• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat, Chat-Chit, Chit-Chit, Chot-Chut Choot Shoot Chute Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
    Years
    Holy ****. I was just sitting around playing video games and usual and I looked out the window because I heard someone yelling. Apparently the Church nearby our house, which was visible by looking out the window, was on fire and there was a ton of smoke coming out of it. I'm watching it right now out the window.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I used to take Chinese in 8th Grade but only cause we had to have a least one language then. I used to take French German and Spanish when I younger than 8th but after I reached 9th I stopped taking languages at school - I have such a bad memory soo.....
    Chinese? At your school? I never heard of that language being taught at school. Its cool nonetheless :D
    Holy ****. I was just sitting around playing video games and usual and I looked out the window because I heard someone yelling. Apparently the Church nearby our house, which was visible by looking out the window, was on fire and there was a ton of smoke coming out of it. I'm watching it right now out the window.
    Holy crap. I hope no one was harmed D:

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
    Years
    Yeah. It appears to have been put out now as I don't see anymore smoke coming out of it. The side of the church I could see was not on fire, but the other side was, so I couldn't see how bad it ewas other than all the smoke coming out of it.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    That's really sad. I hope everything turns out ok.

I have been taking French for the last 7 years. I passed my DELF exam in November and I am (eagerly) awaiting my certificate.
    7 years :o Thats a long time!
    I've known Puerto Rican style Spanish from family members and friends, and wanted to learn the proper way to speak it so I took Spanish and I'm currently in Spanish II right now :o

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Yes, it is. I can only hold a basic conversation, though. I know my level of fluency in French will shoot way up as I take French 20 and 30.
    <~ Jealous

I was planning on going to Tokyo for my senior year or part of college, but the eq happened, and I got a letter from the University of Barcelona so I might go there :o Thats one reason why I need to learn proper Spanish :O

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    It's been hard. Verb conjugation is a *****. There are so many rules that have to be followed and there are three forms for it, then there are some that are irregular and don't follow the rules. Grrr...

Congrats for the letter to the University. It's not everyday that you can get one.
    I friggen hate the grammar for Spanish D:

My parents will probably make me go to a University in the US tho D:

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    At my school, we take Spanish. It's pretty fun to learn, and it's easy to me, because at a young age I knew French, and they are both derived from Latin, so they are very similar. I'm taking Spanish II this year, so it counts for a high school credit in middle school, which is why I have to do well or I will die D:

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    Spanish grammar is easy at first, but it gets harder as it gets more advanced. The basics are easy. Gender is almost always follows the rules, conjugation is usually simple for regular verbs. The past tense is hell though.

English grammar is easy too, the thing that gets most people is that they over think it. They say, "Wait, it can't be that simple. So, they must do this." Then they say the wrong thing when what they thought was wrong was correct.

The hard thing about English is spelling. :/

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I've been learning French since I was nine and it's actually gonna be my major! :) I've always found it really fun. And in Canada, it's a pretty useful skill to know both official languages. I'd really like to learn Spanish one of these days, though~

The only things that really suck about French is that conjugation is hell to learn and practice, genders can be a little confusing, and every rule has a billion exceptions. If you're good at memorizing things (exceptions), you'll do fine, but it's still quite annoying at times.

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
    Years
    All authorities seem to have left the scene and everything is calm. I didn't go around to see what damage has been done, I'm just waiting for the evening news to learn more about it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Spanish grammar is easy at first, but it gets harder as it gets more advanced. The basics are easy. Gender is almost always follows the rules, conjugation is usually simple for regular verbs. The past tense is hell though.

English grammar is easy too, the thing that gets most people is that they over think it. They say, "Wait, it can't be that simple. So, they must do this." Then they say the wrong thing when what they thought was wrong was correct.

The hard thing about English is spelling. :/

The only thing that I hate is pronouns such as "lo". The spelling in Spanish is easy because everything is said as it is written. The past tense isn't that bad, and sometimes you even gte verbs like "trabajaba" in the imperfect tense. :P It is so fun to say :-)

Last edited:

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    The only thing that I hate is pronouns such as "lo". The spelling in Spanish is easy because everything is said as it is written. The past tense isn't that bad, and sometimes you even gte verbs like "trabajaba" in the imperfect tense. :P It is so fun to say :-)

Hablabamos is my favorite Spanish verb.

I love irregularities. Therefore I love French.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years

English grammar is easy to me, since its my first language :o Spanish grammar is weird :/
    If English is your first language than yeah you pick up pretty fast but for someone learning it as the second it can be difficult. English grammar is inconsistent and sometimes just plain weird. Like bologna. Or why read can be pronounced two different ways that each mean different things. Spanish on the other hand, everything is pronounced the way it's spelled and there's simple conjugations.

Years

English grammar is easy to me, since its my first language :o Spanish grammar is weird :/

That is because you were learning it when you had no understanding on any language what so ever.

It is different if you already know a language and are trying to learn another, because you are use to the words, pronunciations and rules of 'Z' language.​

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    And do we really need 26 letters? "K" is useless and never says anything. When was the last time you used "X" or "Z?" How come "Y" is sometimes a vowel? We've already confused our kids by booting Pluto and Triceratops why not streamline the alphabet?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back