• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily-Chit Chat of 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.

iGaga

I'm your biggest fan
Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Nov 20, 2009
    It's that poem that appears in Twilight D8

But other than that, it's a pretty cool poem~

I say it'll end in ice :3
    Meh, I doubt it will end in ice.

This is because, global warming will end up causing an ice age (it always has in the past, it doesn't matter if man or nature is causing it.) And for the world to end in ice there would have to be another snowball earth event which wont happen because every billion years the sun heats up, and in about two billion years the habitable zone will be farther back then it is today and the oceans will evaporate. Note: I am not talking about the Red Giant.

So technically, the Earth is already set up to end in fire.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Meh, I doubt it will end in ice.

This is because, global warming will end up causing an ice age (it always has in the past, it doesn't matter if man or nature is causing it.) And for the world to end in ice there would have to be another snowball earth event which wont happen because every billion years the sun heats up, and in about two billion years the habitable zone will be farther back then it is today and the oceans will evaporate. Note: I am not talking about the Red Giant.

So technically, the Earth is already set up to end in fire.
    It won't end up in fire, It'll just be barren. Most of life would be gone.

iGaga

I'm your biggest fan
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Nov 20, 2009
    I agree. Why would the world end for no reason?
    Go read my last few posts before posting failure again.
    Ah, but who cares what it ends in? :3

My hope is that I'll be long dead before the world actually ends XD
    Indeed.

I want to laugh at the world from Hell. >: 3
    It won't end up in fire, It'll just be barren. Most of life would be gone.
    Then the Sun will expand and swallow Mercury, Venus, and Earth. Fire will destroy the Earth in the end.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    This is all completely hypothetical, especially considering that we usually tend to eff ourselves up more than nature ever will.

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    what's wrong with you people?!

I say neither, for the obvious reason of not wanting to be deceased anytime soon. ):

Fairy Tail

Nin-nin!
    Years
  • So, like I said, I'd like the world to end long after I'm dead. Whether it ends in fire, ice, or both XD

I'd preferably like to die in my sleep too, if anything. That way, I won't suddenly freeze up and die while awake. That seems rather scary ^^' A slow, painful death is even worse. And a quick death (like being shot in the brain), well... I wouldn't mind that, only I want to die in a natural way. No drugs used to put me to sleep, no bullet to the head... Yeah.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    ...There is a plot. You obviously have not seen it. The plot is the journey of humans through a disaster. It focuses on a family though. Also, it's a god damn Science FICTION movie. FICTION. FICTION. FICTION. Doesn't have to be true. If you think it has to have a scientific backbone you must hate 99.9% of movies. :/

Also, if it was a bad movie with no plot, it wouldn't get positive reviews. The only negative reviews are from idiots I already commented on.

Um, ~40% @ RottenTomatoes is that that great. :p

And whenever someone authors a work of fiction there is something called 'suspension of disbelief', meaning the reader must be convinced the fictional plot has enough elements that make sense so that they can read it without going "this is all baloney".

This movie just relies on special effects and doesn't even follow the nature of physics.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    The real problem with 2012 is that it focuses too much on the western United States. There's a reason why the entire Pacific Rim is called the Ring of Fire; why don't we get to see it all on fire? There are tons of volcanoes distributed throughout Chile, Mexico, western Canada, eastern Russia, Japan, the Philippines, Indonesia, New Zealand's North Island, and even Antarctica; why should Yellowstone have all the glory?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    The real problem with 2012 is that it focuses too much on the western United States. There's a reason why the entire Pacific Rim is called the Ring of Fire; why don't we get to see it all on fire? There are tons of volcanoes distributed throughout Chile, Mexico, western Canada, eastern Russia, Japan, the Philippines, Indonesia, New Zealand's North Island, and even Antarctica; why should Yellowstone have all the glory?
    Took the words right out of my mouth :O
    It should be focused on the whole world if it wanted to catch more viewers.

iGaga

I'm your biggest fan
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Nov 20, 2009
    Fun fact:

Did you know that the original date of destruction was in May 2003 but when nothing happened they moved the date to 12/21/2012 to coincide with the "end" of the Mayan Calender.

Did you know that the orignal Marklar of marklar was in Marklar 2003 but when marklar happened they moved the marklar to 12/21/2012 to coincided with the "marklar" of the Marklar.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Fun fact:

Did you know that the original date of destruction was in May 2003 but when nothing happened they moved the date to 12/21/2012 to coincide with the "end" of the Mayan Calender.

Did you know that the orignal Marklar of marklar was in Marklar 2003 but when marklar happened they moved the marklar to 12/21/2012 to coincided with the "marklar" of the Marklar.
    Yes, thats what i said before today -_-" post fail

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back