• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    I had a Spanish teacher whose Second language was English. She was pretty good at English, but she had a lot of interesting expressions, like, "Piece o' papa" (potato) or, "Don't get lost in the forest!" (said when we were going to the bathroom...) She ws pretty funny. :D

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I hope never to have a teacher who can't speak fluent English. D:
    Then stay far, far away from anything math-, finance-, or computer- related in college.

And I had a professor whose catchphrase amounted to him yelling "SHUT UP!" at the beginning of nearly every class. He would also say "Another one bites the dust" whenever something like a calculator or cell phone fell on the floor. And of course "Remind me to tell you about the one time I set the lab on fire." Funny guy.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    But I like math, finance and computer related things. D:
    Sadly, so do all the foreign professors :/ During the first couple years, you can usually avoid them by choosing the classes taught by professors who don't have foreign sounding names, but as you go up in grade you start to run into classes where the foreign guy is the ONLY guy who teaches a class you need to take to graduate...

Martins

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    ^ True.

I am hoping to major in finance or computer science, two very different professions, but I like both of them. I heard finance is pretty hard, though.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Before I took a year off from school, I was a Writing/X-Ray Technician major. I'm going back in the spring though so I can finish up my agree.

Years
    I've been lucky and not had any instructors who spoke English as a second language or with a thick accent. ^-^;;

I've met fellow students with very thick accents or who weren't native speakers, but listening closely helps you understand them. ^-^

My worst instructor was my Linux Admin 1 instructor, who didn't even bother going over everything before throwing you into the fire. Dx

Martins

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Yeah, I'll see at the end of my year now. Most probably finance.

What do you guys do or want to do when you enter college?

Years
    I'm currently in schooling for computer networking. A lot of my peers at my school my first two semesters didn't even have a basic understanding of computer hardware, which made me wonder why the heck they were even going for a computer networking degree when they didn't even know the hardware they were working with, and couldn't troubleshoot basic connectivity issues such as a cable being unplugged. Dx

Years

I hope you get one; they are are awesome. ^__^ I had a couple other teachers with catchphrases in high school. XD

My french professor is from Senegal, and still has a thick french accent, coupled with his very deep voice. Everyday when he walks into the classroom, he bellows "PEOPLE" AT THE TOP OF HIS LUNGS.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years

My french professor is from Senegal, and still has a thick french accent, coupled with his very deep voice. Everyday when he walks into the classroom, he bellows "PEOPLE" AT THE TOP OF HIS LUNGS.

That sounds awesome. ^__^ The teachers I had in high school that had catchphrases were both friends, and they had opposite phrases. My chemistry teacher would constantly say things like "Helium only has two protons, so it is the lightest element, right? ... WRONG!!!!" everyday/ His friend, my math/physics teacher, did the opposite, and would constantly go "Since the distance increased, for the rate to stay the same, the time would have to decrease, right? Right? Huh, right? Right?" Most of my friends laughed at how they had opposite sayings. XD :D

shot571

@Martins Im thinking of going into some sort of medical study/accountancy. Id prefer medical cos its different and more enjoyable. But im going into these two jobs for the pay. And tbh right now the only reason I want high pay is so I can buy my Lambo <3

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm currently in schooling for computer networking. A lot of my peers at my school my first two semesters didn't even have a basic understanding of computer hardware, which made me wonder why the heck they were even going for a computer networking degree when they didn't even know the hardware they were working with, and couldn't troubleshoot basic connectivity issues such as a cable being unplugged. Dx
    That's something I ran into too before I had decided to come back home and take college courses at the county college. At my prior university, all students were required to take technology courses, and the majority of the students who were in my technology class had no knowledge of the computer. I sat there in disbelief on the first day as the instructor went through nearly the entire class asking them what the difference between Windows Vista, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Word. The chilling reality of it is that the ones who did know were freshmen. There were two of us. The rest of the class was full of juniors and seniors.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back