• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [Summer or Winter Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think it's called GB Gräddglass here :D or maybe... well, some believe GB stands for Glassbolaget, which literally means "The Ice-Cream Company".

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2012
    I just came back from the beach with red skin, literally. I was barbecued. The slides were amazing, though --crashed several times on my head. >.>

sad to see this thread inactive

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    I just came back from the beach with red skin, literally. I was barbecued. The slides were amazing, though --crashed several times on my head. >.>

sad to see this thread inactive
    Oh at least you went somewhere! I was in this house nearly the whole day. :O I go to vacation again in a week.

I never get sun burnt, even if I don't wear sunblock (though I'm not taking any chances). I still have my tan from the beach about two weeks ago. o/

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    Lucky people. Even if I put on sunblock my face, arms, and shoulders burn. Without fail, every time. Especially my face. :|

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    Lucky people. Even if I put on sunblock my face, arms, and shoulders burn. Without fail, every time. Especially my face. :|

I am exactly the same. I have put 100 SPF sunblock on multiple times throughout the day and I still got sunburnt.

What's even worse is that I don't tan. So, I'll be whiter than a ghost, burn, then afterwards I am still whiter than a ghost.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I went to the beach today to soak up some sun, and walk on the shore. I managed to leave before sunset because I didn't put on sunscreen, and I didn't want to get sunburned. >_<

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    I had an area on my wrist that was paler than everything else years after I stopped wearing a watch, but that's about it. Even though I'm fairly pale to begin with it takes me seven or eight hours to burn, so I've almost never experienced a true sunburn.

Her

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    Sunburns are the bane of my summer existence, ugh. In recent years I've been able to apply the perfect amount of sunscreen to minimize the extent of the burn. I can't go swimming though because no matter how well I apply the suncreen or no matter how long I wait, I always burn ;-;.

Last edited:

Anders

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    I have to be in the sun for a fair few hours to burn. Unfortunately that doesn't mean I tan, I either stay white or go to burnt.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I get sunburned very easily as well, but when I put sunscreen on, at least it works for me. I didn't get to go out much this year, so I haven't gotten sunburned yet :3

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    It's really weird... I just don't get sunburned xD It's only ever happened once when I went back home to the Philippines when I was 7 but apart from that never. Though my friends get sunburned and they're the ones wear the sunblock xD

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years

God, it's been forever since I went home to Paris ;-; I MISS THAT PLACE SO MUCH

Heaven must not be that good then!

I'm from the U.S. and the only other country I've been to was Canada, more precisely Niagara Falls.

Beautiful and clean city (at least..where the tourists are).

Skip Class

Years
    I was born and grew up here in New Zealand but my parents and family are born in the Philippines so I consider it my home as well. Though haven't gone there since I was 9 ... so like almost 8 years.

Always wanted to go to Paris though, but I don't do French in school so can't do the exchange.
    Apart from the Philippines I've been to Australia and USA and I want to go back to both since I haven't been outta the country in years

Her

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    Hah, I live in New Zealand as well. Can't say I enjoy the country too much; way too expensive and it tries to make up for the fact that it's such a small country by attempting to do everything like America, except worse. It's like New Zealand has Small Country Syndrome or something.

Skip Class

Years
    Hah, I live in New Zealand as well. Can't say I enjoy the country too much; way too expensive and it tries to make up for the fact that it's such a small country by attempting to do everything like America, except worse. It's like New Zealand has Small Country Syndrome or something.

Meh the Wellywood sign is going to be a complete fail... it's just embrassing.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    I'm from Mexico, in a week I will travel to Spain.
    I have only once gone to the U.S.. I do not know any other country XD
    I hope someday go meet Italy and Paris, and Transylvania.

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2012
    I'm originally from Lebanon, you know that tiny country in the Middle East --born and raised 7 years of my life there. After that, 2 years in Egypt, then 8 years in London, and now in Poland, albeit I'm thinking of moving back to London. I move a lot, A LOT. Blame my father.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back