• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
    Ugh, i had to sing happy birthday in friend.. or whens your birthday
    "Cele la dat don ton anniverese" or something like that xD
    haha you must mean: "Joyeux Anniversaire" but it's pretty close to "Cele la dat don ton anniverese " lol I hope you didn't sing it like that XD

EDIT: or wat is: C'est la date de ton anniversaire? hehe that's more likely it... but who wants that said on their birthday? XP

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Actually, for "Happy Birthday," we would more commonly say "Bonne fête!" xD

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    Same here x] I was never much into TCG, except for Yuugiou... D:

Dude...I still *mindlessly* collect pokemon cards. Ironically, I've never actually learned to play the game their involved in, and I'm not some like, hardcore competative luzr with them, but like..remember 8 years ago when they were just sooo cool? Yeah, I um..I never grew out of that phase <_<

Since last July I've probably spent around $250 just on..pokemon cards. They're not something I run out, just to pick up, but if I'm at the store, and I see them, I'll just be like "huh, pokemon cards..." and end up spending ridiculous amount of money on them, without even realizing it ._.

Because I mean, there's nothing cooler than little cardboard pieces on paper with little fictional monsters on them >_>

I still like the games, and you can sometimes see me post in the D/P, but I like to..avoid doing that as much as possible '<<

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Haha, I use both of them to wish someone a Happy Birthday XD

On the birthday discussion I just do the song, I usually say Happy birthday in english, I don't think I've ever said Happy Birthday in french befor, I dont know why ether... xD
    Mayb I should start wishing happy B-day in other languages, that'd be unique xD

on other:
    I used to be into the trading card phase, got out of it though...

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I've been speaking French since I was nine. It's weird, come to think of it. >_>

@Warheart: You spend that much on cards? XD

Twinx

Years
    I never got into the trading cards, I see them around the stores, but none are my friends are interested in this stuff, so naa.

Do y'all remember the TCG game for the gameboy? Now that was one cool game XD

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I never got into the trading cards, I see them around the stores, but none are my friends are interested in this stuff, so naa.

Do y'all remember the TCG game for the gameboy? Now that was one cool game XD

Never played it - heard it was good though.

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    @Warheart: You spend that much on cards? XD

..Actually no, that was a bit of an exaggeration, it's probably something like half of that..But still, I used that number to emphasize the fact that by being 15, and buying pokemon cards avidly..I need to get a life xD

AND I TOTALLY REMEMBER THAT o_O

...It sucked T_T

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I loved that Gameboy game. It got so much playtime from me. It was easier and more convenient than the actual game, which I was never very good at. XD;

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I loved that Gameboy game. It got so much playtime from me. It was easier and more convenient than the actual game, which I was never very good at. XD;

Oh heck yeah! I absolutely loved that game too! It was great, didnt have to spend for cards, and had all the enjoyment of the game.

I had awesome water decks, great times...

Cherrim

Years
    Yeah, the cards were expensive so I didn't buy them very often. I still don't bother. @_@; But the game was so fun. XD;

Twinx

Years
    I'm guessing it didn't sell very well, otherwise they would have made a sequel.. :(

I remember there was some kind of machine that creates decks for you. It was in the professor(?)'s lab I think.

Cherrim

Years
    Yeah, if you beat all the gym leaders or something, their deck machines would open up and as long as you had the cards, you could make all sorts of decks. XD;

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I'm guessing it didn't sell very well, otherwise they would have made a sequel.. :(

I remember there was some kind of machine that creates decks for you. It was in the professor(?)'s lab I think.

I dont know how it sold, as I was pretty young when I played it. Though, the only real memories I have of the game was beating the elite, and taking on the various types gyms, gosh those we're fun, Im glad we brought this up, good memories...

I just remember having a complete blast playing that game, it was so fun. :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Which TCG are we talking about? o_O

On a side note, my domain's finally up... now I can finally get my blog working >_>

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Which TCG are we talking about? o_O

On a side note, my domain's finally up... now I can finally get my blog working >_>
    We're taking about the TCG gameboy color game...with the types and well cards. :P

So who else played that game, I know lightning played it, who else?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back