• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Now that ^ is some crazy stuff. :x

I've had blood taken out of me before...I got a virus once in 4th grade(for 8 days, and missed my school choir's square dance scene. ;~;) and I just hate how it feels when it gets SUCKED right out of you. x_x;

I was actually a little scared before when I was getting it out. At the time, I knew you could die, if you lost too much blood, but didn't know blood comes back instantly if healed or whatever. I literally asked my mom if I got another blood donation, if I would die!
She said no, because blood comes back all the time.

Years
I donated blood at the college a couple months back. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Everyone made a big deal about the needle that the put through your arm but I didn't really feel a thing when they placed it through me since I kept my mind away from thinking about it. :P

I did almost faint after I gave enough blood. That was probably because I was in a hurry to get back home and eat lunch. My sight got extremely blurry and I started to lose my appetite but managed to recover by laying down for about 10-15 minutes. Good thing the people working there insisted I should lie down since I had to drive myself home.

Years
I'm too lazy to quote so...

@Alakazam: Yeah, Democracy still needs work since if we do not have the proper social safety nets, then we can never achieve equal representation. I never really intended for this to be a conversation...it was mostly me just playing around. XD

Well I don't like saying it since modern society still has a weird intolerance for "weakness" but I'm afraid of getting gashes. =/ I got a small cut in my thumb recently though but I just put some ointment and band-aid then now the skin just needs to reform. =D
Hmm only got my blood drawn once I think and I'm still afraid of going through that. XD

Sublime

Blimey!
Years
PC is FINALLY back up for me!
Stupid Apache cPanel thing...

Anywho, back to the current topic.
I've given blood one time at school. I have no problems with blood.
But gore, like extreme amounts of mutilation, I'm sickened by.

I guess that makes me..Half-squeamish?xD

Angela

Aristocracy
Years
I can't give blood for at least another 20 months ;)

But I have had my blood checked many times, so I'm not afraid of needles.

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
I've never actually had to have blood drawn for medical purposes. I haven't gotten horribly sick (besides the occasional nasty virus), and I've never had to be hospitalized for anything like that.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I have... some problems with my blood, so, despite being O+, I can't donate any :|

I never had any serious accident, and I hope I never need any *crosses fingers*

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
Years
I've never given blood, lawl :[ It's just not my type of thing, I can't stand seeing blood and all that >.<

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 26, 2015
I could give blood, I suppose, I mean, if it was for a good cause, then I wouldn't mind the idea of giving blood itself, but needles freak me out, so I'd probably be scared to death.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Speaking about donating blood, it's illegal for gays to donate in New Zealand.

Sublime

Blimey!
Years
I know that I won't give blood anymore >.<

Last time I gave blood, the amatuer nurse lady screwed up and caused me and my friends to have reactions in our arms :/

Nothing bad, she just aggravated something and caused it to puff up and get all nasty.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Chris: Thank you for that wonderful fact. XD

I've never given blood before. I remember seeing a Red Cross truck for donation, however never actually done it.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
The school had a campaign that if you were suitable to give blood, and if you did, you'd ge a day off school as a reward.

They actually had to close the school off that day because only 70 people came to school that day.

Sublime

Blimey!
Years
The school had a campaign that if you were suitable to give blood, and if you did, you'd ge a day off school as a reward.

They actually had to close the school off that day because only 70 people came to school that day.

WHAT
:O
No fair :[

All we got was a T-shirt, can of Coca~Cola, and a 3-inch Firehouse ham and cheese sub >:[

xD

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
At the time, only 10 people out of the town, which had 3000 or something residents had donated. And our town wanted to be special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back