• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] The Capture/Evolution/ Release, etc. Thread

Years
  • Can Lilie's Snowy evolve to Ninetales, i know that Pokemon is scared, but it should rather overcome for this and start to evolve into one. Ninetales is far the most powerful than Vulpix in an Alolan Form.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Is there a translation or something? Without a translation to me it just looks like theyre showcasing the pokemon and z moves. Does it say anything about this being their teams for team upcoming league or something.

Also doesnt help that the page doesnt have lana so i dont see a confirmed primarina haha

Years
  • well, that's disappointing :(
    i hope they reconsider or whatever

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • It doesn't look to be foreshadowing as I see it. Completely ignoring the female protagonists is a big problem and Sophocles appears to have a Z-Ring(which seeing as I haven't seen today's Episode might be today but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't happen as what Z-Crystals would he use?). Plus if it doesn't evolve, we basically get a nerfed Sinnoh team with the Grass starter staying at Tier 1, Fire Starter being forced to stay at Tier 2(*cough Unova PTSD cough*) and Lana, unlike Dawn, fully evolving her partner.

For future catches, here's what might happen:

Lana catches Dewpider and, like Kiawe, uses her family's ride Pokemon in Lapras
    Lillie re-activates Magearna, possibly evolving her Snowball into Alolan Ninetales(she has the means to do so)
    Mallow catches Oranguru

Off-topic but here are some League matches that might take place:

Lana vs. Ilima (Eevee vs. Eevee)
    Lana vs. Ida(Brionne vs. Primarina or Primarina vs. Primarina) <- Brionne evolves during match or before it
    Lana vs. Misty(Primarina vs. M.Gyarados)
    Kiawe vs. Viren(A.Marowak vs. Electivire)
    Kiawe vs. Brock(Turtonator vs. M.Steelix)
    Kiawe vs. Ash(Charizard vs. Pikachu)
    Mallow vs. Ulu(Tsareena vs. Lickitung) <- Sister vs. Brother for the win
    Lillie vs. Gladion(Alolan Vulpix/Ninetales vs. Lycanroc/Silvally) <- wishful thinking but oh so good imo
    Ash vs. Gladion(Lycanroc vs. Lycanroc)
    Ash vs. Hau(Rowlet vs. Dartrix/Decidueye)
    Ash vs. Guzma(Pikachu vs. Golisopod)
    Ash vs. Kukui(Torracat vs. Incineroar)
    Sophocles vs. Horacio(Vikavolt vs. Vikavolt)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Maybe put the possible league matches in Chit-chat? just a thought ;)

We do have another episode with Oranguru coming up so I wonder if that's going to be when Mallow might ask Oranguru to come with her for the league or something. I suppose we'll find out.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Yeah but my hunch on Sophocles getting a Z-Ring was on target. Didn't think it would be the Bug one though. Would have thought they'd reserve that for Guzma. Also it appears Brionne evolves next Episode so that might be the first inkling or seeing its respective Z-Move.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Part of me had a feeling he was going to get the bug one since they've had Pikachu showcase the electric once since the beginning. I also kinda was also thinking it was going to be Guzma as well but it's possible that they might even give him a Z-Ring (which is fine if they have story to back that up).

Evolution + Z-Move will probably be a thing for Primarina next episode I agree.

Decibel575

#TEAMSOBBLE
    Years
  • So, wait. I have been behind for a little. Misty and Brock are going to be in the Alola League?
    Honestly.. and I'm upset that I'm about to say this, but Ash's team has really been lacklustre this time. He had so much potential this time. And he STILL didn't get a full team.. I have loved the SM anime for as long as I've seen it, but I am sort of feeling disappointed right now. I would have loved to see at least a Dartrix from Ash. The only potentially liable Pokemon he has right now are Pikachu, Lycanroc and maybe Torracat. Meltan, I have no idea how that Pokemon will go, since I've never really seen it in action. But it is a Mythical Pokemon. Maybe Melmetal will make an appearance.
    I guess Gladion or Hau will win the League this time it seems.
    Sorry for sounding like a downer.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • So, wait. I have been behind for a little. Misty and Brock are going to be in the Alola League?
    Honestly.. and I'm upset that I'm about to say this, but Ash's team has really been lacklustre this time. He had so much potential this time. And he STILL didn't get a full team.. I have loved the SM anime for as long as I've seen it, but I am sort of feeling disappointed right now. I would have loved to see at least a Dartrix from Ash. The only potentially liable Pokemon he has right now are Pikachu, Lycanroc and maybe Torracat. Meltan, I have no idea how that Pokemon will go, since I've never really seen it in action. But it is a Mythical Pokemon. Maybe Melmetal will make an appearance.
    I guess Gladion or Hau will win the League this time it seems.
    Sorry for sounding like a downer.

At the end of 103, they left the door open for them to make a return. They'll be returning most likely for a third time because they can't have enough Kanto. Melmetal will have to make a debut appearance at some point so the odds of Meltan evolving are above average. Brionne appears to evolve next Episode, leaving very little time for Lana's starter at its middle stage. I mean it reminds me of Charmeleon back in the day so it gives the impression of them rushing things.

I also will place a 25% chance Mallow catches Oranguru in a few Episodes.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I've noticed in general that there aren't a lot of Pokemon that spend a whole lot of time as their mid-evo through experience. But maybe that's just me overthinking haha. Doesn't help that Lana hasn't really been showcased with Brionne since it's evolution she's mostly been with Eevee :x Looking forward to seeing them use the Primarina Z-Crystal though .

( really really wish they'd move on from kanto sigh )

Alloute

Cat Burglar
    Years
  • Omg if Misty and Brock compete in the League, I'll lose my mind. We already have Ash, Kiawe, Lana, Sophocles, Lillie, Mallow, and likely Hau, Guzma, Kukui, and Gladion competing, plus whichever other SuMo characters show up. So I don't think we need even more big name competitors. The League shouldn't be a free-for-all mess.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • So Primarina has finally arrived. No exhibition of its Z-Move yet but its bound to happen at some point. Perhaps we may see the move during Episode 123 along with Lillie's Ice-Z that she's yet to master. Next week's Episode is Mallow focused and perhaps she catches Oranguru next week or, out of the blue, get's her Z-Ring.

Anyone else find it coincidental that they used Lana's joke from awhile back for this past Episode?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    Mallow did end up getting Grassium in today's episode. All the companions have Z-Rings now and the companions can share Z-Crystals.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Makes sense. Itd be unfair if one of them didnt have a zcrystal by the time the league started. Did wish they had them spread out a bit morr though haha.

Decibel575

#TEAMSOBBLE
    Years
  • So, I was thinking. Perhaps we won't see Meltan evolve in this series. Since it does look like a gear, and it may have ties to Galar, what if he just brings it with him like Aipom?

So now everyone has a Z Ring. I'm not surprised, just disappointed. The only 3 that really earned it are Kiawe, Lana, and maybe Ash or Lillie since they were both just handed theirs, but still needed to perfect their Z-moves. Primarina already as well? Dont get me wrong, one of my favourites.. but they should have left more time for it. It seems to be going downhill with so little episodes left. kind of sad.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Thing is, Meltan/Melmetal are Generation 7 Pokemon. Its basically tradition to showcase the entire regional Pokedex within the Anime. I mean the last UltraBeast debuts in a few weeks, leaving just Melmetal as the last Generation 7 Pokemon left AFAIK. Unless you count Marshadow but it appeared in Movie#20 so... yeah unless they want to do an Anime reveal Melmetal is the last one left.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    So, I was thinking. Perhaps we won't see Meltan evolve in this series. Since it does look like a gear, and it may have ties to Galar, what if he just brings it with him like Aipom?

I don't think that's happening. Meltan is a Gen 7 Pokemon and it is therefore more likely that it will evolve in SM than evolve in Galar. I don't even think that Meltan will have any importance in Sword & Shield.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Yeah unless Melmetal has some extreme importance in Galar or something I don't think Ash will be bringing Meltan to Galar and if it evolves it'll likely evolve during Sun/Moon. I can also see it not evolving and them showing off Melmetal another way maybe all those other Meltans evolving into it idk.

Alloute

Cat Burglar
    Years
  • So now everyone has a Z Ring. I'm not surprised, just disappointed. The only 3 that really earned it are Kiawe, Lana, and maybe Ash or Lillie since they were both just handed theirs, but still needed to perfect their Z-moves. Primarina already as well? Dont get me wrong, one of my favourites.. but they should have left more time for it. It seems to be going downhill with so little episodes left. kind of sad.

Well seeing as how Lana and Primarina had no problems perfecting their Z-Move completely off-screen, I figure that she'll be a top contender at the Alola League now. She's been handed things these past two years for doing almost nothing, so I wouldn't even be shocked if she peaks higher than Ash at the League, or even if she wins the tournament.

Last edited:
    Back