• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PunkerThanThou

way too punx for giraffes.
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 31, 2008
    Feh, I try to evade school.
    They hound me with all these options of conformity, but the student of self-psychology escapes!

-hops fence-

EDIT: Wrong page. O_o

Eitherway, Paramore is teh shiz. :B

psychology...don't remind me. /shudder. i have a 15 page psychology midterm next week...christ.

paramore is indeed awesome, haylee is quite the vocalist, and the band is great. they are INCREDIBLY young for the prominence they've acheived..

B-Baller

My ballin' is br00tal
    Years
    I don't listen to Paramore and I would probably never even think about listening to them if they hadn't gone mainstream, but I have to admit they've grown on me. Mostly cos that Misery Business song or whatever it's called is played so much here. xD

But yeah I respect their music and what they've done. They're so young and yet they're popular. Most of the bands I listen to are so...old. xD

PunkerThanThou

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 31, 2008
    I don't listen to Paramore and I would probably never even think about listening to them if they hadn't gone mainstream, but I have to admit they've grown on me. Mostly cos that Misery Business song or whatever it's called is played so much here. xD

But yeah I respect their music and what they've done. They're so young and yet they're popular. Most of the bands I listen to are so...old. xD

orly? like what do you listen to if you dont mind that i ask? chyeah. no one knew about them until the new album...it's amazing how much their fanbase has grown...

B-Baller

My ballin' is br00tal
    Years
    orly? like what do you listen to if you dont mind that i ask? chyeah. no one knew about them until the new album...it's amazing how much their fanbase has grown...

No I don't mind. Mostly metal...Metallica, RATM, Iron Maiden, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Dream Theater, Slayer. Yeah they're old...they've been around for ages...and none of my friends knew who any of these guys were until I told em. xD

Paramore's music intrigued me at first...our band wanted to do one of their songs...and when I got to the tabs the tuning for bass was Drop C#. I'm like...what? xD

PunkerThanThou

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 31, 2008
    No I don't mind. Mostly metal...Metallica, RATM, Iron Maiden, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Dream Theater, Slayer. Yeah they're old...they've been around for ages...and none of my friends knew who any of these guys were until I told em. xD

Paramore's music intrigued me at first...our band wanted to do one of their songs...and when I got to the tabs the tuning for bass was Drop C#. I'm like...what? xD

Dream Theater...i listen to a band called Ayreon that once had the lead singer sing on one of their cds. Slayer is also pretty great, Raining Blood is essentially one of my favorite songs...i really like a song by Iron Maiden, The Evil That Men Do. :]

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    I've been listening to Cher, Judy Garland, Madonna, Paramore, Britney Spears, and Kylie Minogue today.

Dear God. I'm so gay. O.O

Good Charlotte and Christina Aguilera too.

PunkerThanThou

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 31, 2008
    I've been listening to Cher, Judy Garland, Madonna, Paramore, Britney Spears, and Kylie Minogue today.

Dear God. I'm so gay. O.O

Good Charlotte and Christina Aguilera too.

lmaooooo. Christina actually has an immsenly amazing voice regardless of what i think of her. everyone seems to be listening to Paramore these days...:]

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    A.F.I and their side band Blaqk Audio is where I'm at right now, also Lifeseeker, one of the bands that were in Dead Rising.

The Infinite Devil Machine

Obvious, with hindsight
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2020
    A.F.I and their side band Blaqk Audio is where I'm at right now, also Lifeseeker, one of the bands that were in Dead Rising.

Not really into AFI. A little bit too...dark for me.

The bands I'm into right now are DragonForce, Alice in Chains and Billy Talent.

PunkerThanThou

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 31, 2008
    eh. AFI never appealed to me, to be honest. i tend to listen to many bands that no ones heard of though...i wouldnt suppose that anyone here listens to Bjork...?

Last edited:

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    AFI is okay >.>
    I only like the song Miss Murder. I hate how all my friends freaking go crazy over AFI, P!ATD, and FOB -_-

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
    Miss Murder is pretty, but I think that's the only one I've heard. :3;

The Eagles, Queen, Smashmouth, most everything on country radio, Lily Allen, Christina Aguilera, Deep Purple, etc., and lots and lots of musicals and showtunes. A little bit of everything, really, though very little rap. I like lots of music. X3;

(Most of the people I actually named are old enough to be my parents. XD)

PunkerThanThou

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 31, 2008

The Eagles, Queen, Smashmouth, most everything on country radio, Lily Allen, Christina Aguilera, Deep Purple, etc., and lots and lots of musicals and showtunes. A little bit of everything, really, though very little rap. I like lots of music. X3;

'aint nothing wrong with oldies. oldies after all influenced new music. :] it's really important to know your past to truly appreciate the future, IMO.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years

Lily Allen <3
    I like rock I guess. Alternative and Indie. Dashboard Confessional is the best band ever IMO.

PunkerThanThou

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 31, 2008
    Lily Allen <3
    I like rock I guess. Alternative and Indie. Dashboard Confessional is the best band ever IMO.

my friend got me a bit into modest mouse, they have the most intriguing lyrics i have EVER read.

Gοяκнaвоii

I am MIRAJ =]
    Years
    I like ALt ROCK and umm, punk rock, grunge rock, HARDSTYLE teechno =], techno, [Top 20] and yeah... nearly anything dats catchyy =]

Gοяκнaвоii

I am MIRAJ =]
    Years
    i like MCR type of punk... i dont mean the emo words stuff, the hard guitar and drums and yeah =]
    i love instrumentals more then anything (as long as they have the techno style instrumental or hard rock style - not hard like metal +)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back