• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Challenge of the American Pokemon League

Years
  • For generations, Japan has dominated the Pokemon league challenges, containing the only regions where valid league challenges were held. But now, thanks to legislation approved by President Obama, the American Pokemon league has been established.

In the space of a week, gyms went up all over he nation, one in every state. And now, a month later, the brand new gym leaders have been tested and found worthy. So, on this day, January the fifth of the year 2011, anyone of any nation who believes they have what it takes to become the Champion of America, may challenge the league.

The rules are simple. Obtain any 25 badges from any state, and you will be eligible to challenge the elite team, and should they manage to defeat the best America has to offer, he or she will be named...

THE CHAMPION OF AMERICA!!!

Joshua Hewitt dropped the flyer on the ground after he read it through. He stood in the airport of Boston, about to board his flight back to Dublin. Flyers like the one he had just read were scattered all over the airport, hoping to attract as many trainers as they could.

Joshua looked at his plane ticket, and grinned, stepping out of line to board his plane. He pulled out his cell phone, and dialed his mother. "Hey, mum?" He said into the phone when she picked up. "Listen, I'm gonna be staying in America for a while longer, ok?" He said. "No, not with Dad. Listen, have you heard about the American Pokemon league?" He said, looking at the Pokeballs on his belt.

-----

Three hours later, and quite a bit of money spent, Joshua stepped off the airplane, into the New York City airport. His decision to begin his challenge in NYC wasn't his choice at all, it was the only flight going out today that would let him swap out his tickets on such short notice. All he had known was he couldn't stand to begin in Boston. With any luck, he wouldn't have to go back there for the entire challenge.

As he was walking out of the airport, he saw a kiosk in the street with a sign that read: 'Trainer ID cards here!' and the American Pokemon League logo. He walked over to it. Before he could say anything, a man inside the kiosk began typing rapidly on a computer. The man asked for his name, date of birth, and hometown, which Joshua gave while trying to get an answer out of him. Before he could get a question in though, the man handed him a credit card sized ID badge. "You're progress is saved on here." The clerk explained. "You'll need to swipe this to activate Pokemon center machines, and after any gym battle, weather you win or loose. Good luck." Joshua thanked him and started to walk away. The man stopped him. "Hey! That'll be 10$."

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • Chris was standing outside of his house in Galveston, about to head to the nearby airport in Houston. "Honey, remember to drop by and see your sister Liz when you reach Utah, okay?", His mom asked. "Mom, I told you I will a thousand times already. You know I will." "Okay. Well, can you call me when you arrive in New York?" "Once again, yes mom!" "Okay..." At that moment an airport shuttle pulled up in front of the house. "Bye, hon.", she said. "Wait! Don't go yet!" Chris turned and looked at his dad running out of his house towards him. "Dad, I thought we already said goodbye!" "We did, then I found this upgrade for your iPhone!", Chris' dad said as he pulled out he showed his son his own iPhone, with an application running called the iDex. "Its an application just released by Apple yesterday! Since it will most likely prove helpful to you,I think you should download it once you get to Houston!" "Okay...well, bye dad. Bye mom." "Bye son!", his two parents said as they waved at their leaving son.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There had been no more delays and Chris had arrived at the terminal with half an hour to spare. There he had downloaded the iDex and ate a late breakfast. After he boarded the plane he slept for the entire 4-hour flight and once he reached JFK airport quickly disembarked the plane. He then left the terminal and went down to the street level and let his two pokemon out to stretch.

(OOC: I'm going to slow down after this post)

Years
  • "Get out of the house now Angus!" was the first thing Angus heard when he woke up in the morning. The voice belonged to his mother.
    "But its a Sunday!" Angus argued.
    His mother shook her head. "You are 21 Years old! You should be out of the house by now! Your cousin Skippy left when he turned 13!" She then produced an iPhone from her pocket."Look at this video." she said as he accessed Youtube. The video showed a Japanese Pokemon League match between a boy commanding a Minun and his opponent with a Crobat. "The American government has started their own Pokemon League and my dream was for my boy to atleast give it a shot rather than staying home and being a couch potato! I already packed your bag and bought plane tickets to New York! Take Whopper and Doryuuzu with you as well!"
    "Fine mom." was the reply from her lazy son.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Hours later, Angus' plane from Miami arrived at the JFK airport. He looked at the Trainer Card he recieved from his mother and two Pokeballs that contain his Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2012
    "But Jermy!" Cried a little girl who coudln't be more than five, with long brown hair tied up in pig tails and a dress, up to the taller boy as he hefted up the carry on luggage as they stood in O'hare Airport. "Do you HAVE to go? It'll be no fun without you!"

"Yeah, I mean, who'll help me with my homework?" asked another girl, this one about 10 with brown hair tied up in a long pony tailm wearing a pair of jeans and a sweater.

"And do my chores for me?" Asked the final girl, this one much older, about 15, with glasses similar to that of the other girl, long brown hair that wasn't constained to anything, wearing a heavy jacket, seeing as the temperature was quite...well, cold.

Jeremy rolled his eyes a little bit and chuckled. "Thanks guys. But you know why I'm gonna do this. I'm gonna put us on the map! And maybe try to make things even easier around the house for us. Surely you guys can last without me for a couple of months?"

"NO!" shouted all three girls, but were quelled by their mother, who patted them all on the head.

"Now come on girls, thats not fair. Your brother is trying to help us, and you're trying to hold him back. That's not fair to him or to us, we should give him this chance."

"Thank god for Mothers." Jeremy mumbled. Monferno, standing on his shoulder, gave him a quick nod in agreement. His Sandild, Gurren, remained asleep at his feet.

"now come on, let's give him a proper send off this time around. Show him we'll be there for him."

All three girls looked around for a moment, as if wondering what to do, when all of a sudden all three leapt forward and hugged the boy tightly. Jeremy grunted as he almost lost his footing and causing Flare to be knocked from his perch, not to mention waking Gurren.

"Give em hell, Jeremy," Said the oldest as she stood aways. "And if you don't, me and Flaffy will!"

"Good luck Jermy!" Cried the little five year old, hugging her brothers lef one final time before she and the ten year old pulled away.

Giving them all a few more hugs and final goodbyes, he recalled Flare and Gurren and boarded the plane, ready for his next adventure.

Years
  • OOC: Unknown.... iDex?!?! You're a genius!!!!! :D Going on a Pokemon adventure? There's an app for that.

Making a decision, Joshua called out his Hitmontop and his Zangoose out for a while. The two of them looked at him questioningly, obviously wondering what they were doing out. "Well, first things first, my friends. We need to get some food in us!" The faces of his Pokemon brightened immediately.

Joshua decided to just grab some airport food from the three of them. He stepped to the nearest Mc'd's and ordered the three of them a few burgers. His Pokemon scarfed them down gladly; fast food was a treat for them.

"I guess the next step is to find out where this gym is and check it out, 'eh?" He said to himself. The only problem was, he had no idea where the gym for this place was. As he was walking out of the airport, he saw a person with a Prinplup and a Jolteon by his side. Figuring he must be another trainer, Joshua stepped over to him. "Hey, excuse me, by do ya know where the Gym is in this city?"

New2

<--- Your squishy doom.
    Years
  • A very sleepy Dylan awoke to the monotonous tone of his alarm. He had heard this noise all throughout his life, but this time it was different. He would be away from his alarm, his friends, Los Angeles, and the modest 3-room house he had lived in all of his life, with his Dad and sister. The red glowing numbers 3:51 AM, accompanied by a hollow and repetitive tone, suddenly came to his attention. I should really turn that off

After slamming the alarm clock and releasing Agirudaa, nicknamed Ninja, Dylan hastily dressed himself in dark jeans, a red T-shirt, and a black sweater. Dylan unzipped the sweater.

"Do you want to hop in?"

Ninja sped over and took his place casually within Dylan's jacket. Ninja fit snugly underneath Dylan's chin, and Dylan zipped the sweater just enough so that the Agirudaa's head came out. Dylan took the bulky athletic bag he had packed the night before and slung it over his left shoulder. He grabbed his Trainer Card, acquired the night before, and stuck it into his back jean pocket.

His dad was still snoring. Obviously the alarm clock hadn't woken him. Dylan's dad reminded Dylan of a Snorlax when he slept. He was quite excited about setting out. After all, he had turned fifteen yesterday. It was time for him to set out, right? Still, he felt reluctant about leaving Los Angeles. He knew he would miss it very much. His mind began to trail into excuses as to stay home. It is quite late at night... I could use the sleep... The streets are dangerous at this time of night/morning... I will miss my family and friends too much... He suddenly shut all the anxiety out of his mind, swept around the house to make sure he wasn't forgetting anything, then opened the door.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The taxi driver waiting to pick him up had been half-asleep the entire ride to LAX (Los Angeles International Airport), and it had been awfully hard for him to keep up with Dylan's energy level. He, instead, let Dylan drone on about how he was going to earn all 50 badges, adding the occasional "...mhm..." or "...yeah." The taxi driver was relieved when Dylan finally stepped out of the car. It was time for him to depart to Columbus, Ohio, or where ever he was going. The taxi driver didn't pay too much attention.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trevor sat down at Gate 34A and waited for the plane to arrive.

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
  • Cecily stared at the grave of her father and brother, she felt the remnants of the deep seated depression that had at one point kept her up for weeks on end as a dull throb now. She laid flowers in front of her their graves and walked across half the cemetery to her mothers grave, she laid down her mothers flowers and went to her motorcycle.

Cecily was at her house for one last time, mostly paid with money given to her by the government for her fathers "untimely death" as they put, she had called it murder, but she wasn't willing to argue the case anymore. The same money had also paid for her motorcycle, and other then a backpack and her two pokemon that was all that was coming with her. She had decided to rent out the house, and the family now living that would be living their in a short time was happy with the low rent. She gave it one last look and drove away, not at all sad to be leaving the place of so many memories, more sad then happy.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Kris Kollyns

"Remind me why i'm in New York City?" I gazed around, it was hell. It was dirty, filled with people who didn't happen to help the dirty comment, and just...dirty.

"Ugh! You and your OCD moments!" Came the voice through the iphone. "You're there for the pokemon league!"

"Well, I have no interest in staying here long. The only good thing about this place so far is the statue of liberty!" I looked up, I couldn't see anything but buildings and people. "And I can't even see that!"

"Oh well! Was it not like this in Japan?" Asked the voice on the other end.

"You know very well what it was like in Japan. Besides, the rules to this league are completely screwed up! I mean, three pokemon?!" I complained.

"You'll get used to it. Just remember to send me postcards, maybe a gift or two! Especially when you get to Hollywood! I'm seriously thinking of participating myself!"

"That boat has sailed, Krystal." I said, "Guess i'll talk to you later." I hung up and put the phone in my pocket. I started walking until I saw a McDonald's. As I looked at it, a fat guy with a fat Chabou walked out. Disgusting. I had no interest in McDonald's, or at least very little. Except for their smoothies, those were good and not so...fattening. There were about eighty-three McDonald's in this city, or was that just Manhattan? Well, whatever the case, I tried to avoid McDonald's ever since I saw Supersize Me. Health class can do wonders...for your health.

I fiddled with my I.D card as I walked. It was a way to pass the time and try to not think about all of the people. I could be paranoid sometimes. Sometimes in school I have to look around to make sure I still see kids in my grade, so that I knew I hadn't time traveled somehow. I knew it couldn't happen but I just had to make sure.

"So the gym type here is...Psychic, right?" I said to myself quietly. The map on the flyers was completely horrible. You couldn't tell what went where and it didn't even list the right cities for the most part. Some states were even blank. "Guess it's time to find it and get out of here..."

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • "Ummm..." Chris took out a brochure from his pocket and read off,"Located at Rockefeller Plaza. You can't miss us! I guess that answers your question." He the fumbled with his trainer card (which was inside the brochure, which he recieved in the mail about a month ago) and then said," Your taking on the league as well? I wish you luck. I heard its so hard it makes those Japanese trainers tremble, but knowing how I heard it, its most likely untrue. And-huh?" He felt his Prinplup tug at his shirt. He looked at it and it pointed at a taxi a few people were getting into. "Prinplup, I know we need a taxi but can't you wait! Gah!"

Cookiez

The Shining Light
    Years
  • A very sleepy Dylan awoke to the monotonous tone of his alarm. He had heard this noise all throughout his life, but this time it was different. He would be away from his alarm, his friends, Los Angeles, and the modest 3-room house he had lived in all of his life, with his Dad and sister. The red glowing numbers 3:51 AM, accompanied by a hollow and repetitive tone, suddenly came to his attention. I should really turn that off

After slamming the alarm clock and releasing Agirudaa, nicknamed Ninja, Dylan hastily dressed himself in dark jeans, a red T-shirt, and a black sweater. Dylan unzipped the sweater.

"Do you want to hop in?"

Ninja sped over and took his place casually within Dylan's jacket. Ninja fit snugly underneath Dylan's chin, and Dylan zipped the sweater just enough so that the Agirudaa's head came out. Dylan took the bulky athletic bag he had packed the night before and slung it over his left shoulder. He grabbed his Trainer Card, acquired the night before, and stuck it into his back jean pocket.

His dad was still snoring. Obviously the alarm clock hadn't woken him. Dylan's dad reminded Dylan of a Snorlax when he slept. He was quite excited about setting out. After all, he had turned fifteen yesterday. It was time for him to set out, right? Still, he felt reluctant about leaving Los Angeles. He knew he would miss it very much. His mind began to trail into excuses as to stay home. It is quite late at night... I could use the sleep... The streets are dangerous at this time of night/morning... I will miss my family and friends too much... He suddenly shut all the anxiety out of his mind, swept around the house to make sure he wasn't forgetting anything, then opened the door.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The taxi driver waiting to pick him up had been half-asleep the entire ride to LAX (Los Angeles International Airport), and it had been awfully hard for him to keep up with Dylan's energy level. He, instead, let Dylan drone on about how he was going to earn all 50 badges, adding the occasional "...mhm..." or "...yeah." The taxi driver was relieved when Dylan finally stepped out of the car. It was time for him to depart to Columbus, Ohio, or where ever he was going. The taxi driver didn't pay too much attention.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trevor sat down at Gate 34A and waited for the plane to arrive.

You stole my name!! lol...

Dylan stepped off the plane in new york to find a huge crowd of people in the airport
    " It's more packed than i thought..." Dylan Mumbled to himself
    Who would have thought a boy from Iowa would be here...
    Dylan found a place by a gift shop where it wasen't too crowded...
    He let out his Zangoose out from his pokeball
    It's too crowded to bring out Gengar... he would cause too much trouble...
    With Zangoose at his side and Pokabu/Tepig on his shoulder
    He took his first steps in New York...

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
  • Cecily stretched as she got off her motorcycle, it had been a long drive from Maryland but here she finally was, New York. She knew she could have taken a train in half the time and a plane in well under a quarter but she wanted the time to organize her thoughts.

She looked at the little pamphlet, last piece of mail she had gotten before she ditched the house, something to keep her focused, maybe something she would even be good at. New York made sense since she had a pokemon with a huge type advantage against New York's gym. She looked towards the city, crowded with people, a different kind of crowded from D.C. She took a quick look at a bus map to figure out where she was and started up the motorcycle for a short drive to Rockefeller Plaza.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2012
    "whoa..." Jeremy said as he walked past security and looked about the massive airport. Now that he could let out his Pokemon, he did. Flare took this time to take his rightful place on Jeremy's shoulder, and Gurren remained at his feet. As they looked at the massive crowd of people, all three gulped. "This is gonna be a tight fit, you guys know that..."

So, fighting throght the group, he grabbed a brouchure and made sure both Gurren and Flare were still there. "Rockafeller Plaza, hm?" He asked. "And Psychics...a good start as any." he shrugged his shoulders. "Come on guys, let's go make history>"

Years
  • (Man, I did a bad job on the map. NY was supposed to be Dragon... D: too late now lol psychic it is.
    Also, New2 and Cookiez, you never posted an application in the OOC thread, and I'm not accepting anyone else. You should really get permission to post before you join peoples RP's.)

Joshua blinked. "Dang. I should've looked for one of those instead of just jumping in." He said. "Honestly, I've never even been to Japan or anything. I'm just gonna give it my best shot and see how it tuns out." His Zangoose watched the guy and his Prinplup with an odd look. Joshua frowned at it's expression. "Anyways... so what's your name? Why don't we hit the gym together?" He figured having someone else with him during the battle couldn't be a bad thing.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • "My name is Chris. I guess that'd be a good idea. By the way, would you be interested in going to the Safari Zone after the gym? It's located in Central Park and though small I heard has some real exotic Pokemon! I even heard it has an albino Cyndaquil roaming around it, but then again that was from another unreliable source. But yeah, the gym. Defiantly.", Chris said as he turned and signalled for a taxi.

(OOC: I guessed that instead of Zoos there'd be Safari Zones)

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
  • Rebecca yawned and stretched her arms as she lazily slipped out of bed. It had only been a couple of days since she arrived in New York, but she had already gotten used to living with her friend, Emma. Her apartment was pretty nice for it's size. She hadn't, however, gotten used to the time change. She ended up sleeping in longer than she wanted to.

She absent-mindedly turned on the television, which was on the local news. She wasn't really paying attention at all, she just wanted some noise in the background while she made herself breakfast. Partway into eating a piece of toast, she heard something that perked her interest. Pokémon League. She refocused onto the TV.

"Well, as you all probably know, USA's official Pokémon League has begun just recently, and people from all over are traveling to the Gyms." The news reporter seemed pretty excited. "A popular one already is our very own Gym here in Manhattan. It's no surprise, New York City being as large and diverse as it is, and JFK being a huge international hub."

"An American Pokémon League, huh?" She said to herself in amusement. She was busy with the move, so she hadn't been keeping up with the news. "And a Gym in Manhattan? Sounds like me lucky day." She grinned. Rebecca had been planning on seeing the sights today anyway. She would just have to go and check out the Gym, too.

---

She had left a note for Emma on the door, since she had been out at work since 8:00. Walking out of the apartment into the crisp winter morning felt very refreshing. She glanced at the map, adjusting it every so often, trying to figure out where she was going. "Okay, so the subway is there. And I take the G train towards Manhattan, transfer onto the E..." She was unfamiliar with the Metro, but she was pretty good at figuring out directions, if she had the address.

As she neared the station, she noticed a nice looking kiosk, with the logo of the American League on it. "Hey, this for the League or something?" She asked, curious.

"Yes, you can register and get a Trainer ID card here, as well as more information." The clerk said in a cheerful tone, probably because she had a new job, Rebecca suspected. "Would you like to sign up?"

"Of course." She grinned, and was promptly handed a form for her to fill out. After jotting down all of her information, the woman behind the counter began to type it all into the computer. After a minute or so, she handed Rebecca her Trainer ID. It was a nice looking card, with her name and even her picture on it, as well. Though suspicious as to why they had a picture of her, on closer inspection, she noticed a camera cleverly hidden near the back of the kiosk. Sneaky.

After paying for her card, and a booklet detailing information about the League, she got on the subway and began to head towards Rockefeller Center, where she discovered was the location of the Gym, after skimming through the booklet. She put her hands in her pockets, where she could feel the two Poké Balls. "Just wait, you guys. We'll get our very own badge in no time." She said in her thoughts.

[OOC: Yay, intro post! c:]

Years
  • (OOC: dang Unknown! you have awesome ideas. also sorry for being gone for what feel like FOREVER. D: and great intro psycho! :D)

Joshua grinned, stepping into the taxi that pulled over. "That sounds great!" He said, calling his Pokemon into their balls. "I can't say I've ever heard of an albino Pokemon... it must be somethin' else." Once in the cab, he told the driver to head toward the gym. "Anyways, got any ideas for the Gym fight? I mean, I guess I feel like I have an ace, so what's you're strategy?" He said, thumbing the Pokeball that held his Shedinja.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • "Well, the leader of NYC has Dragon types so I think I'll try to mostly dodge the attacks until I think its starting to get weaker, then attack.", Chris said as he recalled his pokemon and stepped into the cab. "Where to, kid?" "The Gym of Manhattan, the location is at the Rockefeller Plaza, by the ice rink." "That'll be fourty bucks." "Dang you people are expensive!", Chris said as he handed the money to the taxi driver. The taxi pulled out from the airport and started going. Chris then turned to Joshua and asked,"Do you know where the Pokemon Center is? I need to get something from there later."

Last edited:
    Years
  • After getting off the bus, Angus decides its the right time to let his Pokemon out of their Pokeballs. After let out, Whopper makes an enormous yawn while Doryuuzu stood silent.
    "Here is the plan." Started Angus. "Since the gym is Dragon, we will fight power with power!" In reponse, Whopper claps his hands while Doryuuzu continues to stay silent.

Back