• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    For some estimated 90% of the population of affected countries, this will just be something they saw on the news a few times and never actually experienced.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    It reached Ireland on Monday night, I think. Didn't help that my science teacher decided to tell us all how easily it'd be for the virus to spread and how much damage it could do. Four tested negative, one tested positive. He's being held in isolation, I believe.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    What o_o The newspaper says there's one confirmed case in Australia...?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Greece just got a scare yesterday. A girl came to Thessaloniki from Italy and she had an illness. Thank god it wasn't swine flu like assumed. If it was good god i would be flipping our more then i am about next week game announcement for Pokemon. :D

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Hahahaha. People down here in west texas are so jittery about the 'epidemic' that some people jump when you say 'swine flu'. XD

Fortunately, there have been no reported cases of it in my area. I still think it's quite amusing though that flu viruses are finding ways to infect not only us, but other creatures as well. x3

I wonder where all these new virus strains are coming from though. It does seem a little odd.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    I'm just curious if the H1N1 in Australia and Greece are the same strains of H1N1 in Mexico and America...if not, that's really creepy o_o;

Wonder if they'll stop airplanes or something eventually.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    I kinda actually think it's stupid that they're stopping planes.. like.. people need to get -home-.. some people can't afford to live weeks off of hotels.

Edit: Perhaps maybe they should just start screening people or something. I dunno.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I blame the world for letting something like this happen. Anyway I dunno if the flu got here or not. If that girl did have it and more people are out there in my city with it I am scared. So scared that I might just skip school. Nah kidding. But if they close schools then the exams are finished. No one can write as we haven't gotten the chapters we need to read. Unless they screw our summer and makes us write in July. Oh great.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    My family and I are going to visit Cambodia for one month when school's over.

Do any of you think that Cambodia is infected? :0

Joe Biden? What did he do?

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    If they stop planes I blame Joe Biden and his paranoia.

Governments all over are paranoid about it. How in the world do you soley blame Biden? :|

I blame the world for letting something like this happen. Anyway I dunno if the flu got here or not. If that girl did have it and more people are out there in my city with it I am scared. So scared that I might just skip school. Nah kidding. But if they close schools then the exams are finished. No one can write as we haven't gotten the chapters we need to read. Unless they screw our summer and makes us write in July. Oh great.

You blame the world for a virus? XD That's the silliest thing I've heard today! If we knew how to stop every virus, wouldn't that be great!

Psychic*Absol

Psychic Student
    Years
    Well, here in Germany, we have eight cases last time I checked, with most of them being tourists from Mexico.
    Am I scared? No. Even the guys who got the flu from another human being here in Germany are okay again by now, so everyone who thinks this is the new apocalypse, calm down. >>

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    You blame the world for a virus? XD That's the silliest thing I've heard today! If we knew how to stop every virus, wouldn't that be great!
    *claps*
    She has a point ya'll.
    > . >
    I'm not stressing too much over it. It's an illness. They frreaked over the bird flu, they freaked over the common cold when it was first diagnosed, and now they freak over this. Take your vitamins, and be happy, not paranoid.
    o.o

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back