• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] The Capture/Evolution/ Release, etc. Thread

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
    So after watching Episode 115 and seeing the preview for next week, anyone want to place odds on her getting Magearna?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Yes? Because he's done that to plenty of Pokemon he doesn't end up catching.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
    Back in Kanto and the Eevee Brothers Episode, Ash stated he wanted one but was deterred by Misty due to the tag and her own selfish reasons(she wanted a Vaporeon). 20 years and over 1k Episodes later.... where's that Eevee Ash?

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    So he went from "I want that fennec-cat" to "meh i don't need it" in just 20 years?
    They've given one to a companion 3 times now. Some people thought that Eevee was going to Ash this gen, and it turned out to go to Lana. At this point, I highly doubt that Ash will ever catch one.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Again, I believe he's expressed interest to plenty of Pokemon in the past hahah. Eevee is just another one he's expressed interest to but never actually caught.

That was also during the indigo league (and kinda early at that) so it's possible that things have simply changed since then, honestly.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
    They've given one to a companion 3 times now. Some people thought that Eevee was going to Ash this gen, and it turned out to go to Lana. At this point, I highly doubt that Ash will ever catch one.

Good answer i geuss

Yes? Because he's done that to plenty of Pokemon he doesn't end up catching.

:3 Man he really is like DB's Goku

And to think i let him take care of the three eeveelutions when he was going back to kanto from that pirate island on a pokemon fandom wiki, always wondered why he didn't take them into his team, now i know the answer

but when did Ash first express interest in possibly catching an Eevee?

Back in season 1, Ash, Misty and Brock met a tied up Eevee, and Ash said he wants one, i dunno if that's a dub line thought (like him "going back" for his pidgeot) as dogasu backpack doesn't tell us anything https://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/comparisons/kanto/ep040.html, i still like that episode thought, hence why i asked my cousin to buy it for me on DVD

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Don't think anyone here actually said it wasn't going to happen, just saying. After Ash with Meltan and Mallow with Shaymin don't think anyone is surprised at this point.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Honestly wouldn't be surprised if they gave Lillie Magearna so she would have a second Pokemon for the league. That said I wouldn't be surprised if Mallow keeps Shaymin for the league and then potentially release it after so they could both have two.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    My previous post(s) about Ash catching Tapu Koko still remains.

My worries have really only increased, not decreased, due to what they've been doing recently.

:irate-stare:

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
    So... um...

Did everyone see the character update on Serebii?

Should I say 'I told you so' or would that be rude?

:confused:

I was expecting her alolan Vulpix to evolve into Ninetales but no, Lillie got (as stated by Sylveon) "Original the pokemon"

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I think the main thing that'll prevent Ash from catching Tapu Koko is that it's the Guardian of Melemele Island. I don't think he'd want to take their Guardian away like that. But beating it I can totally see being a goal that he reaches at the end of the series.

( and yes, i'm aware he's caught like bulbasaur and hawlucha. but i think tapu koko is on a completely different level as a guardian lol)

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
    Poipole is a distinct possibility and one I'm leaning towards but, and this would be so their MO lately with the Kanto pandering, but bringing Charizard back. Ash hasn't had two Fire Types at the same time save maybe for the final few Episodes in Unova(unless he sent Pignite back for it) but why stop now with the Kanto pandering? This would essentially give Ash and Kiawe a new thing to battle over by determining which Charizard is stronger and Ash doesn't have Fire or Flying Z-Crystals, giving Kiawe the decisive edge. The only reason it's unlikely to happen is that it'd take away from Torracat or Incineroar if it evolves.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    As much as I like Ash's Charizard I have to agree with Quiji and that I don't wish for Charizard to come back for this league. Ideally because all they've been showcasing is Kanto Pokemon I'm not too thrilled on the idea of them being in the limelight anymore than they already have. Really looking forward to maybeeee seeing his other region Pokemon. Maybe not in Sun/Moon but perhaps Sword/Shield.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    I don't think that Ash will use Charizard or any of the other reserves in the league.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    It appears based on the PokeFan issue that aside from Brionne evolving there will be no more team changes this saga.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    would you be able to provide us with a link or an image or something with this information? honestly i wouldn't be surprised if that's the case but i still want to see the source of this information for confirmation o:

Years
    if the above "info" is true, does that mean Torracat won't evolve to an Incineroar? or am I misunderstanding? please evolve torracat ;-; ;-; ;-;

Back