• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    With a show as constant as this, it's expected that the animation won't be awesome all the time. Gotta wonder though, what's made the series different? I check in every now and then and it still seems like the same old song.
    hehe, well I know that they've introduced more villains to the fold on top of the standard Team Rocket Duo + Meowth, and apparently they're more sinister as well.

That said, my impression is derived from this article here.

I'd swear it seemed a whole lot more impressive the first time I read it XD

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    hehe, well I know that they've introduced more villains to the fold on top of the standard Team Rocket Duo + Meowth, and apparently they're more sinister as well.

That said, my impression is derived from this article here.

I'd swear it seemed a whole lot more impressive the first time I read it XD

Read that a while back, which is why I tried giving it another watch, but like I said, more of the same. Maybe it's just recent episodes in Japan? XD

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    That seemed like the practical thing to do, but nah, Adult Swim is gonna wait a few weeks before they air it, and it's going to be airing at 1:30am, which I think is way too late....but it's more or less the same time that Geass aired when it was still in Japan.
    The American and Japanese demographics are too dissimilar for this move to work out well. Adult Swim might as well not have acquired the series to begin with.

A Better Adult Swim Saturday Night Schedule

2300 - Bleach
    2330 - Death Note
    0000 - Blood+, to be replaced with Code Geass once it finishes
    0030 - [insert anime here]
    0100 - [insert anime here]
    0130 - [insert anime here]

Spaekle Oddberry

this is why i'm hot
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    Ha, that's interesting, because I just started watching Code Geass with subtitles. :D

I know they've improved a lot of things with the D/P series, but I still can't bring myself to actually watch it for some reason. I keep updated on it, but I don't find it interesting enough to sit and watch. :\

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    O:!

Jorfe! :D Long time no see!
    Anywho, the only non-anime Adult Swim shows that I do like are Harvey Birdman and Robot Chicken. Everything else just seems stupid to me. They've said before that their anime rating haven't been doing so good though.

Robot Chicken is absolutely amazing..My favorite scene from that show of all-time is by far the one with "Senor Clean." OH! And that skit where the giant-ass meteor is about hit earth, and they deploy Harrison Ford to blow it up..with Stephen Tyler, so they could have a kick-ass themesong. 8D

Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Metalocaylpse, and Robot Chicken are the only shows on adult swim that I ever really followed. I tried watching Bleach a few weeks ago, but it didn't really..do anything for me. It seemed too complicated to follow, and I couldn't actually understand wtf was going on at all..so i changed it, and started watching Pulp Fiction instead :D

That could probably be based off the fact that I just kinda jumped in on the middle of the series, but meh..whatever <_<

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    The American and Japanese demographics are too dissimilar for this move to work out well. Adult Swim might as well not have acquired the series to begin with.

A Better Adult Swim Saturday Night Schedule

2300 - Bleach
    2330 - Death Note
    0000 - Blood+, to be replaced with Code Geass once it finishes
    0030 - [insert anime here]
    0100 - [insert anime here]
    0130 - [insert anime here]
    Yeah, like I said, Adult Swim just doesn't care anymore, they're not even bothering to renew some of their older anime. I like that schedule, but I'd probably do this:

2300 - Bleach
    2330 - Death Note
    0000 - Code Geass (this way it can air more unedited)
    0030 - Detective Conan
    0100 - Cowboy Beebop (reruns)
    0130 - Inuyasha / Fullmetal Alchemist / other anime reruns

Robot Chicken is absolutely amazing..My favorite scene from that show of all-time is by far the one with "Senor Clean." OH! And that skit where the giant-ass meteor is about hit earth, and they deploy Harrison Ford to blow it up..with Stephen Tyler, so they could have a kick-ass themesong. 8D

Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Metalocaylpse, and Robot Chicken are the only shows on adult swim that I ever really followed. I tried watching Bleach a few weeks ago, but it didn't really..do anything for me. It seemed too complicated to follow, and I couldn't actually understand wtf was going on at all..so i changed it, and started watching Pulp Fiction instead :D

That could probably be based off the fact that I just kinda jumped in on the middle of the series, but meh..whatever <_<
    While Pulp Fiction is indeed an awesome movie, you should try watching BLEACH again! Start from the first episode if you can, it does get pretty laggy at times, but it's a pretty engaging show.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    2300 - Bleach
    2330 - Death Note
    0030 - Yu Yu Hakusho (reruns)
    0130 - Neon Genesis Evangelion (NE- reruns)

That'd be my optimal schedule. (If only NGE was subbed XD I can't stand the English VA's, but I do love the show.)

Besides Saturday night, my early morning schedule matters to me too! I'm getting really irritated with Astro Boy at 5:30. There's only enough Astroboy...>.>

Spaekle Oddberry

this is why i'm hot
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    Yu Yu Hakusho

Yes. I hated it when they had new episodes of YYH on at like five in the morning that one time. I'd like to see it back on and not edited the crap out of like it was on Toonami. D:

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Does Shinji count as a villain?:/
    Depends on which Shinji you're talking about. If you're talking about Shinji Ikari (Neon Genesis Evangelion), Shinji Kazuya (Full Metal Panic!), or Shinji Hirako (Bleach), then obviously not. If you're talking about Shinji Mato (Fate/stay night), on the other hand, then he definitely counts.

Yeah, like I said, Adult Swim just doesn't care anymore, they're not even bothering to renew some of their older anime. I like that schedule, but I'd probably do this:

2300 - Bleach
    2330 - Death Note
    0030 - Detective Conan
    0130 - Inuyasha / Fullmetal Alchemist / other anime reruns
    Didn't Adult Swim's rights to Detective Conan lapse a long time ago?

I'd probably stick Big O, Paranoia Agent, and/or Trinity Blood somewhere in there with Cowboy Bebop. Too bad the rights to Eureka Seven, Lupin III, Neon Genesis Evangelion, s-CRY-ed, Trigun, Witch Hunter Robin, and Wolf's Rain have expired as well; they'd all go well in the second half of that schedule as well.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Definitely! Detective Conan was awesome, I'd love to see it on Adult Swim again. Same with Cowboy Bebop, except I have it laying around here somewhere, so that's not as big a deal.

I've never seen any of Code Geass, but I'll probably give it a try when it starts up on [as]. Is it good?
    Code Geass was, without a doubt, the single best anime from 2006. It has a massive following and actually picked up quite a bit of awards, including the Anime of the Year prize from the Tokyo International Anime Festival.

And the world needs more Conan love, that show wasn't given a chance to shine.

Everyone knows that anime is always better in Japanese :P
    Sorry, I don't subscribe to this theory. XD

And Chibi, YYH wouldn't be able to air since, if I recall correctly, CN lost the license to air it last year after it finished its 5am Saturday run.

Jack, I think Conan is still open for renew, which means Adult Swim and CN would get first crack at it. Like I said, it sucks that AS is just letting go of so many great anime.

ShadowofTime01

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    Friends was one of my favorite shows growing up. The Ross/Rachel relationship kept me addicted to it... Same thing with Jim and Pam in th Office.

I guess Futurama is different from the Simpsons... but i honestly think it's the same humor (except Futurama uses jokes about the future more because that's where it is set). I like them all so I can't complain. They each have their own unique humor and that's why people can like one and not the other.

EDIT: damn some how i got really behind on the discussion...

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    Oh, I loved YYH! Edited or not, it was such a cool show.
    Meh, it took awhile for me to like Conan. I don't love it, but after awhile, I liked trying to figure out who did it too :D
    Stupid licenses.

By the way, I heard Geneon isn't doing any future localizations. Is that true? o.o

Spaekle Oddberry

this is why i'm hot
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    lol, it was really funny when they were showing the edited YYH dub, but the captions for the uncut were playing. You got to see all the stupid cover-ups for everything inappropriate. xD

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    lol, it was really funny when they were showing the edited YYH dub, but the captions for the uncut were playing. You got to see all the stupid cover-ups for everything inappropriate. xD
    Now that is something new to me. XD I should try this out with other anime one of these days.

Spaekle Oddberry

this is why i'm hot
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    I'm not sure how often it did it, but I guess it happened sometimes with YYH because both the edited and unedited had been showing on CN or AS at some point. I remember in one episode, Juri was saying "I don't want to die, I hadn't had my first kiss!" But the captions said "I don't want to die, I'm still a virgin!" Or something of the sort. Haha.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    Now that is something new to me. XD I should try this out with other anime one of these days.

I've done that with Rurouni Kenshin. There weren't any glaring edits in the DVDs I have, but it's fun just seeing the different word choices they use; like localizing casual conversation phrases. :x

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Jack, I think Conan is still open for renew, which means Adult Swim and CN would get first crack at it. Like I said, it sucks that AS is just letting go of so many great anime.
    I'm not too keen on the legalities behind broadcast rights in the United States, so I wouldn't know about that. In any case, Adult Swim needs a regime change.

By the way, I heard Geneon isn't doing any future localizations. Is that true? o.o
    You're a bit behind the times, but it's true. Geneon announced that it was ceasing operations back in September of last year.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back