• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.

*hylian*sakura*

Rawr~ =3
    Years
    I dunno.
    I think most of the Pokemon games are pretty fun. I think gen three was my personal fave, with the introduction to Contests and pokeblock and stuff that just upped the experience. But Silver was my first game, and I remember it being pretty fun...

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Gold and Silver were too easy, and limited by the Gameboy's bad processor. Most of the 2nd Generation Pokémon are pretty stupid/worthless, too.

So yes, I agree that there's an overhype.
    Well i agree its very very hyped maybe a bit too much too soon but i dont think its uncalled for i mean it was an epic game for a lot of people because compared to b/r/y it was amazing when you think about it.
    Its really about people trying to relive some fond memories from possibly their peak of pokemon gaming because i think it was just a great game for its time but if you compare it to Platinum it isnt at all good.
    When it is remade it will be re-throned.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    GENERATION TWO IS WHAT BROUGHT POKEMON BACK!

My favorite Pokemon from that generation are: Tyrogue, Scizor, Espeon, Suicine, and Kingdra.

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
    I looked on Google and I saw some pictures of SoulSiver and HeartGold and it looks like to me that it's going to be like Pokemon Silver, Pokemon Gold, and Pokemon Yellow.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Introduced Kingdra and Umbreon, gotta love 'em. <3

Gen II kicked major ass. Can't wait to get both remakes.

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
    Yes, when I saw the two new forms of Eevee, I just had to get Umbreon. I must say that Pokemon HeatGold and Pokemon SoulSiver will be the best remake of all Pokemon games.

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
    I used to do that, but when I bought two more Nintendo DS's, I've been playing and beating the Pokemon games constantly for Pokemon.

Years
    I should probably do that. It's a pretty good idea. I kinda did that, but I made the restarted game my perma-game, then restarted the other. Endless cycle.

So, how was y'all's day?

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    GENERATION TWO IS WHAT BROUGHT POKEMON BACK!

My favorite Pokemon from that generation are: Tyrogue, Scizor, Espeon, Suicine, and Kingdra.

Generation two was my fave generation as well. Scizor, Espeon, Umbreon, Kingdra and Houndoom were all immense Pokémon, very solid inclusions ^^

Wish I could get HG/SS, or at least try them. I doubt i'd get both anyway if I could. I've always been the sort of person who picks one or the other (I chose Silver originally).

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I only played Gold once. I'm not sure what it was I liked so much about it. I had played Blue and Yellow many times. I'm sure that was the case with a lot of people (add Red Version in there) during the height of Pokemania. We were familiar with all the Pokemon, we knew the land, the characters, etc.

I don't know really how second generation stands up to the rest. And everything I like about just may be based on pure nostalgia. But, I think a key factor in what made it so popular and memorable is that it took what we loved and made it new. It was like an alternate version of Pokemon. A new land, new characters, new items, new Pokemon, plus all the old stuff we knew and loved.

Not that the version since haven't done that, but...it did it first and that's what makes it memorable.

That's often the case with many games. Innovation (or at least the first time something new is tried) is often more memorable than evolution in games (ie.: most sequels) even if the sequels are actually better than their predecessors. If it's not the first time you experience "the magic" then it does nothing for you.

Years
    i think the amount of content of generation II made it so popular, I mean you have two regions, two sets of gym battles, and the battle tower in crystal.

JAD0109

Osu!
    Years
    I really liked Generation II. Crystal was definitely by far my favorite, and I think I enjoyed it more than any in Gen III.

I guess it could've been the difference in style and content from Gen I, but I'm not sure.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    My favourites are always the latest games, really. And I go back and play the older games periodically. xD

But I must admit, Johto was awesome. Hopefully not less awesome than this GSDS hype is making it, but meh, I won't mind either way. ^_^

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    I remember I loved everything about Johto. I think the anime was at its best in Johto and the G, S, and C games were very much enjoyable. I think the remake will be a great success.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    That's why the Johto games are so anticipated. Most people's favourite aspect of Pokemon was Johto, I know it was certainly mine. I cant wait till Heart Gold and Soul Silver come out, I know it will be a huge success for Nintendo.

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    It'll be a sucess for them if they have worked on all the little minor things that people complain about. They have to get everything minor done if they are to suceed with Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back