• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I'll be getting a job this summer. I may be working either at the supermarket two blocks from my house or GameStop with my friends.
    Well, nobodies on right now.
    So I shall retreat here for some conversation xD

I'm going job hunting today :3
    Since I don't work at Gamestop anymore, (I hated my fellow employees. You don't even know how obnoxious they were. Even my boss x_x) I think I'm gonna try for Chick-Fil-A
    How were they obnoxious? Like they thought they knew everything it the world, but they really didn't?

matt561

Your French Charizard
    Years
    I remember working at a Claas dearlership there was this guy who just kept taking me for a retard he couldent understand why i would want to polish every inch of a Claas lexion combine

but hey at the end of the day money is money

I am going for an agricultural contractor this summer should be fun

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
    My first job was at Aeropostale. Then I gave that up. Now I'm working at American Eagle as a cashier and I'm a French teacher. Jobs REALLY can change, huh? I even got pretty far at Aero ;;

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
    First job I ever had was collecting carriages at Stop&Shop. One day when a few went missing, the decided to blame me for it. Wtf, seriously? So I quit :<

Then, I worked at CVS for a while. My aunt, who had gotten me the job, had filed a complaint about another employee there sexually harassing her (dude was referring to her as "Chica Bonita" instead of her real name. He was kind of a dick, btw). Since she was leaving, and she was the only real reason I had the job to begin with, when she left, they "let me go." Ghey.

Then I worked storage in best-buy. This just...didn't really work out great because I couldn't stand any of the other people I was working with. I was there for a sold 2 months before I finally quit XD;

So...right now I'm jobless. w00t.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I first job was at Irving, fueling up eighteen-wheelers, cleaning bathrooms, and taking out garbage....

....I quit after four days. XD

My next job was at Loeb, where I was a Service Clerk, and then Food Basics, where I worked in the Dairy Department. Now I work at a different Loeb, in the Produce Department. XD

....One day I want to get a job somewhere that isn't a grocery store. =P

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    I've never had a job beofre *shot'd*
    But I am looking. I kind of want to be a secretary or a receptionist ._.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    I've not had very many jobs. My first was at Wendy's. I hated that place. I was supposed to get a raise and actually start working other positions, but they never did it. Plus, I only had a two-hour shift.
    My second "job" was actually unpaid, since it was co-op. During my co-op class, I worked for the computer person going to people's rooms and helping them fix their computer problems. That was fun.
    The job I have now, I like a lot, but also hate a lot. I'm one of the operators that take information and IT Helpdesk calls for the University. I really like it, until I talk to one of those people who act like they know more than you do (why are you calling us if you already know everything?).

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I still have to wait a bit before getting one myself, but I have a feeling hunting for one would be a pain. I mean, my parents had a hard time finding a job, only because they didn't know a lot of English, and me and my sister were somewhat involved due to us knowing more English than they did...

Yep, it definitely does not sound easy.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    What state do you live in, Glion? Normally kids can start working when they turn fourteen.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    What state do you live in, Glion? Normally kids can start working when they turn fourteen.
    Tennessee, sadly, but I might move to Florida if my mom......finds a job there...
    I always thought 16 was the required age to get a job. Could be just Tennessee.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Nope, I believe that fourteen was the age requirements. Thats why I'm hopefully going to try and find a job this summer.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    The requirement is 15 here, but I have yet to go find a job. I'm more focused on getting school out of the way and completed. I'll probably have to get a job once I'm at uni.
    Though I have a friend who works about 15 hours over the weekend at a supermarket checkout.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I think you need to be 16 to get a job in New York, but I'm sure plenty of kids have kids have worked "off the record" and such. I was 17 when I got me first job ;D

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    You have to be sixteen in Florida too.
    Actually, fourteen at Win-Dixee. But everywhere else is sixteen or up.

By the way, have fun counting MotM votes Aura! xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back