• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Clan - Organization Thread v.2

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    So, do you think I can get an entry battle? You could just ask Richard, he's battled me plenty of times. I just battled him last night, after I left the thread.

celestial_okami

~Druck der Farben~
    Years
    I would like to announce that Richard Steel is now a returning leader! As such we can now more regularly add new clan members.

For applicants. Here is a list of some examples of things they will be considering when you apply. Again, what they look for will vary since returning leaders will likely be looking for a more classical 'battle me and lets see' approach wheras I might like the newfangled quizzes idea.

Displays knowledge of Pokemon and access to Pokemon related information
    Positives
    - The presence of Egg / TM moves
    - Reacts to pokemon in an informed manner (Ex. – Reacts to Blissey as a special wall.)
    - Reacts to battle-specific scenario with informed action (Ex. – Switching in a non-levitating Poison type to absorb Toxic Spikes)
    - Knows what EVs and IVs are.
    - Knows how nature affects pokemon statistics.
    Negatives
    - The presence of moves with clear superior alternatives (such as the use of Mega Punch over Return).
    - 'Testing' for super effective moves (e.g. using repeated physical or special moves but varying elements in order to find weaknesses. Ex – Surf, then Ice Beam, then Grass Knot, but not Surf then Ice Punch.)
    - Does not seem to understand the obvious effects of a move used (ex. Attacking a pokemon which repeatedly uses Calm Mind with special effects, but expresses confusion as the change in damage dealt)

Reasoning
    Positives
    - Shows correct or intelligent attempted prediction. (Ex. – Applicant's Magnezone uses Surf, predicting that Tester switches in the Dugtrio he used earlier in the battle, but Tester predicts this and switched in Roselia with HP Fire instead.)
    - Builds a balanced team (
    - Shows adequate consideration of the strengths and weaknesses of a team (Ex – Carrying Thunderbolt to deal with Water weakness on a Sandstorm team.)
    Negatives
    - Using NFE's with no justifiable reason (Ex. - Building an 'Ash' themed team with Bulbasaur instead of Venusaur. Two obvious examples of justified NFE's are Scyther and Pikachu.)
    - Sending in a Pokemon who is slower than the one currently in and has an element / attack type weakness to a recently used move by the Pokemon already in play (Ex – Sending in Donphan against a full health Starmie who used Ice Beam the previous turn). Special cases excluded (Focus Sash - Reversal, Focus Sash – Explosion, etc).
    - The presence of multiple moves with overlapping elements but without significant justifiable differences (Ex. – Thunderbolt and Shockwave on Electrode.)

Battle Etiquette
    Negatives
    - Blatantly fails to observe battle clauses (Ex. – Breaking legendary clause)
    - Posts insults or offensive remarks after losing.
    - Makes accusations of cheating without reasonable justification for the belief, such as ignorance of your Pokemon's ability or held item.
    - Disconnects on purpose (Difficult to determine, I understand. Our leaders will use their best judgement.)

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    Toki, DOESN'T CHANGE TO FACT!! =D If you can beat me in a battle, then I'll say you are the master. I was the second member so HAH SIMS!

Yeah sims..we both totally own you. <_<

I want to know who started back up the KFC thing. Right now, so i can verbally abuse them. I started that up a while back, and now someone's taking my creativity. KFC is my place..tch, I bet whoever it was doesn't even know the price of an 8 piece, extra crispy bucket and two sides and 4 biscuits costs. Pfft, posers <_<

xD I'll battle you sometime. It won't reallt mean anything because I'm still Right behind NoS is sex appeal. Oh..and the 2nd member to join <_<

Whatever happened to Auraoa? ;_;

celestial_okami

~Druck der Farben~
    Years
    Thanks for expressing interest in the clan Shiraishi! I won't be available for testing until Friday or Saturday at the soonest. However, if you can talk to Richard Steel before then, he has leader status and can also test and admit you to the clan. Just send him a PM or post in his battle thread asking to be tested for admission to the clan.

If you still want to go with me, please tell me when you will be available on those two days and what kind of test you would prefer so I can prepare accordingly (please see the application section above).

Ooka

Years
    So do you become a Leader or assistant by constantly winning and showing appreciation for your current position. Sorry if you posted this in your rules, I honestly haven't had the time to read all of them.

celestial_okami

~Druck der Farben~
    Years
    Its fine, although saying you don't have the time to read the rules is a little bit disappointing. The qualifications for becoming a leader or an assistant aren't in the front page anyway (and I know is a huge block of text but it auto-merged my posts).

A person is fit to be a leader if they show excellent use of pokemon knowledge, metagame understanding, strategy and prediction, balanced team building, and sportsmanship. A person if fit to be an assistant if they satisfy some of these qualities or all of them but to a lesser extent (although all clan members are expected to be show good sportsmanship).

While I kind of took over the position of Clan Leader from Nightofshadow, due to my availability issues and my doubt in my own skill I would probably put myself down as more of an Assistant (can't fulfill the duties of a normal leader very often). I have been told by Nightofshadow and others that I am a fairly intelligent battler though, so I will trust in their assessments.

If are interested in becoming a leader or assistant I would probably need to test you myself. Just winning isn't enough because who you fight is a big part of it, and even the best players lose too. In the future when we have more members and leaders there might be some sort of sponsorship system where a number of other leaders vouch for you.

Ooka

Years
    I meant I don't have the time right now, in my gigantic family, I get 1 hour on the computer, then they get on, then I can get back on. Oh, and I would gladly let you test me, my skill have improved drastically over the long amount of time I've been here. I've still only beaten Richard twice, and maybe only because of hax, but I still like to think of him as here:

------------------------------

and me here:

--------------------------

So whenever you get the time, or your wi-fi working, or whatever the problem was, I'll gladly battle you.

Nightofshadow

Just isn't good enough yet....
    Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2016
    Dont worry i ~am~ the leader of the clan. Ill be around more hopefully. Pretty busy =P

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Hai NoS =D

Once you somehow get another DS, I'll be looking forward to having a rematch with you, that is.. IF you get another DS =(

Aaaaanywayys, since I'm not busy at the moment, any battles?

celestial_okami

~Druck der Farben~
    Years
    Eh... you don't have the power to add people to the clan yet Name. You are an Assistant like you used to be (I trust in the previous leaders' judgement), but you aren't a leader yourself. I haven't tested you yet. If you have battled Shiraishi before then you can certainly give me your opinion as an Assistant, and that will contribute significantly to my consideration of Shiraishi.

Sorry Shiraishi, you will have to wait a little bit longer.

I will probably be free tomorrow and Sunday for testing, I am not free today.

Ooka

Years
    Well, new leader, new rules so I guess we just have to deal. Plus, I don't really mind the idea of being tested, it seperates the men from the boys.

celestial_okami

~Druck der Farben~
    Years
    Ok let me explain - The founder / top leader can just let you join. Thats just up to them, its their clan.

I am kind of holding that position at this point, but I don't really believe in that. I don't want some 12 year old who comes straight out of the storyline and has no clue what EVs, IVs, or Nature does, doesn't understand the physical / special split of most pokemon, uses moves like Strength and Razor Leaf when clearly better alternatives always exist, and so forth representing the clan (my apologies to all the offended 12 years old out there who are able to understand all these things and battle with maturity). While we can certainly battle these people and point them in the right direction, that isn't the purpose of the clan.

I'm also not about to disrespect previous leader's decisions and kick people out of the clan just because they weren't tested. I just choose not to allow such a method of entry into the clan myself.

Fuyuko the Rampant

Tales of the Abyss Fan ^^;
    Years
    I was tested,and was beaten soundfully.Yet I was allowed in.Also it should be adults from the children.=PAlso,I wouldn't take it too offensively,when I was twelve,which was a few months ago.o_o;I didn't know anything about EV's,IV's,Natures and the physical,special split.XD

Ooka

Years
    Sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone..... It seperates the Adults from the Children.

Back