• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Bulbasaur Race [Part 2]

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

Articuno is absolutely adorable, so I'm definitely gonna vote it up! :3

Snorlax was okay, it needed a lot of energy (double colorless for the win)

I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to the Pokémon TCG, but would you consider Potion Energy or Rainbow Energy as (semi-) viable cards? :O

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years

I'd never down-vote Articuno, I love this Pokemon! My favourite of the legendary bird trio. (:

Spoiler:

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    Articuno is saved! Zapdos is next.

I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to the Pokémon TCG, but would you consider Potion Energy or Rainbow Energy as (semi-) viable cards? :O

Potion energy is not as useful as you'd expect it to be, because you mostly want to heal your active Pokémon (that's the Pokémon that gets the damage), which is normally a Pokémon with already enough energy attached to it to attack. Even if you use the potion energy just as potion, it still counts as an energy, of which you can only use one per turn.
    Rainbow energy, on the other hand, can be really useful in decks with multiple types, as you can use them on any Pokémon in your deck. The drawback of ten damage is not really a big deal.

The old special energies are nothing compared to the new ones. They're making a special energy for each type now and some of them are really strong. For example the Strong Energy (a fighting energy) increases attack power by 20 and the Wonder Energy (fairy) shields from all side effects from the opponent's attacks.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

Potion energy is not as useful as you'd expect it to be, because you mostly want to heal your active Pokémon (that's the Pokémon that gets the damage), which is normally a Pokémon with already enough energy attached to it to attack. Even if you use the potion energy just as potion, it still counts as an energy, of which you can only use one per turn.
    Rainbow energy, on the other hand, can be really useful in decks with multiple types, as you can use them on any Pokémon in your deck. The drawback of ten damage is not really a big deal.

The old special energies are nothing compared to the new ones. They're making a special energy for each type now and some of them are really strong. For example the Strong Energy (a fighting energy) increases attack power by 20 and the Wonder Energy (fairy) shields from all side effects from the opponent's attacks.

Ah, that's a good explanation! How about Double Rainbow Energy? I just read its effect and it seems to have a lot of restrictions... is it still worth using?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday

Have you tried a Chansey + Alakazam + Scoop Up combination deck? You can basically ignore any damage done to your Pokémon, but still have an active offensive Pokémon.
    That was actually the set-up for the deck I mentioned. I didn't play with it much (the League I played at could handle stall decks because that was what everyone played, so I played Haymakers). I think Mr. Mime was included in the deck as well to just have a Pokemon who can quickly stall, due to the card's ability.

Every year, around the time of the Pokemon World Championships, I always attempt to get back into playing the TCG. But something else always comes up that catches my attention.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

I just noticed... if you look closely, you can see Zapdos has actually four wings. :o

Ah, that's a good explanation! How about Double Rainbow Energy? I just read its effect and it seems to have a lot of restrictions... is it still worth using?

I can't say a lot on that one, I have that card only once and don't think I've ever used it. Main difference between the drawbacks on the normal Rainbow Energy and the Double version is that the normal card only has its disadvantage once, while the 10 damage less on attacks from the Double Rainbow is persistent. Double Colorless often works too if you want to attach multiple energies at once.

That was actually the set-up for the deck I mentioned. I didn't play with it much (the League I played at could handle stall decks because that was what everyone played, so I played Haymakers). I think Mr. Mime was included in the deck as well to just have a Pokemon who can quickly stall, due to the card's ability.

Every year, around the time of the Pokemon World Championships, I always attempt to get back into playing the TCG. But something else always comes up that catches my attention.

I used Haymaker a lot on the Gameboy TCG game (but with Magmar instead of Scyther) and I could basically win every match with it if I didn't have terrible luck. Also, I didn't have enough Chansey to get a stalling deck at full power.
    Other combinations I liked were Nidoqueen + Nidoking and Exeggutor + Venusaur + Mewtwo, but the Haymaker deck often appeared to work more efficient.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    20 - saved!

Wow, I didn't notice that! I just thought the black was part of his yellow wings... this makes him even cooler (I think)! :D

Back