• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat, Chat-Chit, Chit-Chit, Chot-Chut Choot Shoot Chute Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Well, its pretty easy once you get used to it. You just have to flow with the music. xD

I've been trying to get used to it for almost six years now. XDD; Actually, I'm left-handed so when I first got my guitar, it was strung left-handedly (I know that's not a word but bear with me), so when I decided last year I wanted to try again for the 3434068th time, I got it restrung right-handedly. Basically, I've swapped the strings and picked it up in different periods of my life, but still haven't grasped it, haha. I'm thinking of trying again soon, though. Maybe this time will be different :D?

I also have a violin lying around that my parents got my for Christmas in 2009. I love the sound of a violin and have been dying to play forever, but... I need lessons. Bad. XD; I can't even tune it, and that's a problem haha.

I think I'll just stick to piano for now. It's pretty safe, and I love it so much. <3

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    I've been playing the piano for over a decade. My piano teacher relocated last year, though, so I've just been playing on my own. I like the freedom to practice/play whenever I want, but I'm definitely not learning at a very fast pace.

I've also wanted to make a YT account just for covers and stuff, but I have a really crappy camera. I should probably invest in one.

JeXsus™

I don't need an avatar!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • NY
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    Is learning the piano difficult? I've been wanting to play it for awhile, but I'm not sure if it's really time consuming.

I mean I know learning any instrument is always a bit challenging. Just want to know how fast it can be picked up.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Its not really that hard. You just have to remember every chords. Its a bit time consuming, especially if you're not really used to stretching your palms. xD

JeXsus™

I don't need an avatar!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • NY
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    I don't think that's a problem. xD I've been told I have piano hands, so that's what got me wanting to play haha.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I really have no musical talent whatsoever. I couldn't play a tune to save my life. x__x

Same.

I would like to actually try it out though, since I think music is much more important as a medium than physical art.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Is learning the piano difficult? I've been wanting to play it for awhile, but I'm not sure if it's really time consuming.

I mean I know learning any instrument is always a bit challenging. Just want to know how fast it can be picked up.

I think the most difficult thing for me when I first started was to make sure my left and right hands were playing the right notes at the same time. Because your hands are doing two different things at once, it could be a bit challenging at first. But it's not too bad if you work at it. :D

I'm learning Fur Elise right now and... oh god the arpeggios. :(

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    I never learned to play an instrument, because music was never a big part of my life for the first twelve years or so. Also I've never been able to sing, which just kills me, because I love to sing. :(

Although it was compulsory to learn the recorder when I was at primary (elementary) school, so I did learn some of that. I can now play parts of the Sailor Moon theme song on it just for the lulz. I was actually kinda good at it at the time.

If I did start to learn an instrument now, it would be the piano. I love the sound of it - definitely my favourite instrument.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years

I've been playing piano since I was 5 (for almost 12 years) so I'm not sure how fast anyone can pick up playing the piano. Though it is worth it once you learn it because since I knew piano first I was easy for me to teach myself other instruments. My guess is that Piano would take longer to pick up than if you were learning guitar or drums. I personally found both guitar and drums easier to pick up and teach myself but I don't really know about picking up piano. If you had a piano teacher it'll help pick up faster.
    I used to do full on classical then I moved to rock 5 years ago and after I finish my Grade 5 rock exam I'm just gonna teach myself modern music.

I'm learning Fur Elise right now and... oh god the arpeggios. :(

XD I remember Fur elise and haha I know what you mean about the arpeggios currently learning Maple Leaf Rag by Scott Joplin but it's hard and I'm so lazy to practice lol

Apart from that I taught myself how to play guitar (just over a year now) I know a bit on the drums and I used to play harmonica and glockenspiel for the school orchestra XD

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    The arpeggios in Fur Elise really aren't that hard...certainly not as hard as the B section or the chromatic scale after the arpeggios. The whole piece is pretty easy though, as far as piano works go - I learned it in 7th grade.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I played it about 6th Grade because I found the sheet music on the floor of the music room at school (and I kinda stole it XD) I haven't played it for a while but I remember my mom made me repeat it so many times because it was her favorite piece she liked hearing me play

Years
    I never learned to play an instrument, because music was never a big part of my life for the first twelve years or so. Also I've never been able to sing, which just kills me, because I love to sing. :(

Although it was compulsory to learn the recorder when I was at primary (elementary) school, so I did learn some of that. I can now play parts of the Sailor Moon theme song on it just for the lulz. I was actually kinda good at it at the time.

If I did start to learn an instrument now, it would be the piano. I love the sound of it - definitely my favourite instrument.
    I never got round to playing an instrument either, which is kind of a let down because I've always liked the thought of playing the piano. I'm mostly an arty person at the end of the day and would sooner paint a landscape then have that chance to play a piano.

My friends did try to and get me to do recorder lessons back when I was 7-8 years old, but I wasn't particularly interested.

otakulily

Pokemon is okay, I guess.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    On the other hand, I have absolutely no artistic talent whatsoever, so I'd actually rather learn how to play an instrument. But I'm lazy, so yeah. If I were to seriously take up music, I'd probably choose to learn to play piano or violin or some other classy instrument.

Years
    A violin would be very interesting to play, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested to do that at some point.

It looks and feels like such a melancholic instrument, I can imagine anybody who already has a passion for being a violinist really knows how to feel surging emotion as they play it.

Years
    I did take violin lessons but the circumstances sucked like hell - the classes were in a really smelly old building which I had to wait in for 30 minutes before and after, and the teacher was a prick :/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back