• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    Speaking of that, Yu-Gi/Oh gameboy games really let me down.

Yugioh phailz T_T

Dude, the show always confused the hell out of me, and the card-game was just...too damn complicated. Like, I knew how to play, but there was always just being new crap constantly thrown in, as well as the fact that I would always lose in the most ridiculous of all ways.

Me: "Okay, I win. My monster knocked yours out"

Opponent: NAH-UH!! I HAD THE *insert random name of little significance* TRAP IN PLAY!!! THAT MEANS YOU LOSE BECAUSE THE CARD SAYS YOU DO"

..i always felt like I wanted to punch someone in their mouth after finishing a game T_T

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    And with that comment, Warheart lost all respect Oni Raichu might've had for him.

And no, I didn't play the TCG game.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Ooh, Scarlet. 8D URL? Skipped out on the domain conversation earlier since I had to go to work. T_T; But I love domains too. I've had a bunch so far, and usually let some of them expire, but I've got... 4 right now? I think? XD;

I hated the YGO gameboy games. Mind you, I only bought Dark Duel Stories but it sucked so much I didn't bother spending money on any others. :\ I know they fixed the system by the GBA games or something, but I still just couldn't bring myself to get them. 8(

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    The main URL's a forum, and since I don't wanna get in trouble, I'll give you the blog URL, once I get Wordpress up and running :3 It's a subdomain of the main URL XD

Cherrim

Years
    Okay, I can wait. XD

I've tried using Wordpress before but I always end up using just LJ again. @_@; I swear LJ killed any ability of mine to pay attention to another type of blog.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Okay, I can wait. XD

I've tried using Wordpress before but I always end up using just LJ again. @_@; I swear LJ killed any ability of mine to pay attention to another type of blog.

It's almost up. :]
    I had to use a premade layout for WP, until I learn how to code my own. I feel so bad for using premades because I can make my own layouts, I just can't code 'em with WP D:

Anywayz (Hopelessly lost in topic =D), I love your sig Scarlet. Paramore is my favorite female singer =]

Loveeeeee Paramore =DD Hayley Williams is gorgeous~

Cherrim

Years
    I used the pre-mades for WP too. D8 I didn't want to try my hand at learning their system so I just didn't bother. Good thing too since I used my WP blog for a good week or so before ignoring it. XD;

I also really like your sig. I love your style of graphics. :D

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Dude...I still *mindlessly* collect pokemon cards. Ironically, I've never actually learned to play the game their involved in, and I'm not some like, hardcore competative luzr with them, but like..remember 8 years ago when they were just sooo cool? Yeah, I um..I never grew out of that phase <_<

Since last July I've probably spent around $250 just on..pokemon cards. They're not something I run out, just to pick up, but if I'm at the store, and I see them, I'll just be like "huh, pokemon cards..." and end up spending ridiculous amount of money on them, without even realizing it ._.

Because I mean, there's nothing cooler than little cardboard pieces on paper with little fictional monsters on them >_>

I still like the games, and you can sometimes see me post in the D/P, but I like to..avoid doing that as much as possible '<<
    Really, who can blame you? If I weren't so hesitant to spend money like that, I'd buy the cards too. The card art has really improved over the years, and I'd collect them just to look at.

That said, I still have all my original cards from when they first came out. Seeing as they cost me more than a hundred dollars all up, I ain't chucking them out any time soon :P
    I loved that Gameboy game. It got so much playtime from me. It was easier and more convenient than the actual game, which I was never very good at. XD;
    hehe, it was how I learnt the card game - prior to that I never played the game how you were supposed to. Me and my cousin chose our 6 strongest cards, and pit them against each other, with whomever had the higher level card in play going first (coin toss if they were the same).

Eventually I got rid of the damage counters by turning them into a coaster of sorts XD;;
    Speaking of that, Yu-Gi/Oh gameboy games really let me down.
    YEAH! I WANTED TO SEE MONSTERS POP OUT OF THE CARDS!! >O

Though the game I had was quite addictive, I played for hours on end. My cousin laughed at the idea though - playing card games on a console :P Is it really that much different to solitaire or freecell on the computer? XD

LJ rocks :<

Years
    Though the game I had was quite addictive, I played for hours on end. My cousin laughed at the idea though - playing card games on a console :P Is it really that much different to solitaire or freecell on the computer? XD

Its pretty different to me. Solitare and freecell are easy to understand, but Yu-Gi-Oh and pokemon had a format and rules that took a while to get use to. i could play solitare in cards at 2 =]

Its just like pokemon TCG on the GBC =]

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I used the pre-mades for WP too. D8 I didn't want to try my hand at learning their system so I just didn't bother. Good thing too since I used my WP blog for a good week or so before ignoring it. XD;

I also really like your sig. I love your style of graphics. :D

Thank you :)

And the site's kind of up, if you want to see it: https://www.cool-losers.net/ae

I have LJ, too, but I haven't touched it in a while. I feel like using it again, though :3

Years
    cool losers is the place for....hmmm....idk...maybe.....COOL LOSERS!

We all love cool losers because they're cool and are losers so its kinda like your a normal kid =]

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Precisely why I chose it XDDD It's the name of my upcoming forum :3
    It's like... we're at the forum 'cause we're losers, but we're cool, so s'all good XD

Cherrim

Years
    Sadly, that sounds like the perfect description of most groups of friends I'm in. XD I know I call myself cool and a total loser in the same sentence all the time, after all. \o/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back