• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Church in Hearthome..

splosh

Russian Reversaler
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2016
    When i hatched my Togepi egg in there, the place of hatching was called 'Foreign Building'.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2009
    Oops! I din't mean for it to sound that way. I meant Hyper-Christians.
    I have to agree. Some Christians are too satan-happy. They like to say that anything they don't like is of the devil.

That being said, I, a Christian, think that the Pokemon games are harmless entertainment. But if people suddenly start building temples to Arceus and raising golden statues of Palkia and Dialga... well, then we have a problem.

...If Gen III had a church, would it be Rustboro Baptist church?

Beckie

Thunder!
    Years
    Well, it's not like ALL the people and houses in the game is necessary, so I guess it's just a cute little detail they decided to put there. :]

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Hey hey, the church may not have immediate meaning in the game (i.e. THIS PLACE GIVES YOU 20 POINTS IF YOU ENTER AND PEOPLE WILL GIVE YOU STUFF), but not everything in a game has to. The Pokemon games portray a very beautiful world if you stop to look- the dialogue is well written, and the people you meet are always interesting (even those generic NPCs who don't give you any items.).

The church is simply there to further immerse a player in the world, to portray the philosophies that govern it- peace, unity, love, life, equality, harmony, etc. I thought it was a great place, and I'm glad it was put in.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Arceus = a God

so he must have a church simple as that

Nowhere does the game state that Arceus is God/a god/divine/deity.

And a church is a place for Christians to worship. So even if it were divine, it wouldn't be in a church at all.

Also, it isn't a church.

Zackraa

Nom Nom Nom
    Years
    In a void of nothingness, a single egg comes into being, which then hatches into Arceus, the first Pokémon to be in existence. Arceus creates Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina and gives Dialga and Palkia the abilities to control time and space. Giratina, for its violent behavior, is banished to another dimension. Then, during very early formation of the world, Arceus creates Azelf, Uxie, and Mesprit to create willpower, knowledge, and emotion respectively, things that are in all modern humans and Pokémon. They dive to the bottom of present-day Lake Valor, Lake Acuity, and Lake Verity, dubbing the term "the lake trio".

also nowhere in the game does it mention christianity exists in the pokemon world (by the way there are other religions and yes they too have churches it is not just christians that have churches)

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    also nowhere in the game does it mention christianity exists in the pokemon world (by the way there are other religions and yes they too have churches it is not just christians that have churches)

Good point! I was going to bring that up but u got to it first.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I always thought of the structure signifying Hearthome's diversity and wide range of culture. Is it wrong to come to that conclusion? I see no harm in that.

I don't care if it doesn't provide us with something; its presence is soothing, in a way, I guess.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    To me a pictured it as a place of calm serenity, never did I think of it only as for Christians, as said before there are other religions that have Churches too.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    That is true f l a s h, it could also be a church for everyone's religion. Religions that are at different times during the day. I believe the church is there for show and nothing really important. :)

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
    I just think it is a cool place. I usually save my game there, but I have no clue why. I just do.

Probably because I am a very religious person. I'm not a Christian, I just believe that all religions have a common truth among them, along with science.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    I always thought of the structure signifying Hearthome's diversity and wide range of culture. Is it wrong to come to that conclusion? I see no harm in that.

You don't even have to come to that conclusion. You basically just cited what's in the game. It's in Hearthome's Town Map.

also nowhere in the game does it mention christianity exists in the pokemon world

It doesn't actually mention ANY religion, fictional or real-world.

Also, what you posted is just one of the myths surrounding Sinnoh. Myths are not necessarily true (even in fiction, they rarely are). The point of a myth is to tell a story, not to report historical, factual events.

(by the way there are other religions and yes they too have churches it is not just christians that have churches)

No, really, church is a very Christian term. American slang seems to have made "church" into a catch-all term for ANY religious structure, but that's simply a misuse of the word. Church=Christian. Judaism has synagogues. Islam has mosques. Hinduism has temples (or mandir). Christianity has churches.

Read more here

Crasy

Smashing.
    Years
    It's just a building with a pretty windows and no repetitive music. We do not know what it is exactly. So, you can't really say it's a church.

...yeah, could've worded that better. >_>

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Do any people in the church at least give you any items?

No, hats why so many claim its purposeless. I fully expected someone to give me an item too but, no...

Back