• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Leaf

What do I put here?
Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    PSP isn't a bad console, it has some potential, it's because it doesn't get much support from Sony, like, the PlayStation 3, for example.

I like my PSP, I had some fun games like Crisis Core and Dissidia, which were rather excellent spinoffs for my taste of the normal FF series (Crisis Core was better than VII, in my opinion.) I've been playing Persona 3 Portable, and it's honestly quite a good game.

Years
  • Pretty sure the PSP is a stronger system. Just because its game library doesn't have gems like TWEWY doesn't mean it's a bad system at all.

the game library was never actually that bad, even when compared to the DS game library. :/

Portable game systems not involving phones need good game libraries in order to sell well. The GameGear and the PSP were both evidence of that. :\

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    PSP isn't a bad console, it has some potential, it's because it doesn't get much support from Sony, like, the PlayStation 3, for example.

I like my PSP, I had some fun games like Crisis Core and Dissidia, which were rather excellent spinoffs for my taste of the normal FF series (Crisis Core was better than VII, in my opinion.) I've been playing Persona 3 Portable, and it's honestly quite a good game.

The PSP is still receiving a lot of support from Sony, last time I checked they're still putting a lot of PSP games on the Playstation Store.

Now, the PlayStation 3, oh I love that console to death. It would already beat the 360 in sales if it weren't for the 360 being incredibly popular in America.

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    Playstation store.. can't be bothered. Doesn't support my country, which automatically makes it rahter useless to me. I think it's bypassable, but I can't really be bothered.

I believe that PS3 is indeed a better choice, although it is coming from a PSP owner's side of view, I would definitely like to enjoy online Dissidia battling.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I'd like a PS3, but I'm too cheap. I'll just stick to Nintendo stuff until I find myself with a surplus of wealth. Though by that time I guess I'll be getting a PS42. XD

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I would want a PS3 for the PS3 games, since I have a working PS2 for PS2 and PS1 games still.
    It's pretty cheap to get a PS2 these days, I don't really see why people are complaining about the Slim(and 2nd generation PS3s) not having backwards compatibility.

But yeah, it does make it much more convenient. They had to cut it because it was useless and really expensive.
    I'd like a PS3, but I'm too cheap. I'll just stick to Nintendo stuff until I find myself with a surplus of wealth. Though by that time I guess I'll be getting a PS42. XD

Sony will make the PS42 have a ridiculous price at launch, have barely any games for it, and lose tons of money until 4 years after their console launches :x

Whoops.

Yes, but I do not like the PSP Thumb Node isn't my favourite thing in the world.

The DualShock 3 on the other hand IS THE GREATEST CONTROLLER EVAR.

JS.
    You're one of the few people that actually say that. Most people I know prefer the 360 controller because of the analog asymmetry and the triggers, despite the bumpers sucking, the buttons sticking, and the d-pad being terrible beyond belief.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • FF7, even a black label, is only about $50 now. The green label will run you even less, probably no more than $20. :( The going price kinda plummeted once it came out on PSN.

I like both my PSP and my PS3 but I don't... have a lot of games for either of them. :/

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    I believe Erica just mentioned a name of a whiskey.
    Yes, my alcoholic drinks knowledge is rather large.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    FF7, even a black label, is only about $50 now. The green label will run you even less, probably no more than $20. :( The going price kinda plummeted once it came out on PSN.

I like both my PSP and my PS3 but I don't... have a lot of games for either of them. :/

Suikoden for the PS1 took a nose dive with the price at my local Play N Trade after it was released on PSN.

It was still $50 :/

Ptf, I can suggest a bunch of awesome PS3 games :(
    I prefer their library because they have a larger number of J/RPGs as opposed to the 360 and their F/TPS with RPG elements.

sdf;lajksf;lsakfjasdklflfjkhslfkjhsaflkadsjfhj stop changing your avatar every 3 seconds :(

Years
  • You're one of the few people that actually say that. Most people I know prefer the 360 controller because of the analog asymmetry and the triggers, despite the bumpers sucking, the buttons sticking, and the d-pad being terrible beyond belief.

I've not noticed any of those problems except for the horrendous D-pad, Luck. But maybe that's because I actually take care of my controllers and I don't play the system that often. Though I do admit that the PS3 design is actually very good, aside from the small controller size, which is a carryover from the PS2 and the like. Neither design is terrible, though.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I've not noticed any of those problems except for the horrendous D-pad, Luck. But maybe that's because I actually take care of my controllers and I don't play the system that often. Though I do admit that the PS3 design is actually very good, aside from the small controller size, which is a carryover from the PS2 and the like. Neither design is terrible, though.

Well, there's also that battery pack which can really hurt your hands if they're big enough. Not that I had problems, it's just that most people prefer when you can recharge something with a simple USB-mini(?)USB instead of recharging batteries every time or buying a third party peripheral for an outrageous price.

I dropped my PS3 controller more than my 360 controller and it didn't have any of those problems. I prefer my mushy shoulder buttons to the clicky ones that the 360 has, especially when my right bumper sucks and reloads my weapons every 5 time I press it :/

It may just be me, but I think the PS3 has more "solid" buttons than the 360.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back