• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Challenge: MMOPokeRP Seasons Style (Sign ups Closed)

King!

better
Years
  • Unfortunately, I'm babysitting early tomorrow so I can't play now and I can't play most of the day tomorrow. I probably could try to fit in an update within the next eighteen hours, but if I can't play, I cna't play I guess <.>

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Day 7:

Inventory:

Season: Summer

Started on Route 117.
    • Found hidden Repel and hidden Heart Scale (+10).
    • Beat the Mauville gym trainers and Wattson with Marshtomp (+5).
    • Backtracked to Dewford and soloed the gym with Aron (+5). yay for overleveling! Anti-Gym Nuzlocke Challenge Quest complete!

• Sailed back to Slateport and saved in Verdanturf Town.
    End Day 7.

Points: Start (128) + Hidden Items (10) + Gyms Cleared (10) = 148.

Team Jd:

Marshtomp, ♂ - L24 @ Soft Sand
    Impish, Torrent
    Tackle, Bide, Water Gun, Mud Shot

Aron, ♂ - L27 @ Silk Scarf
    Lonely, Sturdy
    Headbutt, Metal Claw, Rock Tomb, Iron Defense

Boxed Pokemon:
    Nincada, ♂ - L12
    Adamant, Compoundeyes
    Scratch, Harden, Leech Life, Sand-Attack

Notes: I was finally able to do that quest, I really needed to overlevel Aron since he has a 4x weakness to fighting. fortunately Machop used Seismic Toss and Makuhita used Bulk Up, both were 2HKOs. I'm not going to be progressing much in the next few days since I need to grind my next 2 team members...

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
  • Day 7 Log:
    Start Location: Mauville
    Inventory: Protection Charm, Phoenix Down, Dark Pokeball, Stoploss, Sudden Change

- Ran up to Route 111 and beat the trainers
    - Ran through Route 112 beating 1 trainer
    - Caught a Torkoal and numel in the fire tunnel thing (+4)
    - Caught a Spinda, Sandshrew (+4)
    - Found hidden Revive and Carbos (+20)
    - Caught Solrock (+5)
    - Obtained TM 43 (+5), Found hidden TM 32 and Ether (+25)
    - Found hidden nugget (+20)
    - Obtained TM 28 (+5)
    - Ran back to Mt Chimney and saved before fighting Maxie.

So 84 +69 = 153
    And I used my melting Clock and made a stoploss

Finish Location: Mt Chimney
    Inventory: Phoenix Down, Protection Charm, Sudden Change, Dark Pokeball, Stoploss
    Team:
    Kadabra lvl 26
    Makuhita lvl 22
    Mightyena lvl 22

heLLkitsune

There's nothing for me here...
    Years

• The Challenge: MMOPokeRP Seasons Style (Sign ups Closed)

Pokemon Ruby:
    The MMOPokeRP Challenge

DAY 7 LOG:

Points Balance: 59
    Items:

Starting Location: Route 117

Obtained hidden Repel (+10)
    Marill added to the Pokedex (+2)
    Breloom added to the Pokedex (+2)
    Roselia added to the Pokedex (+2)
    Obtained hidden Blackglasses (+10)
    Defeated all trainers in Mauville gym (+10)
    Obtained HM04 (+5)
    Ended at 4:00 at Route 111

Ending balance: Starting balance (59) + New Pokedex entry (3x2=6) + hidden items (2x10=20) + TM/HM obtained (1x5=5) + Trainers cleared in an area (1x10=10) = 100

My team:

Murtaugh @ King's Rock
    Lv. 23
    Jolly Nature
    Overgrow
    -The Challenge: MMOPokeRP Seasons Style (Sign ups Closed) Fury Cutter
    -The Challenge: MMOPokeRP Seasons Style (Sign ups Closed) Absorb
    -The Challenge: MMOPokeRP Seasons Style (Sign ups Closed) Pursuit
    -The Challenge: MMOPokeRP Seasons Style (Sign ups Closed) Quick Attack

Toadette @ / Lv. 25
    Sassy Nature
    Effect Spore
    -The Challenge: MMOPokeRP Seasons Style (Sign ups Closed) Mega Drain
    -The Challenge: MMOPokeRP Seasons Style (Sign ups Closed) Tackle
    -The Challenge: MMOPokeRP Seasons Style (Sign ups Closed) Mach Punch
    -
    The Challenge: MMOPokeRP Seasons Style (Sign ups Closed) Leech Seed

Madonna @ / Lv. 23
    Naive Nature
    Truant

-The Challenge: MMOPokeRP Seasons Style (Sign ups Closed) Strength
    -The Challenge: MMOPokeRP Seasons Style (Sign ups Closed) Yawn
    -The Challenge: MMOPokeRP Seasons Style (Sign ups Closed) Encore
    -The Challenge: MMOPokeRP Seasons Style (Sign ups Closed) Fury Swipes

Day 7 thoughts:
    - Sancho still being awesome, he got me 2 Rare Candies in a row

- finally I have Breloom with which the 3rd gym was easy
    I don't know if the Vortex shatters Protection Charms or not (it doesn't say anything about them, it just states that it wipes all the items ;), but if it does I'll use mine on CWP. And if it does not, then never mind these two sentences.

Last edited:

Darksualc

Farm animal champion
    Years
  • Day 5:

Inventory:

Season: Summer

Continued on rt. 110 and found a hidden Pokeball. (+10)
    In Mauville I got the coin case, HM6 and the Heart Scale from the beach to the east(hidden). (+15)
    On rt. 117 I found a hidden repel. (+10)
    Saved at 2:42 on rt. 117.

Total points now: Start (2) + Pokemons (2*0) + TM/HM (5*1) + Special (10*0) + Hidden Items (10*3) + Gym Clear (10*0) = End (37)

Team:
    Marshtomp (Mu)
    Lvl 20
    -Water Gun
    -Tackle
    -Mud Slap
    -Mud Shot

Dustox (BUG)
    Lvl 17
    -Confusion
    -Tackle
    -Poison Sting
    -Gust

Aron (MONSTER)
    Lvl 16
    -Metal Claw
    -Rock Tomb
    -Mud Slap
    -Headbutt

Tentacool (COOL)
    Lvl 16
    -Poison Sting
    -Supersonic
    -Constrict

HM Slaves:
    Zigzagoon lvl 3
    -Cut

Taillow lvl 5

I only played for 14 min since I wasn't sure about that Stoploss that was used (I believe, I may be wrong here).

Also I believe my protection charm has run out today...

I'll also use my Dark pokeball to box JD's Aron, please.

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    No update from me today, my grandpa is here, making by mom very negative against computer usage :/

King!

better
    Years
  • Hmmm.....I think I'm going to lose. :(

Starting Location: Slateport City
    Starting Points: 57
    Items: Phoenix Down, Ruby

~All of my effing Pokemon are male. ._. Stupid Skitty... ;.;
    ~Caught Electrike (+2)
    ~ Found hidden item #1 route110 (+10)
    ~ Beat May, surprisingly 8D
    ~Found hidden item #2 route 110 (+10)
    ~Found hidden item #3 route110 (+10)
    ~OMG MINUN LEARNED SPARK UUUUNGH!
    ~Found hidden item #4 route110 (+10)
    ~Beat Wally herp derp
    ~Otained HM Roch Smash (+5)
    ~Found hidden Repel +(10)

Not a very exciting day...and I don't remember my teams levels or movesets and I don't have time to type them all. Highest is nineteen with Minun and Combusken and maybe Shroomihs, lowest is maybe 17 with Ralts. :P

Ending Location: Er....Route Between Mauville and Verdanturf? ^_^;
    Ending Points: 114
    Items: Phoenix Down, Ruby

If any wants my Ruby, I mostly just bought it to trade off. Also, if we are playing tomorrow, I would like to buy a Protection Charm, although I don't think we are. If we aren't playing I would like to keep everything the same. :P

Last edited:
    Years
  • Vortex shatters protection charms
    Melting clock can go through protection charm

almost all alchemy items are immune to protection charm
    guise I'm not feeling good today so i can't even deal today
    going back to bed
    I might start the new day at midnight
    but if you haven't played today it's your lucky day

Also HellKitsune I'll edit the previous day to include the post you made right before I updated lolz

thenickel09

Lurker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Hmmm.....I think I'm going to lose. :(

I'm in the same boat as you lol.

Day 7 Log:
    Starting Location: Dewford Town
    Ending Location: Slateport Pokemon Center
    Inventory: 1 Dark Pokeball, 1 Phoenix Down
    Starting Point Total: 87

(Technically I only played 25 minutes today, but I evened out my time :^D )

-Went to Slateport via Mr. Briney's ship.
    -Trolololed all the trainers on the beach/in the soda shop. [+10]
    -Found 5 hidden items on the beach. (Ether, Revive, Great Ball, Heart Scale x2) [+50]
    -Received a TM(46?) from the Aqua Grunt in the Museum [+5]
    -Delivered the Devon Goods to Capt. Stern after some anti-climactic battles with Aqua Grunts.

Ending point total: 152

I think its safe to say nobody will be doing the 1st route grind challenge Laure. Make a new quest? Please ;.;

I don't remember my teams' levels/movesets(and I'm too lazy to look them up but nothing evolved

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • I think its safe to say nobody will be doing the 1st route grind challenge Laure. Make a new quest? Please ;.;
    Actually, that quest was completed by CWP. I also completed the Anti-Nuzlocke quest as well, so there are no more active quests...

We do need more, but I think Laure needs help with ideas. I did list some back before we started here, though. look in the spoiler.
    Contests are viable now that most people can get a Contest Pass in Verdanturf.

Last edited:

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
  • So i was going to do my hour and a half before i left for my girlfriends but i wont be able to know since day 8 hasnt started yet so im just going to have to do it when i get back. And Also i think i forgot to pass the bomb.. if i did ill give it to jespoke.

MythologicalHAX

Psychic Nightmare
    Years
  • I'm gonna have to stop this challenge my internet is being stupid and i havent been able to keep a connection long enough to notice and update lol so yeah its been fun guys and im really gonna miss it =`(

VelocityQ

Back from the dead!
    Years
  • I guess I'll sign up for this. Sounds fun. But, I can't do it every day DX
    I got school (Double DX) but I'll try to be on whenever possible.
    Sign me up for Sapphire.

If I said I wanted Winter, you'd probably give me Summer. I hates Summer in Arizona. Way too hot

I guess I'll wait for a reply :P

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • I guess I'll sign up for this. Sounds fun. But, I can't do it every day DX
    I got school (Double DX) but I'll try to be on whenever possible.
    Sign me up for Sapphire.

If I said I wanted Winter, you'd probably give me Summer. I hates Summer in Arizona. Way too hot

I guess I'll wait for a reply :P
    Ummm..the signups closed last week, sorry. it does say signups closed on the title you know. Wait for the next iteration, and you will be welcomed wholeheartedly! :)

Years
  • Can anyone access the first page? I've been trying to for hours and it seems to have a server issue for me, it doesn't affect any part of the forum cept this area. And it's really being a problem for me D:<

King!

better
    Years
  • The Challenge: MMOPokeRP Seasons Style (Sign ups Closed)
    THE CHALLENGE

Seasons Style

Tournament is under way: It is currently Day 6
    Day 6 events can be found here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6809584&posted=1#post6809584

What exactly is The Challenge?
    This challenge is like a challenge within a challenge (lol lost? It will make sense soon) where simple actions done within your Pokemon game can help you take on you compete against your opponents, who happen to be everyone else that signs up. Unlike traditional challenges you have to use time wisely to survive.

How the Game is played:
    In your copy (whether it be emulator or hard copy) of Ruby or Sapphire version (no Emerald) you will be playing The Pokemon Seasons challenge Found here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=247587 Once you sign up a season will be assigned to you. Ignore Expert Mode

To make it easier thanks to JD and Jespoke I have a list of Pokemon that are available for you to use for R/S using the Seaons Challenge
    Winter
    Spoiler:

Spring
    Spoiler:

Summer
    Spoiler:

Fall
    Spoiler:

Time Allotment: Unlike other challenges there is a time limit to this game, you may only play your game for no more than 30 minutes a day, no speed button.

Points: This whole challenge revolves around points and it's not quite hard to obtain them, if you use your 30 minutes wisely of course. Located in this thread is a points table, when you collect Pokemon, Track down TM's, and clear areas of their trainers you'll receive points and be able to use them in the Store.

Items and Beating the Game The winner of the game is the one who can manage to capture Rayquaza as well as Latias and Latios, so I know what you're thinking. I'm not one of those project alpha competitors how can I keep up and beat the others with only 30 minutes a day? Items is how, using those points you been collecting the store offers a wide variety of items which can be used to box your opponent's party members, slow their time down, or even force them to start a brand new game. Don't worry they plan on doing the same to you so stock up on protection charms.

Events It's not just opponents against you, the game itself will try and slow you down, but sometimes it can help as well. At the start of every tournament day using RNG random events can occur that can effect individuals, the store, or the group as a whole. It's not all bad though for there is also a lottery every day where one lucky person receives points or even exclusive items. Another game changing event is several different bombs that will be handed out, if you have the bomb, once you finished your task for the day hand it to someone else. Eventually it will explode (just like playing hot potato) and the one holding it at the time of explosion will either be very lucky or very unfortunate.

Quests and Alchemy There are going to be some items you cannot receive through even the lottery, so there is 2 ways to get them. Following an alchemy recipe you mix 3 different items to create what you need, or check the quest section. I'll be posting certain things, that when done, will get you a treasure chest with points and exclusive items, but make sure to work on the quest quickly, once someone beats it the quest will disappear.

RULES
    In Game: Follow all Season specific rules to your game that the Seasons Challenge forum. Additional Rules as follows: must have 4 Pokemon in your party by the 4th gym, 6 pokemon in your party by the 7th. If one of your Pokemon get boxed, you cannot continue with your journey any further til you have the right amount of party members. In the beginning of the game if there is no required Pokemon before the first gym feel free to hack 1 in.

Keep Your Team Leveled: This isn't a solo challenge, all party members CANNOT be less than 5 levels lower than your highest leveled Pokemon.

BE ACTIVE I cannot stress this enough for this challenge, subscribe to the forum so when you know there is a reply (it could be me starting a tournament day or someone using an item against you) after every time you play you must update with your points, if you report your points on another day you don't get them. If I don't hear from you within 3 days you are out of the game. (Unless you have vacation or will be away from the computer contact me and we'll work something out.

Tournament Days You may not use your 30 minutes until I declare it a tournament day, due to time zone differences and such it's just easier to start when I say start, that and I need to decide the daily events and lottery.

You only get 30 minutes I won't squabble over 1 or 2 minutes off of your in game time, because I know you want to finish the battle your stuck in and probably take notes during your journey so you can accurately add up your points. However, only do this in one sitting, no playing for 10 minutes in the morning than another 20 later. Once you shut your game off you're done. Once again, remember, no speed button allowed in this challenge.

Rules on Items You cannot use an item the same day you acquired it, unless, it is a lottery gift. You may also trade items, you cannot just give them away though (like in a Pokemon game) there must be an exchange of goods. However, if you get bored you should make a Will & Testament in case you /rage quit or disappear for 3 days your items won't go to waste and will go to someone. In this thread is a nice alchemy shop to combine your lesser items into greater items, sadly, you may only use alchemy once a day.

Misc: If Sudden Change is cast on you, you may pick whatever season you'd like to switch to, but you may never repeat seasons until you've run through them all.

THE CHALLENGERS
    Here is the status of your opponents make sure to check here often.

Spoiler:

SHOP, QUESTS, AND MISC
    Here is where all the information about items as well as other in-game events can be found

POINTS TABLE
    This is the official chart to keep in mind when you play the game. Every time you complete one of your task you gain the following points:
    (Things found with Pick Up Ability Doesn't Count)

Every Pokemon added to the Pokedex - 2 points
    Every TM / HM obtained or found (Gym Leaders don't count) - 5 points
    Clear the Gym of all Trainers - 10 points
    Catching a Legendary Pokemon - 50 points
    Every Rare Candy found - 10 points
    Every Nugget found - 10 points
    Every Hidden Item Found - 10 points
    Every elemental stone found - 5 points
    If playing Sapphire Version every blue or water pokemon caught - additional 3 points
    If playing Ruby Version every red or fire pokemon caught - additional 3 points
    All Elemental Stones Found - 5 points
    Clear all trainers in Slateport including beach and soda shop - 10 points
    Clear all trainers on Cycling Road - 10 points
    Clear all trainers on Mt. Chimney + Jagged Pass - 15 points
    Clear all trainers on Route 118 + 119 = 15 points
    Clear all trainers on Victory Road = 25 points

ITEM SHOP
    This is the official store where you can exchange your points for items. Prices are also always subject to change

Dark Pokeball
    Evil Item that allows user to force their opponent to box a party Pokemon of User's choice
    Cost: 65 points​

Stop Watch
    Evil Item that can be cast on opponent that will take 15 minutes out of their allowed time
    Cost: 65 points​

Ruby
    Item that has no function other than looking pretty, but can be used for alchemy (only Ruby users can purchase this item)
    Cost: 70 points​

Sapphire
    Item that has no function other than looking pretty, but can be used for alchemy (only Sapphire users can purchase this item)
    Cost 70 points​

Phoenix Down
    If you're Pokemon has been boxed by a Dark Pokeball use this item to bring it back
    Cost: 80 points​

Freeze Frame
    Opponent of your choice isn't allowed to play their game for a whole tournament day
    Cost: 95 points​

Protection Charm
    Protects the wearer from any items used against them, lasts for 3 tournament days
    Cost: 105 points​

Sudden Change Orb
    Cast this on an opponent and they'll be forced to change seasons, which means they must box all team members that don't apply to their new team requirements
    Cost: 105 points​

Exclusive Items
    This is a list of items that can only be obtained through lottery and quests gifts

Black Out
    Evil Item that allows user to force their opponent to start a new game (opponent will still keep their points and items from the thread)​

Switch Aura
    Force your opponent to switch points with you​

Clock
    Adds an extra 30 minutes to your time allotment​

Counter Blade
    Hidden Concealed Item that works once an opponent attacks you and fires the attack back at them (if a Dark Pokeball was used on you DM will decide what Pokemon gets boxed)​

Joltik the Snitch
    This isn't a Gen V challenge, but Joltik is here to help you out. Instead of using it on your opponent Laure (the DM) is your target. Unleash this on her and she'll be forced to tell you important information, such as: Which one of your opponents has a counter item, when the bomb in play will explode, what the bomb will do when it explodes, and what one and only one of the quests treasure chest contains to see if it is worth your time. Answer will be given to you in the form of Private Message so none of your opponents are wise.​

Alchemy Recipes
    List of recipes to help make ultimate items

+
    +
    =

Stoploss
    All Opponents may only play 15 minutes the following tournament day after this spell is cast​

+
    +
    +
    =

Melting Clock
    The following tournament day after this spell is cast, no opponents are allowed to play their game for the day, but the user gets an additional hour​

+
    +
    =

Toxic Orb
    Item that can be stuck on an opponent, once attached opponent will only receive half of the points they earned during game play. Only way to get rid of the orb is to trade somebody (yeah good luck), start a new game, or get an antidote​

+
    +
    =

Antidote
    The only item in the game that can shatter your toxic orb, other than a black out of course​

+
    +
    +
    =

Absolution Blade
    The ultimate weapon that can be used on 3 opponents at a time to force them to start a new game. THE ONLY ITEM THAT CAN SHATTER PROTECTION CHARMS.​

+
    +
    +
    =

Dice of Fate
    Step up step up and take a fun little gamble. When you use this item pick heads or tails, and the DM will flip the coin. If it's in your favor, it will be a happy day. All your points will double, know those items you have? The Dice's power will upgrade them into much more powerful items. Now what if the odds aren't in your favor? The house always wins. Say good-bye half of your points, your items will be downgraded, and in most cases taken away. It's a complete gamble, but it's 50/50 odds.​

+
    +
    =

Vortex
    Opponent scaring you with the way they've been collecting items? Simply send them into a vortex. Once this powerful tornado hits them their inventory will be completely empty.​

+
    +
    +
    +
    =

Creature of Darkness...
    Some of the most powerful items in the game put together will earn you the right summon this cruel creature. Using its power you may wreck havoc on the whole field. Using its powerful attack all protection charms on the field will shatter and all opponents will be forced to start a new game. Once cast the creature will disappear, taking all your items and points as tribute, and leave you the last one alive.​

+
    +
    +
    +
    =

Protection of the Choboco
    Can't have an RPG without a Choboco. As you see this recipe also needs very rare items, one of which being the Absolution Blade, which you could use to summon the Creature of Darkness. That would be very cruel of you though? Being the gentle soul that you are, use these items for good and not evil, not to mention this spell will help you win the game. The Choboco will act as your personal protector. It isn't fast enough to stop Dark Pokeballs, switch items, or a toxic orb, but Sudden Change, Black Out, and Absolution Blade have no effect on it. If someone else summons the Creature of Darkness the monster won't find you, (but it will find your wallet and all your points will be taken away). Your Choboco, unlike the protection charm, will never fade and remain by your side for the rest of the game. No longer having to worry about the pesky new games you can continue your journey without fear.​

BOMBS
    List of the effects bombs can have on you, if they happen to explode on you. Protection Charms can't save you from bombs. Remember if you have one on you when you enter in your points and activities for the day you have to name someone you want to pass it to. If holder of bomb wasn't active that day bomb will be randomly handed to someone else.

Big Bomb- When explodes cost the user 50 points
    Perfect Bomb- All Points and Items are taken away
    Confetti Bomb- User gets 50 points
    Grand Bomb- User gets 100 points
    Smoke Bomb- Starting the next tournament day the user is prohibited from playing for 2 days
    Clockwork Bomb- Starting the next tournament day the user gets an additional hour added to their additional time
    Killer Bomb- Boxes 2 random Pokemon on user's team
    Doom Bomb- Same effect as Blackout, user must restart game
    Prize Bomb- User gets 3 random items
    Bargain Bomb- User gets 50% off all items in the store for 3 days
    Inflation Bomb- Store is 50% more expensive for user for 3 days
    Toxic Bomb- Toxic Orb is forced on user
    Enchanted Bomb- User is given a protection charm that last for 5 days, if user already has protection charm it is recharged
    Peace Bomb- in your game for 2 days you may not battle any trainers of any kind, even if it means you can't advance your journey
    Lololololololol Bomb- Forces you to nickname all your pokemon "Lol", "Lolololol", "Epic Lol" or LLLOOOLLL! for the rest of the challenge

QUESTS
    Here is a list of in game tasks that if you fulfill you receive a treasure chest with exclusive items and points. Remember, once someone unlocks the treasure chest it is gone, so think wisely on if you wish to complete one. Quests are in order of difficulty and the harder the quest the better the prize.

1st Route Grind
    Even though you may only use season Pokemon to battle trainers and gym leaders to advance the plot, it wouldn't hurt to level up your boxed Pokemon in case you need them later. Poocheyna, Wurmple, and Zigzagzoon are your options for this quest. Once you evolve the 3 of them to their final the treasure chest is yours. Of course, if they don't apply to your team they may not be in your party when you fight trainers or be on any route that could advance your game.

Operation Surskit
    Have fun with this mission, because Surskit has a 1% encounter rate on route 102. If you can manage to catch 6 of them, the treasure chest is yours.

Anti- Gym Nuzelocke Challenge (No Saving allowed for area unless time runs out)
    With only a limited amount of team members I'm sure you'll come across a gym in the game where your Pokemon are at high risk. In this challenge have a team of only Pokemon that are weak to the corresponding gym (If this were R/B/Y I'd go to Misty's Gym with only fire types) and treat it as a Nuzelocke challenge. Once your Pokemon faints you can no longer use it on this task. Get the badge and you win the challenge.

USERBAR

I can. >:) Dunno if it's still being tricky for you though. Also, I'm assuming that whoever had the clock couldn't use it, then? :(

Back