• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I had a few Pokemon cards when I was in grade seven, but I wasn't really a fan. I just played the games. XD

As for Yugioh, I never got interested in it. Though my brother did, and he's making quite a bit of money off of them now, heh. Eighteen blue-eyes white dragons, he has. (And yeah, despite the name, it's actually a blue dragon with white eyes, lulz.)

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I had a few Pokemon cards when I was in grade seven, but I wasn't really a fan. I just played the games. XD

As for Yugioh, I never got interested in it. Though my brother did, and he's making quite a bit of money off of them now, heh. Eighteen blue-eyes white dragons, he has. (And yeah, despite the name, it's actually a blue dragon with white eyes, lulz.)
    They got that black dragon one right though, didn't they? :P

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I liked Yu-Gi-Oh! for the anime and manga rather than the card game. I still played casually with my brother and often enjoyed the games on GBA but otherwise just collected them. XD;

I never really played Pokemon though. A friend and I both picked up a deck in grade 11 but our friends wouldn't let us play at the lunch table so we never really did. :'( And when I was a kid I didn't know how to play until the TCG came out on GB. I'd love to see a sequel to that. I think it was the first game I ever *completed*. XD;

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
    Same here, but my school said that they banned Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh! cards, but I must say that they lied to their own students.

FalconJoker

Joking with the Devil
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    Oooh, Wifi card battles. That's something I might be able to get in to =P

Ya know why? Cause us smart peoples would prefer to pay a one time price and get all the cards, rather then continue to shell out money for booster decks.

It's also probably the reason why they haven't made another card game, they're still probably making a **** ton of money from kids buying cards. Though honestly, I'm pretty sure they'd make a killing if they made the game too. *shrugs* Up to them really, but I for one would love a DS card game!!

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Ya know why? Cause us smart peoples would prefer to pay a one time price and get all the cards, rather then continue to shell out money for booster decks.

It's also probably the reason why they haven't made another card game, they're still probably making a **** ton of money from kids buying cards. Though honestly, I'm pretty sure they'd make a killing if they made the game too. *shrugs* Up to them really, but I for one would love a DS card game!!

Lol, darn right \o/

Either way, they'll be making money I'm sure =P

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    I never got interested in the Pokemon card game... I collected a few, but was getting ready to sell my rare ones. But then my mom found them and gave them to my grandma so she could sell them in her garage sale.

I remember playing the Yu-Gi-Oh PC games; those were really fun to me. I got one of them for seven dollars and played it for hours until I left it on a plane.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    The actual Yu-Gi-Oh card game seems...way too complicated. O___O

I remember watching the first season of the anime when it was on cartoon network though ;D

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I liked Yu-Gi-Oh! for the anime and manga rather than the card game. I still played casually with my brother and often enjoyed the games on GBA but otherwise just collected them. XD;

I never really played Pokemon though. A friend and I both picked up a deck in grade 11 but our friends wouldn't let us play at the lunch table so we never really did. :'( And when I was a kid I didn't know how to play until the TCG came out on GB. I'd love to see a sequel to that. I think it was the first game I ever *completed*. XD;
    I just noticed that your age is twenty now. Was it your birthday recently?

I still need to find prices on some of my cards. xD

devilicious

dream
    Years
    The actual Yu-Gi-Oh card game seems...way too complicated. O___O

I remember watching the first season of the anime when it was on cartoon network though ;D

Too bad the first season... doesn't follow the actual card game's rules, lol.

Besides Yu-Gi-Oh!, I've played the Pokémon TCG (for a looooong time- I stopped just like two years ago) and some of Magic the Gathering.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    I never understood Magic the Gathering. That seemed too complicated; I caught onto Yu-Gi-Oh really quickly with my PC games. When a computer won't let you do it, you know it's an illegal move and you learn from there.

I watched the YGO anime for a few years... I think I stopped watching after that one virtual reality arc with Noah. I never got back into it, though.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    The first season of YuGiOh was awesome. I still remember that Black Chaos Magician or whatever it's called beat that big eye thing. xD

FalconJoker

Joking with the Devil
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    Ya know, still on the subject of cards. I'm still waiting for the Pokemon series to incorporate the TCG into the show. I just have this feeling it'll come eventually. XD

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    It'd be really bizarre if they did. xD

And, remember, types and stats don't really matter as much in the show as they do in the TCG, so so there would be a lot of arguing.

"It does 60 damage!"
    "But you can train a Butterfree so it takes no damage from a Thundershock!"
    "It says on the cards -"
    "I don't bloody care!"
    *Argument goes on*

Or something along those lines; it'd be funny to watch, though. xD

FalconJoker

Joking with the Devil
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    Something I've noticed on the forums and with the advent of HG/SS coming out... does anyone else find Gen 2 series over rated? All I hear is how great it is and how it's everyone's favorite generation.

-I- personally love Gen 4, with the first gen a close second. Otherwise, didn't really care for the 2nd or 3rd. Matter of fact, 3rd generation kinda killed what little love I had left over from Gen 2. Gen 4 is what re-ignited my love and brought me back :P

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    The whole hype for HG/SS may stem from nostalgia, I think, including in my case. Looking back, there aren't many Pokemon I actually liked in Gen 2, but it does have my two absolute favorites (Espeon & Umbreon) as natives. I just remember it as one of my favorite games when I was little. I'm only hoping Johto is as good as I remember...

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
    Dude, gen 2 introduced some of my absolute favorite pokemon; Scizor, Umbreon, Crobat, Tyranitar, Donphan, etc. Plus, it introduced the whole day/night feature into pokemon, which I just thought was awesome back in the day.

I'll definitely be picking up SS.

FalconJoker

Joking with the Devil
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    Not saying I'm not picking up a copy, just saying, seems to be over hyped :P Though hey, this time around it'll probably be awesome. I'll be picking up Soul Silver myself (hate the name Heart Gold).

devilicious

dream
    Years
    Gold and Silver were too easy, and limited by the Gameboy's bad processor. Most of the 2nd Generation Pokémon are pretty stupid/worthless, too.

So yes, I agree that there's an overhype.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back