• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Western Canada > Eastern Canada

XD >.>

That's too bad that your teachers were biased... Those are the worst kind of teachers. I mean like if you write an essay, on an opposing view of there's, and correctly defend it, some teachers may still give you a low mark.
    That's what I was afraid of, at my last school I was known for writing huge essays on the ethics of Religion, gay rights, things like that. If I stayed in those gifted classes I would get an F for even mentioning gay rights and the things I said about Religion which I wont repeat in a forum.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Wow, really? :( I think I wrote an essay on gay marriage in grade 9 for Religion class and actually got a really good grade on it even though I disagreed with the Catholic view (I went to a Catholic high school). I always lucked out and got good, level-headed religion teachers though. >_< I don't know what I would've done if I'd had to deal with any who wouldn't listen to other viewpoints.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Wow, really? :( I think I wrote an essay on gay marriage in grade 9 for Religion class and actually got a really good grade on it even though I disagreed with the Catholic view (I went to a Catholic high school). I always lucked out and got good, level-headed religion teachers though. >_< I don't know what I would've done if I'd had to deal with any who wouldn't listen to other viewpoints.
    My last school was a Catholic High School, the teachers except for some were super-liberals. I found that funny. Also, ironically a lot of students were Atheists. They said "The best way to become an Atheist is to go to a Catholic school." Which I thought was funny. Also makes me think they don't know what Atheism really is..

@Cookie: Haha, that's so much harder. :P

Bagel

Live Long, laugh forever
    Years
    My college is already paid for, since my dad is in the military i get to go to college with a discount, but we have to pay full for my siblings.

Why is it so exspensive!!I want to get a good carrier in Journalism but i dont even think the money the Miliatary gives us will cover the exspenses.

Cherrim

Years
    My last school was a Catholic High School, the teachers except for some were super-liberals. I found that funny. Also, ironically a lot of students were Atheists. They said "The best way to become an Atheist is to go to a Catholic school." Which I thought was funny. Also makes me think they don't know what Atheism really is..

@Cookie: Haha, that's so much harder. :P
    My school was super liberal too. Even some of the teachers who you'd expect to be REALLY conservative and strict about social issues (read: French teachers I was talking about yesterday xD) would turn out to be so accepting of stuff. o_O; It was really weird sometimes. But we had quite a few "out" gays in our school who were the really obvious, flamboyant type (like the ones you can just TELL are gay before they even open their mouths to prove their lisp xD) and they were the favourites of like every teacher, ahaha.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I have to pay full for college because no one in my family has a good job. I might be able to get it cheaper if I say I live with my Step-mom because she is on disability and her children go to college for free but even if I do live there I wont go for free since I have..an actual mom.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Hmmm my english teacher, I don't think was a feminist but she did really like my feminist essay in regards to a poem. XD

Back in my early days of essay writing, I'd write to only prove a certain small thing, or whatever, so they weren't that spectacular, now however, it is more fun and challenging to get the right words.

Funnily enough, I was just at a site where they were expressing concern about a creationist-value college, and that among other requirements to pass, they needed to troll the internet, creating 10 posts as to arguing why creationism is the only right thing in the world...

Lol I have family in Quebec but Ontario is too Liberal for me XD >.> (No, not American Liberal, Canadian Liberal is your Moderate).

Bagel

Live Long, laugh forever
    Years
    Ive been going to Private Baptist schools my whole life. I'm considered a 'rebel' since i cuss occasionaly and pull pranks on fellow students. People there are so strict, but someteachers are very loose and easy.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    My school was super liberal too. Even some of the teachers who you'd expect to be REALLY conservative and strict about social issues (read: French teachers I was talking about yesterday xD) would turn out to be so accepting of stuff. o_O; It was really weird sometimes. But we had quite a few "out" gays in our school who were the really obvious, flamboyant type (like the ones you can just TELL are gay before they even open their mouths to prove their lisp xD) and they were the favourites of like every teacher, ahaha.
    Haha, that sounds like a good school.

My last school..I was the only gay guy, but basically every girl was bisexual. Made me angry. D:<

Cherrim

Years
    Hmmm my english teacher, I don't think was a feminist but she did really like my feminist essay in regards to a poem. XD

Back in my early days of essay writing, I'd write to only prove a certain small thing, or whatever, so they weren't that spectacular, now however, it is more fun and challenging to get the right words.

Funnily enough, I was just at a site where they were expressing concern about a creationist-value college, and that among other requirements to pass, they needed to troll the internet, creating 10 posts as to arguing why creationism is the only right thing in the world...

Lol I have family in Quebec but Ontario is too Liberal for me XD >.> (No, not American Liberal, Canadian Liberal is your Moderate).
    Ah. :( Well, I'm pretty damn liberal (though fffffff don't like our liberal party right now) so I'm pretty content.

And... and... what? Required to troll to enter the college? That's either really epic or absolutely horrible. Probably both.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Ah. :( Well, I'm pretty damn liberal (though fffffff don't like our liberal party right now) so I'm pretty content.

And... and... what? Required to troll to enter the college? That's either really epic or absolutely horrible. Probably both.

I'm more conservative myself, but I still expect certain "liberal" things. Like gay rights among other things, so perhaps I am closer to moderate, but still a bit on the conservative side...

Then again I'd love to live in a 'father knows best' state. Authoritarianism ftw. XD

Well they don't say troll, but that is the nice way of putting it, because that is what they are doing. They don't mention that they have to follow up on their post (much less prove it), and they only need to really copy and paste from some scripture.

https://tech.slashdot.org/story/09/08/10/1237245/College-Credits-For-Trolling-the-Web?from=rss

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I am probably one of the most liberal people in my entire state. :/

Yesterday I found out one of the biggest anti-government militias in the U.S. is in my state. They formed because there is a democratic african-american President. :| I am so proud.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I am probably one of the most liberal people in my entire state. :/

Yesterday I found out one of the biggest anti-government militias in the U.S. is in my state. They formed because there is a democratic african-american President. :| I am so proud.

There are also minute men that patrol the US border. Essentially the are a militia against illegal aliens. Vigilantes pretty much.

Bagel

Live Long, laugh forever
    Years
    Ctep is proud of anything and everything that shares atleast a little of his beliefs.

change your sig and avy back to Zach quinto please. I had gotten used to imaging you looking like him. your new sig just screws up my image of you.

Cherrim

Years
    I'm more conservative myself, but I still expect certain "liberal" things. Like gay rights among other things, so perhaps I am closer to moderate, but still a bit on the conservative side...

Then again I'd love to live in a 'father knows best' state. Authoritarianism ftw. XD

Well they don't say troll, but that is the nice way of putting it, because that is what they are doing. They don't mention that they have to follow up on their post (much less prove it), and they only need to really copy and paste from some scripture.

https://tech.slashdot.org/story/09/08/10/1237245/College-Credits-For-Trolling-the-Web?from=rss
    To be fair, whether you align conservatively or liberally in Canada, the country is still fairly liberal as a whole. Especially compared to the US. :3 Everyone just gets along, you know? XD;

And woooow. I certainly hope that's not an official degree-giving school but I'm sure it probably is. That's horrible.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Ctep is proud of anything and everything that shares atleast a little of his beliefs.

change your sig and avy back to Zach quinto please. I had gotten used to imaging you looking like him. your new sig just screws up my image of you.
    Wow, I want to stab you. D: I am not a super-conservative militia group who also are Neo-Nazis. I hate them, I was being sarcastic when I said I am so proud. :|

Cherrim

Years
    I didn't pick up on the sarcasm until I read it again and realized I was really confused when taking it seriously. XD;

Bagel

Live Long, laugh forever
    Years
    Yay's i made Ctep mad! I knew that Ctep i was joking to. You are part of the candian goverment though remember. your trying to take over japan.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    To be fair, whether you align conservatively or liberally in Canada, the country is still fairly liberal as a whole. Especially compared to the US. :3 Everyone just gets along, you know? XD;

And woooow. I certainly hope that's not an official degree-giving school but I'm sure it probably is. That's horrible.

Trust me, there are more outspoken ones. Such as the a website where they review games (calling them secular games), and saying how demonically evil they are (among them is tetris). Needless to say, they also review Christian games.

If you also want your sanity saved, don't watch Jesus Camp.

Myself, I have my faith, but what they are up to, has no good intentions whatsoever...

Yeah I like how Canada is a bit nicer as a whole. Though of course, when I've gone travelling to the US, I always meet nice Americans, even if they didn't know we get the same television programs as them (among other things) XD >.>

A lot of Aussies recognized my accent as Canadian. And apparently, if while travelling someone mistakens a Canadian for an American, well that's not a good thing, while vice versa, it sort of is. The same thing is for Aussies and Kiwis, Kiwis hate it when they are thought to be Aussies, and Aussies not so much.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I didn't pick up on the sarcasm until I read it again and realized I was really confused when taking it seriously. XD;
    You thought I was proud of a super-republican idiotic group of racists, sexists, and homophobes? ;o;
    Yay's i made Ctep mad! I knew that Ctep i was joking to. You are part of the candian goverment though remember. your trying to take over japan.
    D:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back