• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Lol, that's when I reread it and went "ooooh, I get it."
    Yeah I like how Canada is a bit nicer as a whole. Though of course, when I've gone travelling to the US, I always meet nice Americans, even if they didn't know we get the same television programs as them (among other things) XD >.>

A lot of Aussies recognized my accent as Canadian. And apparently, if while travelling someone mistakens a Canadian for an American, well that's not a good thing, while vice versa, it sort of is. The same thing is for Aussies and Kiwis, Kiwis hate it when they are thought to be Aussies, and Aussies not so much.
    Oh there are plenty of nice Americans--some of my family's American friends are some of the nicest people we've ever met but... augh, I don't even know. :( When you hear about some of the stuff in the US it just makes me so glad I live in Canada--like all this recent commotion over a universal health care system and how the media is blowing it all out of proportion and so many people are believing it and going crazy and town hall meetings. I don't like to use the word but so many people just seem so ignorant of a lot of things. :( And the split between conservative and liberal is SO huge down there--like there's absolutely no middle-ground or something; instead of compromising here and there, it's all or nothing. I dislike that.

I... I don't even know the difference between Aussies and Kiwis. What's a Kiwi? orz. ;_;

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    There are three kinds of people in the U.S.:

1. Very nice, polite, and genorous people. Very little of these are left. 10% of Americans
    2. Very rude, obnoxious, close-minded, self-center and idiotic people. 80% of America in these days. >:
    3. People who are usually nice, but if you get on their bad side you're in for hell. AKA me. The other 10%.

Bagel

Live Long, laugh forever
    Years
    I'm a mixture of 2 and 3. more 3 then 2.

Americans are good, i like japanese people better though.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023

I... I don't even know the difference between Aussies and Kiwis. What's a Kiwi? orz. ;_;

Bad lightning bad!

Kiwis is a nick name for New Zealanders.

---

I'd wish people would elect or even try to vote for a third party in the US, not just wholy depending on the two.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    My Art teacher was from Japan, he was so awesome. : 3 He's the only Japanese person I met though so I cant really say anything about Japanese people..

Cherrim

Years
    Ohhh, wait I did know that then. Though I still doubt I'd be able to tell the difference. v_v;

And I agree--the US should really have at least one more option. Two parties having a monopoly on everything really does just serve to create unnecessary divisions.

As for Japanese people... the only one I've ever really known was my aforementioned Japanese teacher who was super cool and would bring us back presents when she went to Japan. :>

Bagel

Live Long, laugh forever
    Years
    Gwah! this topic is giving me a headache. can we talk about tv please, id rather not talk about politics and races for once.

Though i love japanese people.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Ask a New Zealander and a Australian to say 'Fish and Chips' and you'll be able to tell the difference. ;)

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Ohhh, wait I did know that then. Though I still doubt I'd be able to tell the difference. v_v;

And I agree--the US should really have at least one more option. Two parties having a monopoly on everything really does just serve to create unnecessary divisions.

As for Japanese people... the only one I've ever really known was my aforementioned Japanese teacher who was super cool and would bring us back presents when she went to Japan. :>
    The US does need more than two parties, however saying those two parties are a monopoly contradicts the definition of a monopoly by itself. A monopoly is when a single thing (company, person, etc) owns everything in that market. Like, if Apple was the only place you could get music players from that would be a monopoly. But if there are two parties then that automatically makes it not a monopoly. On top of that, monopolies are illegal here, in any sense.

Cherrim

Years
    I don't mean a monopoly in the literal sense of the word, I guess. :( It's more of a mutual monopoly? Lmao I'm making up terms here, I know, but atm, voting independent is basically pointless unless enough people do it. Most people won't because they want their vote to count so they pick one of the 2 main parties, effectively giving them (together) a monopoly on politics. If that makes sense.

I... think. D: I'm not entirely sure how your political parties work.

But I'm pretty sure monopoly can be used in that sense? o_O; I know it often is when describing the communications industry here in Canada because there are only like 3 main companies that provide that sort of thing here and they've got a legal monopoly on the industry because of it and consumers end up suffering because they get away with so much. v_v

Cherrim

Years
    Boo, but I don't watch TV. :(

Oh well, I have to go do some actual work now anyway. ;;

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    What about politics on TV? XD

I have to go to New Zealand some day though, I was there for only 10 days, when I was returning to Canada, and didn't want to spend much money, because I was already low on funds from leaving Australia >.> XD

Bagel

Live Long, laugh forever
    Years
    We can talk about music. i always enjoy talking about my favorite songs-

'good girls go bad'

If you don't like the topic thats being discussed, then don't post in this thread. Go somewhere else, plz.

YOu have no right to tell me to go somewhere else. That is very rude.

Last edited:

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    Jeez, people, get off politics. When you're a non-politician and are associating yourself with politics publicly, well...you're pretty much saying "someone please hate me for no reason". Somebody change the subject please. ;_;

Cherrim

Years
    K BACK

...fine, no more politics for now.

But pro-tip to people changing the topic: you've gotta actually give us something substantial to talk about or else we'll ignore it. :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back