• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

KanadeTenshi

Banned
    Years
    Yeah. Conole fanboys never answered the question what the 360/PS3 can do that the PC can't. Other than exclusive features (Wii fake) PC does 1337x times than those consoles can do.

KanadeTenshi

Banned
    Years
    Still, I'd rather have lower graphics than have a less flexible system.
    Talking about games, I'm saddened to see companies not supporting Linux. I love it more than Windows 7.

Years
    Thing is, Linux only makes up 1% of the home users market, and encoding games for it is very uneconomical as a result, since the potential revenue has a low chance of even breaking even with the costs to make it for a Linux distro as well. And that doesn't account for coding for specific Linux distros, which break that 1% of home users even further. Linux distros are mainly only used as server OSes anyways.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Windows still commands the vast majority of the market, so developers will obviously find it more profitable to develop for it exclusively.

EDIT: Damn, already covered. Oh well. So zetta slow...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Never play Final Fantasy either. I might start watching the shows though. Anyone know if the shows are any good? :3

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    None of the actual shows are worth watching. As for the movies, The Spirits Within is just Final Fantasy in name only, while Advent Children will only make sense if you're familiar with VII.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I watched the Spirit one I think. I saw it on HBO when it came on. Is it the one where she got the plant thing?

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Wish they had custom firmware on PS3. I saw some awesome things you can with one on the PSP, imagine what they could make for the PS3.

I still think PC > All though.

I never really liked the PC as a gaming console, but this is coming from the guy who's only game is a free copy of Portal. I just can't do things with a mouse as easily when compared to an analog stick or D-pad.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I grew up on the Playstation 1 and I wasn't introduced to the Internet until about 2005-2006, so that probably explains it.
    Oh, how I loved my PS1.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I can accomplish tasks easily with either control scheme. It did take a little bit of time for me to get used to a proper controller, though.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    You guys and your fancy consoles D:
    I never had a game console till I was thirteen. I might get the PS3 but then again I'm not really good at any of the games :/

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    You guys and your fancy consoles D:
    I never had a game console till I was thirteen. I might get the PS3 but then again I'm not really good at any of the games :/

I'm a PS3 fanboy, so I can't really give you a non-biased decision. But yeah, get it if there's money to burn. You'll learn soon enough, although I'd definitely suggest getting a PS3 controller with a 360 button scheme.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I can normally blow all of the dandelion seeds off a dandelion in one go.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    A2 is better than Tactics Advance. :3

At any rate, my consoles are so nintendo-ised. I have a really old Chinese Playstation 1 with one game, RayStorm, a shiny Xbox with a couple of games, both rotting away in the attic, a broken Nintendo DS, two DS lites (one for my sister) and a Nintendo Wii with like two games.

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
    Years
    I could go on forever about what games I have..but console wise

Gameboy, Gameboy Advanced, Two Gameboy Advanced SP's, One nintendo ds (broke it), Nintendo DS lite, Nintendo 64, Two gamecubes (one broke), and I just got a shiny new wii for Christimas. :P

Years
    Hmm.
    We've had..
    NES, SNES, Sega Dreamcast [didn't play, it was my bro's], Atari [played once o_o], Virtual Boy, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, DS, DS Lite, DSi, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Playstation 1 & 2, and an Xbox.
    This is between my siblings and I, though. 8D;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back