• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
  • Yes, I like that cereal. So I'm glad they started selling it up here as well.

As Lightning said, there are few food items in Canada that aren't in the US. Probably just everything we'ved mentioned. and real maple syrup.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • We get real maple syrup, it's just a bit more expensive. People mostly buy the imitation stuff. I seem to like it better because that's what I grew up on.

And apparently Canada makes 80% of the worlds maple syrup! O.O

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Some things that we both have also taste different! I adamantly insist that Oreos taste different--Canadian Oreos are a bit crunchier and I think they taste better.

And McDonald's! The hamburgers in the US are so much greasier and man I just feel fatter when I eat them since those're our staple foods on road trips. XDD; It's just weird since... you'd think they'd use the same recipe and whatnot. o_O

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Hmm...I guess I haven't eaten enough Canadian Mcdonald's to tell the different, but we Americans like our hamburgers very greasy. I used to eat there a lot more, but then I realized how positively horrible it is for you =(

Cherrim

Years
  • But like... the hamburgers were dripping in grease. It was sooo gross. XD;

My family does a road trip in the US every year so whenever we go, we always end up getting McDonald's once or twice along the way. Sometimes, if we leave home late, we'll end up getting McDonald's in Canada and then a few hours later in the US so you can really compare it a lot easier that way. XD;

Cherrim

Years
  • I don't really mind them. :( So long as you aren't having it every day or anything, it's not THAT bad for you. If you like the taste, good for you and if not, there are lots of other options.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2018
    I don't really mind them. :( So long as you aren't having it every day or anything, it's not THAT bad for you. If you like the taste, good for you and if not, there are lots of other options.

it's not the fact that it's unhealthy, I just don't like it. It's all so greasy and tastes awful to me

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I'd much rather have Subway/Quiznos than other fast food. It's healthy and it tastes just as good.

The truth is that people eat it because it's there and it's convenient. It also incredibly addicting food...

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2018
    I'd much rather have Subway/Quiznos than other fast food. It's healthy and it tastes just as good.

The truth is that people eat it because it's there and it's convenient. It also incredibly addicting food...

Subway and Quiznos are better but I still hardly ever eat it.

I love some homecooked meals though =D

...and chinese food

Cherrim

Years
  • Actually a fair few of the things in the menus at a lot of fast food joints these days are a lot healthier than before. :O I actually quite like the uhh... chicken wraps that I think McDonald's has. (Or is it Burger King? Both? XD) They aren't too terribly unhealthy and man they're good. ♥

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Are we talking fast-food?

The only thing I eat is McDonald's cheeseburgers. If I'm hungry, I eat more of them :3 Oh, but I don't touch their french fries. Burger King's fries are so much better.

Never had chinese fast-food, only seen it in movies x3

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • I almost never eat fast food, to be honest :[ Too much of a hassle to go out to get it, I usually just stick with something I can make around the house. D: And when I am out, I always go for the Starbucks instead :>

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I guess I used to like MacDonald's, but not too much now, heh. I think I go there once a year on average now. As for Subway, there is one just two minutes from my place, so I go there quite a lot, and I like it there. Though I think my favourite right now is Manchu Wok, which, by the way, had its first store in Canada. =D

I've been on trips with my dad in the U.S., and I've been to 30 of the states. I have found some weird food items along the way, among other things. The Imperial system is definitely most noticeable, though. I remember being in Arkansas ordering a meal:

"I'd like a pogo, please," I said, pointing to what I know as a pogo.
    "You mean a corn dog?" the server said to me. I looked confused and just said "I want that."
    She then asks "What size of drink? The 20 ounce?"
    Again I stand there confused, unsure of what an ounce is. I then point to the 600 milliliter bottle of Pepsi, and I say "I want that." XDD

So yeah, Americans call them corn dogs, and Canadians call them pogos.

The other weird food situation that comes to mind happened in Alabama. I got a chicken burger at a convenience store, and began eating it. Only then did I realize that between the buns lay a hunk of chicken that was fully boned. I couldn't believe it, XD.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I almost never eat fast food, to be honest :[ Too much of a hassle to go out to get it, I usually just stick with something I can make around the house. D: And when I am out, I always go for the Starbucks instead :>

I've only gone to Starbucks once, and that was on a vacation down in Prague x3 Me myself, makes much better coffee and latte stuff than that. I'd hand you some, but this internet thingy doesn't seem to be hightech enough for sending coffee over it...

I guess I don't eat much fast-food either. I've only been to Subway twice ._." That's GOOD food though.

But the best thing is still ordering pizza ;) It even beats home made food. Though that might be because I'm bad at cooking...

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • I've only gone to Starbucks once, and that was on a vacation down in Prague x3 Me myself, makes much better coffee and latte stuff than that. I'd hand you some, but this internet thingy doesn't seem to be hightech enough for sending coffee over it...
    Haha, that's pretty funny, because the only time I've been to Starbucks was also when I was going on vacation. Only, that was to the Dominican Republic. XD;

On the fast food topic, I like it. I'm slowly eating myself into a self induced heart attack? Woops, didn't notice. I'm still considerably thin, so I suppose I don't see the consequences to my actions yet. But yeah. I'm lovin it and having it my way.

Though, I only eat fast food that doesn't include pizza a couple times a month. :3;

.Iramet

Banned
    Years
  • Actually a fair few of the things in the menus at a lot of fast food joints these days are a lot healthier than before. :O I actually quite like the uhh... chicken wraps that I think McDonald's has. (Or is it Burger King? Both? XD) They aren't too terribly unhealthy and man they're good. ♥
    OMG!
    The honey mustard wrap is the ****!(I censored myself XD)
    I love them to no extent!
    XD

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Those wraps are just "meh" for me...Whenever I got to McDonald's I always get the 5 piece chicken selects with buffalo sauce =]

Sushi.

AWESOME
    Years
  • Those wraps are just "meh" for me...Whenever I got to McDonald's I always get the 5 piece chicken selects with buffalo sauce =]

Mmmm.... My sis and I always love to dip some chicken in the buffalo sauce! ^^
    I only tryed the Burger King spicy wrap, but not the Mcdonald one.
    I just love having either spicy wrap or a Whopper at Burger King. ^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back