• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    So, all this time, my blue has been hurting innocent people? Makes you think, doesn't it?

I more have a problem with a paticular font, rather than a font colour.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
    Maybe i should change it before we have another Electric Soldier Porygon moment 8D

Whatever you use, it wont look well on FG's Forgotten.

Raichu: Font isnt a problem unless its some uber cursive font or something. Colors are the biggest problem and sometimes I just cant use the better layouts anymore because I get so blinded with the colors.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Yep. French, Spanish, Hebrew...most Oriental languages. English is an obvious one that isn't. :P Arabic is REALLY interesting grammatically, and I'd also really like to learn the written language...I always drove around Israel wondering what all the signs said near Arab villages...oO
    Arabic is a terrible pain grammar wise. You have the usual male/female specifics when referring to others, but then there's also a way to speak when referring to groups of people, for example, there is three ways to tell people to shut up, three ways to call call someone a liar. Heck, there's three ways to call people a donkey XD

Oh, and dialects vary so much as well, it's insane. I mean, I can mostly comprehend the language when a Lebanese person is speaking it, but if it's someone from another country I have no chance.

I like the language though, and I do want to learn it for my own personal reasons. It's just that it's hard to find the time to do so, plus learning it is so time consuming anyway.

Also, you'd think using formatted text would be annoying seeing as you have to load up another page every time you post. I'm surprised people still do it.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Arabic is a terrible pain grammar wise. You have the usual male/female specifics when referring to others, but then there's also a way to speak when referring to groups of people, for example, there is three ways to tell people to shut up, three ways to call call someone a liar. Heck, there's three ways to call people a donkey XD

Oh, and dialects vary so much as well, it's insane. I mean, I can mostly comprehend the language when a Lebanese person is speaking it, but if it's someone from another country I have no chance.

I like the language though, and I do want to learn it for my own personal reasons. It's just that it's hard to find the time to do so, plus learning it is so time consuming anyway.

Also, you'd think using formatted text would be annoying seeing as you have to load up another page every time you post. I'm surprised people still do it.
    I'm learning Arabic on my own for personal reasons as well =o My Dad's native language is Arabic and I've always wanted to be able to communicate with my family. I only know enough to have a brief "Hi, how're you?" conversation. It is tricky though and I can't pronounce a lot of words that great XD I can write my name though :> I'm still learning the rest of the letters slowly.

I do know some french though, I'm going on my third year of learning it~

Soul Eater

Years
    I'm learning Arabic on my own for personal reasons as well =o My Dad's native language is Arabic and I've always wanted to be able to communicate with my family. I only know enough to have a brief "Hi, how're you?" conversation. It is tricky though and I can't pronounce a lot of words that great XD I can write my name though :> I'm still learning the rest of the letters slowly.

Your parents only speak arabic? o.o; If so, it must suck being the only english speaker. XD

Margot

Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Your parents only speak arabic? o.o; If so, it must suck being the only english speaker. XD
    Oh no XD I worded that a bit wrong. They both speak english, but my Dad speaks Arabic as well when talking to his family, like his brothers and sisters. I want to be able to communicate with them :3 My mom knows almost no arabic XD

Soul Eater

Years
    Oh no XD I worded that a bit wrong. They both speak english, but my Dad speaks Arabic as well when talking to his family, like his brothers and sisters. I want to be able to communicate with them :3 My mom knows almost no arabic XD

Oh, I see. Well that's good because maybe you can get to be best friends with your cousins, too. X3;

Years

Arabic is more confusing to me than latin =[

Years
    I used to be able to speak...a fair bit of French, and a bit of German as well...

Sadly, once those classes were over I had no one to practice with, so I've fallen out of practice. :[ I can still read some of it, though...moreso French than German, since I took French for longer...

I absolutely love foreign languages, and if I had a good chance to learn them I would so take it. *_*

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023

hehehe, it's the dame deal for me here as well. I know some words, I can somewhat understand instructions and questions given to me, yet I can't respond all that well. I used to be able to write my name and the entire alphabet, as well as know how each letter is written in relation to other letters, but after not doing it for so long, I've forgotten. The alphabet is easy enough to remember though, I've known that since I was young.

I always get my grandmother complaining about it though ^^;

Margot

Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I tried learning Japanese, the symbols more so than the actual language. But then I realized that trying to learn three languages at once was a little too much for me to handle x_x Though I'm pretty lucky, I know someone who fluently speaks each language I'm currently learning :3 So it's nice to know if I fall behind a bit, I'll be able to get help.

Ray, well that was smart, my parents didn't start me on it when I was young. They tried, but I wasn't too motivated at that age and they didn't want to push it on me. I only know the first five letters XD My Dad is still practicing those with me.

My Grandpa spoke English so I was able to converse with him but my Grandma passed away a loooong time ago. However, my aunts and them always want to talk to me and I feel bad whenever I can't repsond well D: I should have learned it as a kid XDD

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I tried learning Japanese, the symbols more so than the actual language. But then I realized that trying to learn three languages at once was a little too much for me to handle x_x Though I'm pretty lucky, I know someone who fluently speaks each language I'm currently learning :3 So it's nice to know if I fall behind a bit, I'll be able to get help.

Ray, well that was smart, my parents didn't start me on it when I was young. They tried, but I wasn't too motivated at that age and they didn't want to push it on me. I only know the first five letters XD My Dad is still practicing those with me.

My Grandpa spoke English so I was able to converse with him but my Grandma passed away a loooong time ago. However, my aunts and them always want to talk to me and I feel bad whenever I can't repsond well D: I should have learned it as a kid XDD
    Ahh, my pops just wanted us to learn Arabic for the sake of it when we were young. Like, he even prayed with us in Arabic, so that helped. Plus we always had an interest in learning it, so yeah.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I can't speak it for the life of me. XD And what little I learned as a kid didn't really stick with me :P

Gοяκнaвоii

I am MIRAJ =]
    Years
    =[ i only know three languages fluently, Hindi, which i can understand fluently xD but cant speak at all =[, Nepali [Speak/listen, its all good], and English... which just about everyone knows =]

but i really really REALLY wanna learn JAP =[

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I can speak three languages: Mandarin, English and a bit of Japanese.

I've been learning Japanese for three years now, but due to the slow pace of the school curriculum, none of it is extremely complicated at all. I still can barely understand half an episode of any anime... but watching it is helping.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    That's pretty much the same with me. I took all three years of Japanese classes in the high school system but I still don't know enough to have any sort of decent conversation with someone. I could probably do the basics like order things or ask for directions if I went to Japan, but I can get pretty lost if I watch anime and such raw. XD;

I'm hoping the curriculum is much faster paced in university. @_@

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I've already been to Japan twice now since I started learning Japanese and what I had learnt was definitely not enough to survive there... xD Even though one of the trips was via school exchange, it was still difficult to communicate with everyone and having to ask "Mo ichi do onegai shimasu" kinda became one of those more commonly said phrases alongside "wakarimasen".

I've got 2 years left at High School so I hope we actually learn a lot more this year.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back