• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I didn't mean to say France was dead. I'm just saying that they fought until Germany absolutely got past their borders which in a World War was very bad.

France doesn't give a crap about the U.S., but they'll help each other until this world ends. :)

Lucent

✿ border of life
    Years
    Which in this case will be in 2012 *shot for speaking of a certain superstition* I believe in good luck, not bad luck XD

Mm, and with H1N1 going around now... Let's just hope it doesn't kill too many people...

Ah, seeing all these Yoko themes is pure win <3 All of them are just so smexy <3

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I don't care how cheap they bought it, but I got an 85% discount, so I wouldn't care about anything.

btw, you mean 80c.

p and c are different. xD
    Just making conversation, not trying to make you care about anything.

BTW, you mean ¢.

I didn't mean to say France was dead. I'm just saying that they fought until Germany absolutely got past their borders which in a World War was very bad.
    The border was crossed in a matter of hours, and France was taken in weeks. Its military commanders and other leaders ended up collaborating with Germany or going into exile. Though the Free French in the south were never conquered, their villages were routinely burned.

Last edited:

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I think we should have everyone post in this thread like last time. That was pretty fun. XD
    The border was crossed in a matter of hours, and France was taken in weeks. Its military commanders and other leaders ended up collaborating with Germany or going into exile. Though the Free French in the south were never conquered, their villages were routinely burned.
    Well that sucks...

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    From my knowledge, France was France and wasn't really controlled by anything.

You know, if you really look at it, Europe pretty much ruled the world at one point except for U.S and China. Spain had control of like 90% of the U.S though, and a large majority of South America, whilst Britain...had the 13 colonies and probably Africa.
    Northern France was under direct German control; southern France was ruled by a puppet government with its capital in Vichy (hence, Vichy France).

90% is a very gross overestimate of the amount of territory in the modern-day United States that Spain controlled. Britain also controlled Canada and various Caribbean islands, though it only had dominion over parts of Africa.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Spain, Portugal, and Britain were the super powers of those times.

Britian had most of Africa, Australia, Canada, several Asian islands, parts of U.S., and several Carribean islands. Portugal had Brazil and a few African countries; also I believe they are the ones who discovered Australia. Spain had South America, Central America, western US, and the rest of the Carribean islands.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Spain was ahead of its time, murdering other European armies with its Tercio formations and having a superior navy (also being in the best geographical location to launch fleets at the Americas). They landed in Mexico and the north of South America where all the gold, chocolate and tabacco was. France and England came in north of New Spain, and Portugal further south, with the Dutch taking a few of the Caribbean Islands. Sweden and many others also had their own colonies but I don't know what became of them.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Why are there so much talks of war and European countries' power.

Let's be more positive. Who here like cookies? My favorite kind is chocolate-chip. :3

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Everybody tends to get on the negative side of things, I guess. I mean, we went from talking about Mickey Mouse and friends to chatting about the second world war. How does that even happen? XDD

Though I guess it is human nature to see the bad things around them. If you ever see a newspaper headline referring to something nice that happened, it's usually because absolutely nothing bad has happened. You cannot say this the other way around. =P

And on the topic of cookies, I like Fudgee-O's. XD

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather have cake than cookies. (Unless they were awesomely irresistible and delicious cookies xD)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back