• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Well I do like Costco and Target. But Wall-mart's the place for low prices. Heh, most of what you buy nowadays is from China, so no need to pick stores...Anywayz as I said before...I suck at sports. =P

You don't have free health care in the U.S., but boy is your sales tax low. :P
    So true...And the Canadian Liberals wanted to tax Carbon. XD
    And the Democrats are too spineless to impose an energy tax to fund Energy Independence here in the US. =P *Shot by ze NeoCons*
    We need some Health Care Reform, especially since jobs are dropping like flies. Corporations are at a disadvantage with that health burden. D=

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Well I don't know what Sam's is, but if they have free things, I'll have to pay them a visit! Although I don't think we have any in NY =/

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Aura may i ask where in new york are you? Just wondering as i know the 5 boroughs and long island pretty well!
    Anyway no i dont think NY has any sams as i know of(i dunno maybe in the 3 years i have been gone 1-2 opened)but wallmats are huge there. Seriously the one i went to by rosevelt field mall was one of those no end wallmarts. I got lost in it once. But i perfer target or mega target(the mega targets are quite litteraly mega i mean as big as wallmart) as it has a lot of exclusive things. And the wallmart i went to had subways while the mega target had taco bell. But i think the regular old target near queens center mall beats em all as it has(maybe had if it closed down!) an outback steakhouse and a best buy near it. But it has 2 floors so yeah maybe its the best i have been 2.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Oh I'm well north of the city...I live about 3 hours upstate in Saratoga Springs. It's about 45 minutes north of Albany. (Don't you stalkers come after me now XD)

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Or you could just say you live upstate XD Anyway ah sam's club! Now i get what you are talking about. Nope none in new york but for sure there is one in Massachusetts.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I suppose the closest thing we have to Sam's is BJ's....which is pretty much the same type of wholesale membership kind of thing. We still never go there though =P

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • We have a Sam's Club and a Costco here :> We have a membership at Costco, though we almost never go XD It's in a terrible location, so meh.

We used to have a BJ's, but it closed :[

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Ah, there is a BJ's in Massena, but I don't think I've ever been inside it before. XD

Usually when we go down there, it's for lunch or something. We usually only stop at Wal-Mart or Sears, XD.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • BJs are actually closing in a lot of places, they aren't doing too well right now. And since it's a membership store, my family stopped going after they pumped the cost of membership up like six or seven years ago. Wow..I can't believe it's been that long. I hate growing up..

Sam's Club, yeah, they're owned by Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart sells a bunch of stuff at lower prices from the Club, but we have no Sam's stores specifically in upper New York.

Target is a classier store with, usually, somewhat higher prices but never too high. It's also kept much more clean and has a more personal home-shopping touch to it than the fluorescent blinding of Wal-Mart. And they carry a better video game section, IMO. Haha. Not to mention I have a 10% discount (which really oughta be higher for employees >_>).

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I actually live just down the street from both a Wal-Mart and a Costco. Wal-Mart's good for a few things, but it's too crowded for my tastes; my family used to have a Costco membership, but it lapsed long ago. There are a few Sam's Clubs in central California last I checked, but all I know is that they're very far from where I live. Also, as far as I know, the BJ's franchise doesn't even exist in this part of the United States.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    We got a Sam's, Super Wal-Mart, and two regular Wal-Marts where I live. I heard we were getting a Costco, but I think that fell through. I been to Costco when I was in New Jersey with my family visiting. And I loved that store. I think I liked it better than Sam's. I hope sometime we will get a Costco. Sam's will have some competition. XD

I don't have a membership with Sam's because it is $35 a year, and I probably won't use it. Sam's is too far where I live anyway. It is about 10-20 minutes away, if I take the freeway. The long way 25-30 minutes. It isn't worth it at all. You still need to use your own money to get stuff! Which I don't understand that. Why have a membership if you can't get the items with that. There should be a discount if you are a member. Like 20%-30% on selected items in the store.

And the Super Wal-Mart is right where Sam's is at too. So I don't go to that one either. Unless I really need something and I couldn't find it in the regular Wal-Mart.

Last edited:

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • Totally offtopic but your username reminded me of this Utada...

...the japanese singer Hikaur Utadta was featured on Kidd Kraddick in the morning (a syndicated morning radio talk show) with Gabriella Cilimi and Krista. It was a segment called "Music that makes you cooler" and I was like hey...lol...why is she on this...she is like insanely popular...it was like a segment to bring people into the light about uknown or little know artists....but then I realized that she really is barely known in the US...same for Gabriella Cilimi (sp? lol) her song Sweet about Me was like a mega hit in the UK and Austrauila (seriously I can't spell today)

Anyway, my point is, dont you guys think that is sucks that everyone can't be exposed to great music like theirs just because of the country they live it. Like I have a couple of british friends and until like very recently they had no ideo who John Mayer was...lol

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Totally offtopic but your username reminded me of this Utada...

...the japanese singer Hikaur Utadta was featured on Kidd Kraddick in the morning (a syndicated morning radio talk show) with Gabriella Cilimi and Krista. It was a segment called "Music that makes you cooler" and I was like hey...lol...why is she on this...she is like insanely popular...it was like a segment to bring people into the light about uknown or little know artists....but then I realized that she really is barely known in the US...same for Gabriella Cilimi (sp? lol) her song Sweet about Me was like a mega hit in the UK and Austrauila (seriously I can't spell today)

Anyway, my point is, dont you guys think that is sucks that everyone can't be exposed to great music like theirs just because of the country they live it. Like I have a couple of british friends and until like very recently they had no ideo who John Mayer was...lol

Wow. Yeah she did try to be well known in the US, but it didn't happen. So I think after high school, she moved to Japan(this is when she was still a teenager). And she is huge there. I just wish they gave her a chance. D: I love her music so much. I did hear that she is trying to make a another English album here. I hope she will break the barrier this time. Yes it totally sucks that great artists in other countries can't be exposed here. I feel the same way. They should have the same rights as the musicians here.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I actually live just down the street from both a Wal-Mart and a Costco. Wal-Mart's good for a few things, but it's too crowded for my tastes; my family used to have a Costco membership, but it lapsed long ago. There are a few Sam's Clubs in central California last I checked, but all I know is that they're very far from where I live. Also, as far as I know, the BJ's franchise doesn't even exist in this part of the United States.
    Walmart is almost down the street about,And Costco takes a little ride to get there but it's worth it,they have such great deals there,is where I get most of my cool electronics. Utada love your new theme btw.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Man, that is awesome! Yeah I noticed that Costco have a electronic section. It is pretty nice. I remember seeing it when I was with my family. Dang, I hope we get one in Corpus sometime. And one that close to where I live. XD

Awww, thank you! I finally found out how to do those rounded corners. I think this is the best theme I made. I used a tutorial though. Man, I would be lost if it isn't for tutorials. XD

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Totally offtopic but your username reminded me of this Utada...

Well I know who both Utada and Gabriella are. And I'm a fan of each's music. =P

But then again, I'm Canadian....but heh, neither are insanely popular around here, either. I just make a point of listening to music from other countries' charts. It's a good way to do it, actually, as you find more of what you like. The U.S. has too much rap now, anyway.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Yeah pretty much we got too much rap. Everyone is liking Lil'Wayne and Soulja Boy...why? I am glad Britney Spears and Beyonce are still around. And others as well. *sigh* I remember music was great back in the 80s-mid 2000s(any kind of genre). Now I just wish other countries can break that barrier that is the US. Well techno made it here. I want Japanese music to make to mainstream as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back