• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I love soundtracks, especially ones composed by Shoji Meguro and Motoi Sakuraba.
    Sakuraba is kind of hit and miss for me these days. I love some of his soundtracks but they all start sounding exactly the same after a while.

n_n I love love loved his OST for Eternal Sonata, though. I think it might be his best (that I've heard, anyway).

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Sakuraba is kind of hit and miss for me these days. I love some of his soundtracks but they all start sounding exactly the same after a while.

n_n I love love loved his OST for Eternal Sonata, though. I think it might be his best (that I've heard, anyway).
    I agree. He has his own sound going, but...a lot of the tunes sound exactly the same.

Which isn't necessarily a problem. Neat to self-reference, but it gets repetitive.

His work on Mario Tennis is interesting XD His sound applied to Mario tunes.

Cherrim

Years
    It gets pretty boring in the Tales series. :( I don't mind it when they sound the same across different franchises since, hey, you have a whole different setting.

But when I hear a song by him and can barely tell which Tales game it's from... it's just like... what's the point in composing new music? Just use the last soundtrack and it'll fit in fine. @_@;;

He's one of my favourite composers because repetitive (not quite the word I wanted but oh well) or not, his music is ALWAYS so fitting for the setting. But there are very few "epic" songs I like out of his OSTs so he's not way, way up there for me. XD;

Cherrim

Years
    I still haven't listened to VI's OST. :s I stiiiill want to play the game first but I don't see myself having the time for it so I should really just... listen to it.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I still haven't listened to VI's OST. :s I stiiiill want to play the game first but I don't see myself having the time for it so I should really just... listen to it.
    It's not particularly catchy (to me anyway, his stuff doesn't stay in my head very long). But, its just really well-done. A really well-thought out and cohesive work. And amazing what he got out of the SuperNES.

The first two Donkey Kong Country titles and Yoshi's Island are also great SNES scores.

Cherrim

Years
    That was before my time so I don't know any of it. XD;

But yeah, that's a good way of putting it. Come to think of it, the few songs on (most of) his soundtracks that DO stand out to me are just rearrangements of the main themes of the games that were written by someone else. 8( Lol.

Speaking of good scores from old games... Yasunori Mitsuda. sdlkf he did the music to Chrono Trigger which may be my favourite OST of all time, now that I think about it.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    They're still good though D: I didn't have the first DKC as kid. I only had the second, and didn't get very far with it XD So, it was almost all new music to me.

I need to check out Chrono

Cherrim

Years
    I just find it hard to get myself to listen to something if I don't feel a connection to it. :/

And you should totally play CTDS. n_n The game isn't overly amazing (but still pretty fun) but omgggg the soundtrack. I love it so much.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I can see that. I generally like having some kind of image to associate with my film scores. Although, I have scores to movies that I've seen... just once or twice. But it gives me some kind of fragment to associate with it.

Cherrim

Years
    I originally wouldn't listen to things because I spoilt the ending to Final Fantasy X somewhat by listening to the final tracks (did not expect such a sad track for the ending theme lmao). After that I just... vowed only to listen to soundtracks up to where I had played (or watched, as the case may be).

With movies, I usually only listen to the soundtracks if I've seen it and particularly enjoyed the score. @_@

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I like most soundtracks, because I just enjoy music in general. I can almost always find something good in anything... . It is really easy to do that in music..

Years
    ZUN or U2 Akiyama or GTFO.

Soundtracks are alright, but I'll take arrangement albums over them any day. Because I enjoy crappy remixes for some reason. :L

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back