• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat, Chat-Chit, Chit-Chit, Chot-Chut Choot Shoot Chute Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Ah, I get it.

There is this guy I work with who makes jokes about his own race. I don't really join in though, because I don't want to offend anyone, and moreover, I don't like doing it anyway.

But like this guy and his race, I often do the same thing with my Canadian nationality. We seem to be allowed to make fun of our own identities, but not anyone else's. It's weird how that works, eh?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Ah, I get it.

There is this guy I work with who makes jokes about his own race. I don't really join in though, because I don't want to offend anyone, and moreover, I don't like doing it anyway.

But like this guy and his race, I often do the same thing with my Canadian nationality. We seem to be allowed to make fun of our own identities, but not anyone else's. It weird how that works, eh?
    Yup. I don't do it to a major extent, mostly I just say hey ___(color of skin) boy/girl. I don't like going anymore farther than that. I remember on the first day of school one of my previous teachers were referring to Indians as "dotheads" and it kinda irked me to be honest.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Reminds me of the black guy in our class. He's proud of his skin color, but we don't really tease him about that. He's just a bit sarcastic.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Reminds me of the black guy in our class. He's proud of his skin color, but we don't really tease him about that. He's just a bit sarcastic.

My skin color is relatively dark because of a mix of races in my family, but I'm not very proud of it to be honest.

I'm not very tall, but I'm average height for my age, maybe a little taller, so I don't really care.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    To be honest, I've been made fun of my whole life for being Indian, so I'm not as proud of my heritage as other people.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I'm Korean, but I really don't have any pride in my heritage because I know next to nothing about it. What I do know is that I'm allergic to most of my native food and their cars are too small for my tastes.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I'm Korean, but I really don't have any pride in my heritage because I know next to nothing about it. What I do know is that I'm allergic to most of my native food and their cars are too small for my tastes.
    lol XD I had a Korean friend before, but he moved. He was really funny tho and so was his dad XD

My family refers to me as the Hispanic Indian :o

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    To be honest, I've been made fun of my whole life for being Indian, so I'm not as proud of my heritage as other people.
    ^ This.

I honestly don't know why people care about race at all, but racism has been slowly but steadily dying since the 70s on.

I'm not very proud of my different heritages to be honest, but I'm surrounded by people who have been immersed in American culture anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    ^ This.

I honestly don't know why people care about race at all, but racism has been slowly but steadily dying since the 70s on.

I'm not very proud of my different heritages to be honest, but I'm surrounded by people who have been immersed in American culture anyway, so it doesn't really matter.
    I hated my race when I was a kid, because I was always picked on and such. But now, some people still do, but I could care less, like yesterday some kid was like "ha-ha you're Indian!" and I was like "It's that you know your races. *thumbs up*" :/

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Because of "high standards". If your not 100% white, then you don't fit the standard. That's what I've been told and that's why I'll never have friends in RL.. or a date. :-/
    Then those people around you must be jerks then. If they don't accept you for who you are then they doesn't deserve being friends at all.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Eh... my day was okay. :/ I'm off school so I'm just... lying about, I guess.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back