• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Cat's Meow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2011
    What new cat-like abilities would you like to see in upcoming generations?

Maybe something like "Curiousity". You can see what moves the other Pokemon has but there is a chance of your Pokemon fainting. Based on Curiousity killed the cat.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
  • What new cat-like abilities would you like to see in upcoming generations?

Lion Heart
    When pokemon enter battle, All of the pokemon's stats are raised by 3 & cannot be lower or inceased more.

(This is for cat pokemon only, seeing as how game freak like to make cat pokemon suck in battle...)

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • Want to join!

I'd like to join.
    -Username Otherworld9)
    -My partner shall be Raikou.
    -Raikou's nickname shall be Mario.

I like Raikou since he seems to be the odd one out and I like his design...and how odd he is that he isn't very popular and never got a movie for himself yet.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
  • Welcome to the new users and whatever.

Also, I thought of a new ability... Like, called Sharpen or something, and it could raise their attack one level. Like sharpening claws.

Garde

Fallen Angel
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2015
    May I please join? I love cats, and I love cat Pokemon!
    If I can, I'd love for my partner to be Espeon...named Ailura.
    Also, I'm really glad to see that you included the eons, Sneasel/Weavile, the beasts, and Absol as felines! A lot of people refuse to accept they are despite that they truly are based on the lovely animals.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • New abilities

A new ability for the cat pokemon?
    High Pride- Doubles attack power and Evasion with every attack.

Meowth replace Jigglypuff? Of course, Meowth is more powerful and popular than Jigglypuff, who only seems to sing.

Fantastique

Farewell, seashell .
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2011
    Hullooo. I'd like to join please n___n
    Cat Pokemon...are awesome, to say the least.

But I've got a question. Why are Growlithe, Arcanine, and the legendary dog trio in the list of feline Pokemon? o-o

Garde

Fallen Angel
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2015
    The legendary "dog" trio are not dogs. That was a mistranslation from a long time ago written by an unofficial source and Nintendo has said numerous time it's false.

Entei is based on the Lion of Foo from Japan, a guardian statue that protects temples. Raikou is a thunder demon called a raiju that takes the form of a tiger. Suicune, I believe is a kirin (a Japanese form of unicorn with dragon and giraffe traits) that also is based on Fujiin's leopard pelt.

Fantastique

Farewell, seashell .
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2011
    The legendary "dog" trio are not dogs. That was a mistranslation from a long time ago written by an unofficial source and Nintendo has said numerous time it's false.

Entei is based on the Lion of Foo from Japan, a guardian statue that protects temples. Raikou is a thunder demon called a raiju that takes the form of a tiger. Suicune, I believe is a kirin (a Japanese form of unicorn with dragon and giraffe traits) that also is based on Fujiin's leopard pelt.
    Ohhh that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up 8D

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years

New Topic: Which Cat Legendary do you go for the most and why?

Well, I would go for Raikou for many reasons. They are just fan based, and mainly for the design and type it is.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Which Cat Legendary do you go for the most and why?

Mew! It's just so cute and pink! XD

I've always thought Mew was a neat Pokemon. It always seemed so mysterious...

Next to it, Suicune. I lurves me some snow leopards. >:3

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Which Cat Legendary do you go for the most and why?
    Entei. I always loved how it looks. <3

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    May I please join :3?

Username: Mew~
    Partner:
    The Cat's Meow

Nickname: Neo

Arn't the eevelutions Foxes and Growlithe and Arcanine canines? It's in the name: Arcanine

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Arn't the eevelutions Foxes and Growlithe and Arcanine canines? It's in the name: Arcanine

I think Eevee itself is based on a fox, but Espeon for sure is a cat, as it's based on a nekomata. Some of the other Eeveelutions share characteristics with cats (especially Vaporeon and Umbreon) as well as foxes and dogs.

Growlithe and Arcanine are based on Stone Lions (also called Foo Dogs). They are a combination of dog, lion, and tiger, so technically, they're both canines and felines.

Pokemon names don't always come from what they are based on. Sandshrew is an example of this (its based on a pangolin, not a shrew).

Last edited:

Garde

Fallen Angel
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2015
    Which Cat Legendary do you go for the most and why?
    I love both Entei and Raikou....I have a giant Entei plush but about 20 Raikou cards. I guess I have to say Raikou though, I just think it's so cute but manages to look fierce.
    I still love Papa though!

And answering Mew~, some Eeveelutions are feline, some are more canine, and since Eevee is a fox and foxes are the most feline of the canid family, it's sort of the middle ground for it to evolve into either way. Espeon, Vaporeon, Leafeon, and Umbreon I think are more catlike, Jolteon, Glaceon, and Flareon are more canine-like.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
  • Sorry I've been gone for so long... I've been playing Monster Hunter Tri.

There's a creature on the game that's AWESOME & I know you guys would agree:

It's called a Barioth, & it's like a cross between a saber-toothed cat & a dragon!

It would be GREAT if they made a similar creaure on the pokemon games...

It would be either Ice/Flying or Ice/Dragon, (one of the Barioth's attack is to shoot a ice ball onto the ground that becomes a ice twister with a WIDE range & it's found ONLY at the tundra.) it'd hit HARD & like the Barioth on MHT, it'd be VERY fast!

This pokemon would be a legendary for sure...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back