• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years

He gives us homework? I'm kinda confused.

But.. I mean.. last year we actually needed a text book. We actually did reading comprehension(which I hated then.. but would really prefer to do now..)

Also... because my teacher is so fail.. we won't even cover the Civil War(that well)... which is going to be a major component of the STAR tests.

I was saying that I think history doesn't need reading comprehension based curriculum, since it's more of a "know that this happened" type of subject. History and math are the two traditional subjects that are more effectively learned with memorization and repetition as opposed to comprehension.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I was saying that I think history doesn't need reading comprehension based curriculum, since it's more of a "know that this happened" type of subject. History and math are the two traditional subjects that are more effectively learned with memorization and repetition as opposed to comprehension.

Yeah.. I guess.. but... it is just so boring..

Years

Yeah.. I guess.. but... it is just so boring..

Well, could it be his monotone voice and the fact that he doesn't get you involved in the learning by encouraging discussion during the lesson? 'Cause my history classes that were notes-based actually had instructors that encouraged involvement in the lesson, since you can't learn anything if you're falling asleep during the lesson. D;

ILoveDragonite

~~Do the wave~~
    Years
    Last time i was here we were talking about height....no we're talking about school.....you bunch are more boring than school itself.

because it's so much fun to talk about how boring school is, it's not boring at all to talk about how boring something is

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Last time i was here we were talking about height....no we're talking about school.....you bunch are more boring than school itself.

because it's so much fun to talk about how boring school is, it's not boring at all to talk about how boring something is
    Feel free to change the topic, then. Instead of moaning try and change it, yeah?

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Wow, I just slept from 12am until 4am. I think that qualifies as the best night's sleep i've had since Wednesday night xD

And for some reason I have boxing on. I hate boxing but the remote is like all the way over there =/

And Eevee is way more awesome than Wooper.

Seconded.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    lolwut?

I can't understand all this newfangled EV/IV/DV/PVC/STD nonsense. CAN'T WE ALL JUST ACCEPT OUR POKEYMANZ FOR WHO THEY ARE INSTEAD OF USING THEM AS TOOLS OF WAR? ='(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back