• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat, Chat-Chit, Chit-Chit, Chot-Chut Choot Shoot Chute Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    It's very complex. I studied tirelessly to translate everything, in the end it paid off.

As they say,
    Padnvueb aerpergh aergaerg.
    I'll try taking it when I go to college :o

It seems pretty hard if you ask me, I'm always stumped on this phrase, "Gwar aerg blurb gehten."

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years

I'll try taking it when I go to college :o

It seems pretty hard if you ask me, I'm always stumped on this phrase, "Gwar aerg blurb gehten."

It means;

"I'm tired, Goodnight everyone."
    I remember, as part of my cirriculum was to travel to Jibber and experience the language first hand. It's bloody cold there.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    It means;

"I'm tired, Goodnight everyone."
    I remember, as part of my cirriculum was to travel to Jibber and experience the language first hand. It's bloody cold there.
    Ohh, god I'm so stupid, I should have known that ><

Jibber is well known for its artic-climate and its harsh winters, I'm going in the summer, when it should be a bit warmer :D

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years

Ohh, god I'm so stupid, I should have known that ><

Jibber is well known for its artic-climate and its harsh winters, I'm going in the summer, when it should be a bit warmer :D

There is no summer in Jibber, not since the White Witch returned.

...No, wait, I'm getting mixed up with my trip to Narnia.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    There is no summer in Jibber, not since the White Witch returned.

...No, wait, I'm getting mixed up with my trip to Narnia.
    You went to Narnia!? I would die to go there, I mean they have the last population of talking beavers and lions there :D

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years

You went to Narnia!? I would die to go there, I mean they have the last population of talking beavers and lions there :D

Yes, but the fawns are rather odd creatures.
    They were scarfs, yet remain shirtless. No logic whatsoever.

Anyway, I have to feed my unicorn then I'm off to bed. Night all.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Yes, but the fawns are rather odd creatures.
    They were scarfs, yet remain shirtless. No logic whatsoever.

Anyway, I have to feed my unicorn then I'm off to bed. Night all.
    Indeed they are. Their inner layer of blubber is only found on their body and legs, not their necks, so they have to keep warm.

Good night!

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    It appears I just missed a discussion on languages. :( Foreign languages are one of my favourite things . . . taking German and Spanish at school. Fourth year of Spanish, first of German.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I took French for 5 years & Spanish for 2 years back in school but I then dropped them at the first opportunity. I never really did like speaking foreign languages.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    I'd rather take a cultural class than a language class. Don't get me wrong, the language is a big part of a culture but I'd rather read a book from that culture or learn about their history or important figures from them. Learning a language is a whole other thing by itself.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Same here, I wish my highschool had Japanese Culture class, after I saw a list of AP classes and JC was one of them, but not at our school :/

blue

gucci
    Years
    I agree^

I don't really see the point of learning a language that I'm most probaly not going to use. If I was moving to somewhere that spoke a different language then it would be acceptable but I think I could learn something slightly more useful to me.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I agree^

I don't really see the point of learning a language that I'm most probaly not going to use. If I was moving to somewhere that spoke a different language then it would be acceptable but I think I could learn something slightly more useful to me.
    I'm taking Spanish II, which I already know so its pretty much an easy A or B most of the time :o

blue

gucci
    Years
    Nice^

I did fine in Spanish & French, I got good results ect. I just don't really see the point in it, then again that's just my opinion ;D

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I used to take Chinese in 8th Grade but only cause we had to have a least one language then. I used to take French German and Spanish when I younger than 8th but after I reached 9th I stopped taking languages at school - I have such a bad memory soo.....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back