Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Machoke, Bellsprout, Weepinbell, Graveler, Golem, Farfetch'd, Grimer, Voltorb, Exeggcute, Seaking, Mr. Mime, Jynx, Electabuzz, Magikarp, Jolteon, Ledyba, Unown, Pineco, Forretress, Snubbull

In the previous thread Slowbro was just saved, so that brings us to Magnemite, starting with 10 points.

Last edited:
    Years

I remember how useful Magmemite was in B2/W2, that it's a literal answer to Roxie. She has literally nothing that can hit it, but beware of that Mud-Slap Grimer if you happen to be playing it on Challenge Mode.

Lycanthropy

Years

I remember having a terrible trouble beating Wattson's Magnemite and Magneton for a challenge in which my only available Pokémon at the time were Azumarill and Lombre. It forced me to grind a lot battling those low-levelled wild Pokémon. Luckily Roselia gave at least a semi-decent amount of experience.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

Aw, I'm gonna miss all of our good times in the last thread, but I guess it's time to move on!

While I can't say I'm the biggest fan of Magnemite, I certainly do have respect for it. ^^

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

It's kinda the same thread, but with less double posting and a first post that actually will be updated. :)

Oh, no worries! That's certainly a good thing, though I was actually referring to the old conversations we had a long time ago (like March to April-ish) which were super fun, but we can always have new super-fun conversations, so there's no problem there!

Years

I remember when I used Magnemite for a bit in Black 2, but it never became a permanent member of the team. There could come a time where I might use it eventually.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I used Magneton in XD but I think that was pretty much it.

Sirfetch’d

I love the Magnemite family! In face I am using a Magnezone on my current OU team :3

Lycanthropy

Years

Magneton is pretty cool too, but I feel the main reason loving Magneton is because of Magnemite's cutesy. Fusing three of them hasn't made it three times as awesome sadly.

ghostly

cross my heart. ♫
    Years

I don't know if I wanted to save Magneton... meh, I'll save it - FOR MAGNEMITE AND MAGNEZONE

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019

Golem was killed off last time!? You monsters!

Magnezone is my undoubted favorite Electric type. I had the best time in my White 2 Nuzlocke (WHEN THINGS WEREN'T DROPPING LIKE FLIES) alongside SCIENCE! the Magnezone. Just a fun Pokemon to use with all its different moves and potential strategies.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016

But Magnezone isn't until Gen IV, so we won't reach that until 2017! ;_;

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

This thread would have to pick up a lot of speed in order to get to Magnezone sooner hahah.

Back