• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    Gosh I dont like how all of you hate the snow and all I wanna do is see snow. Maybe we can switch places. I would like to see snow. It been a dream of mine.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    I would love school to be canceled because of snow. The only reason why school would be canceled because of weather here is if its a huricane coming.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Gosh I dont like how all of you hate the snow and all I wanna do is see snow. Maybe we can switch places. I would like to see snow. It been a dream of mine.
    Snow > All
    I would love school to be canceled because of snow. The only reason why school would be canceled because of weather here is if its a huricane coming.
    I love when school is canceled due to snow! It's just so..serene. My last school never called off. One time it was -6 F outside, by law they are required to call off. They didn't. They also got sued. :3 Then the very next week, there was a huge snow storm. You couldn't even see your hand in front of your face. It was around 5 F outside, but the wind chill was -20 to -30. They didn't call off. Instead, they canceled the buses. Said it was too icy. :|

Why are people who run schools always idiots?

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    School was once closed here for fog, saying it was too dangerous to drive in. The brilliant part is that after about 7 or 8 AM, the day was beautiful.

OMG thats amazing! I wish it was like that here in my school system. I dont think they would though.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I don't like snow because they never cancel school over it here and it just makes public transit and traffic in general all backed up like whoa.

:( It was fun to play in as a kid but now it's just an annoying hassle.

IcePyro

I'll just not say anything
    Years
    Yeah, once it was about 30 degrees, and the winds were about 10mph. I was waiting for an hour at the bus stop, and i'm getting pissed that i'm missing the first few school periods, and all of a sudden comes a lady who I don't even know. she drives up to me and says, "you do know that school's cancelled." I felt so foolish. lol

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Yeah, once it was about 30 degrees, and the winds were about 10mph. I was waiting for an hour at the bus stop, and i'm getting pissed that i'm missing the first few school periods, and all of a sudden comes a lady who I don't even know. she drives up to me and says, "you do know that school's cancelled." I felt so foolish. lol
    Only 30 degress? Only 10 MPH? That's not bad at all. That's...normal. XD (edit) Actually, that's above normal. XD

30 degress is just barely freezing. And with that wind it probably only felt like 28.

I think you're converting your Celsius and KM/H badly.

IcePyro

I'll just not say anything
    Years
    No, i'm serious. 30 degrees (aka. about -1 degrees Celcius) and 10mph winds. School was cancelled. Idk wtf those guys at the board of education were thinking. It might have snowed earlier, but there was only a bit on the ground. Not enough for school to be cancelled.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    No, i'm serious. 30 degrees (aka. about -1 degrees Celcius) and 10mph winds. School was cancelled. Idk wtf those guys at the board of education were thinking. It might have snowed earlier, but there was only a bit on the ground. Not enough for school to be cancelled.
    I want your school district.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    Wow school boards these days. Well I guess they have a lot of pressure to keep kids safe. At least they are trying. And I love it when they cancel school to help "protect us."

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    Ikr? Anyway, I moved *fumes* and now if we get 6 inches of snow, our school won't get cancelled. Our school is like a prep school except we don't have to wear uniforms (idk man lol)

6 inches of snow much be a lot. I wouldnt know... o.o"
    Wow I wish I could go to a prep school. Even if I had to wear an uniform.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back