• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
  • Wal-Mart would actually be more logical for buying games since they sell everything for like 5 dollars less. But seriously, who buys video games there? =/

EB Games is owned by Gamestop I do believe.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Due to their excessive focus on console gaming, I'm not very keen on buying games at either EB Games or GameStop. Sure, most of their stores still maintain PC gaming sections, but they're small, and their selections are rather poor.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • Due to their excessive focus on console gaming, I'm not very keen on buying games at either EB Games or GameStop. Sure, most of their stores still maintain PC gaming sections, but they're small, and their selections are rather poor.

That's very true.

I also haaaaate the fact games don't come out for Mac the same time they do PC. Lame. (Yes, I know Macs aren't meant for gaming, but where's the love?) =[

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Yeah...too bad there's not a market out there for Mac gaming. It would be quite convenient. Not to mention I wouldn't have to fuss around with Windows X(

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • I.. Have never heard of that either. XD

What exactly is Wallmart? :<

A big, wharehouse like store with everything. EVERYTHING
    Food, diapers, clothes, video games, sports equipment, etc.

But I personally think Sams and Target are better as far as wharehouse department stores go.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • A big, wharehouse like store with everything. EVERYTHING
    Food, diapers, clothes, video games, sports equipment, etc.

But I personally think Sams and Target are better as far as wharehouse department stores go.
    I've been to wallmart:D, when I visited the US:D.

Well here the main video game store is called BT ;) (Best Buy rip off)

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I have only seen two GameStops in my life: one that was built in my hometown like two years ago, and one at the other end of Ottawa. Before seeing these, I had assumed it was an all-American place, heh.

As for EB Games, we have a bunch. Fifteen in the city, actually(with a population here of 800,000). There are also four Microplay here. I believe you can only find them in Ottawa, and they specialize in used games. While I go to EB for all my Wii products, Microplay is the place to go if you're looking for GameCube, N64, or NES titles. ^^

And of course I've gotten a bunch of games at Wal-Mart. I actually got my Diamond game there, because it opened like four hours before EB Games, and I was impatient. =P

I've also gotten quite a few games in upper New York state, XD. My family would go down there, and I would stop at their local game stores and pick things up. I got Emerald there for cheap, and I got Mario Kart: Double Dash! there for half the Canadian price!

You don't have free health care in the U.S., but boy is your sales tax low. :P

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Oh wow this is interesting to hear. In 2006 when i left the big apple(damn i miss the smelly subways and large freaking pizza you cant eat in one go and a good old taco bell taco)EB games and gamestop where both up[ and running in all 5 boroughs but now all you see is a gamestop? Shame as EB games rocked way more then gamestop for me. But yeah target is way better then wallmart. They have way better organization and all. I mean i used to got to target look down the isle and find the transformers(i was 13 shut up!) but you go to wallmart and all you found was power rangers.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Hehe, I don't know much about Target, as I've never been to one. Actually, I can't ever recall ever seeing one either, and I've been to thirty states. *sweatdrop*

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • I've also gotten quite a few games in upper New York state, XD. My family would go down there, and I would stop at their local game stores and pick things up. I got Emerald there for cheap, and I got Mario Kart: Double Dash! there for half the Canadian price!

You don't have free health care in the U.S., but boy is your sales tax low. :P

New York has low taxes!? You poor thing, you must be dying in Canada

I guess since buying games is a narrow topic, what about sports teams and clubs for you guys?

In high school I was on yearbook my senior year (total joke, the advisor picked favorites the month before school started and ignored the rest of us) and I ran outdoor track all through high school as well as winter track my last two years. Very fun stuff; although I always felt in shape, running makes you lose weight most of the time so I never gained much muscle. XD And that's even sprinting, not distance, though I am planning on doing some 5k runs this summer.

Honestly, though, the team itself was one of the best experiences everrr. Winter track senior year I went to Brown, Yale, and other big schools for sweet invitationals, and spring track I actually managed to win a ton of medals. They're pretty :3

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Oh wow you never been to one? Its amazing! Ok go here to see the logo. Maybe you saw it but never caught the name!
    http://www.target.com/
    I absolutely love the stores. Thanks to my aunt she went there and got me collectors edition sword and shield of the legend of zelda. Its freaking amazing and sitting on my wall on a plaque. I pawn do i not?

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • V_A said:
    New York has low taxes!? You poor thing, you must be dying in Canada
    Haha, your tax is about half of ours, XDD. I remember being at a Wal-Mart in Massena, NY, and asking what the sales tax was in New York. This guy said it was like 6 or 7%, and then he apologized about it! I didn't say anything about it to him, but I was rofl'ing in my mind. At the time the sales tax in Ontario was 15%. :P

Oh wow you never been to one? Its amazing! Ok go here to see the logo. Maybe you saw it but never caught the name!
    http://www.target.com/
    I absolutely love the stores. Thanks to my aunt she went there and got me collectors edition sword and shield of the legend of zelda. Its freaking amazing and sitting on my wall on a plaque. I pawn do i not?
    Nope. I can't say I've seen that logo anywhere. XDD

And on V_A's topic, I never participated in any high school sports teams. However, I was on Reach For The Top, a trivia group of which Alex Trebek used to be a member of. XD

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • I don't like most Walmart stores for no reason. Butbutbut there was this one Walmart that I went in when I was eleven after a long drive to Virginia! It was called a Super Walmart andandand I SWEAR it was as big as a large middle school. I couldn't even see the other side of it and it had everything. I kind of miss that Walmart. :33;

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • I don't like most Walmart stores for no reason. Butbutbut there was this one Walmart that I went in when I was eleven after a long drive to Virginia! It was called a Super Walmart andandand I SWEAR it was as big as a large middle school. I couldn't even see the other side of it and it had everything. I kind of miss that Walmart. :33;

All walmarts are like that now. The pretty much "discontinued" Super Walmarts and upgraded all the existing regular Walmarts.

At least that's how it is in Florida.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Meh...I never go to Wal-Mart anyway. It's too far away from my house to be of any use...Plus it's nothing special. Just a really huge store with low prices XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back