• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • When FRLG came out, I think people poked fun at me for still playing Pokémon even though I was in high school but when they learnt they were remakes of the original Pokémon games, I'd sometimes even get people watching me play over my shoulder (and got at least 4 people back into Pokémon).

Then by grade 12, when Diamond/Pearl were released, no one cared. I don't think all that many people actually picked it up, but it was cool enough just out of nostalgia because back when we were ~10 years old, everyone liked Pokémon.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • When FRLG came out, I think people poked fun at me for still playing Pokémon even though I was in high school but when they learnt they were remakes of the original Pokémon games, I'd sometimes even get people watching me play over my shoulder (and got at least 4 people back into Pokémon).

Then by grade 12, when Diamond/Pearl were released, no one cared. I don't think all that many people actually picked it up, but it was cool enough just out of nostalgia because back when we were ~10 years old, everyone liked Pokémon.
    It's ironic that back then, it was out of fashion and stupid to not like Pokemon. Now we're older it's stupid to like Pokemon. Oh, how times change.

Cherrim

Years
  • Well, when you hit the early teens, everyone is so concerned with image and whether or not they look cool. And they all want to be older, so they give up everything they liked as a kid as if that'll help.

Then later as they hit senior year get older and mellow out, usually you turn to nostalgia a lot, or you realize that oh, maybe it isn't so silly to like something childish.

n_n It's totally in fashion to like Pokémon at my age now, from what I've noticed. Mind you, I hang out in some pretty geeky circles so that definitely skews my perception of my age group. XD; (Of my closest RL friends, I think 3 of them are playing HGSS and another few still play older Pokémon games.)

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • Well, when you hit the early teens, everyone is so concerned with image and whether or not they look cool. And they all want to be older, so they give up everything they liked as a kid as if that'll help.

Then later as they hit senior year get older and mellow out, usually you turn to nostalgia a lot, or you realize that oh, maybe it isn't so silly to like something childish.

n_n It's totally in fashion to like Pokémon at my age now, from what I've noticed. Mind you, I hang out in some pretty geeky circles so that definitely skews my perception of my age group. XD; (Of my closest RL friends, I think 3 of them are playing HGSS and another few still play older Pokémon games.)
    Eh, people don't want to be judged. I think it would be upsetting to let go of all the things you enjoyed in your childhood. It's a nice reminder.

Cherrim

Years
  • Well, I never did, I'm just sort of going by what I noticed growing up. D: Suddenly everyone decided things like Disney movies, any animated show, etc. were childish and uncool so they separated themselves from them. Then a few years later when people had matured... it was okay to like them again. *shrug* @_@

Years
  • meh. I'll always like pokemon, mermaids, & other things that are childish I've never really been made fun of because of it. I guess because I already look nerdy anyway XD

Years
  • Well...I was SOOOOOOO shocked when I found out that some of my new classmates back in 9th Grade STILL played Pokemon. Turns out some of the people here at school secretly play Pokemon...I see their POKEWALKERZ LOLZ. XDDD

Cherrim

Years
  • I think I've given up my Pokewalker for gone now. ><; I haven't seen it since I moved back home for the summer. D:

Maybe my brother will let me buy his off of him. He got SS over the weekend and I don't think he's gonna use it... ;_;

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Apparently today is something called "Draw Mohammed Day". People are supposed to draw pictures of Mohammed! I think this is wrong and we should respect the beliefs of others.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • I'll echo what Lightning said - in high school/middle school, pretty much nothing is cool. (That's an exaggeration, but whatever)
    Awkward Zombie portrays it pretty well, and that's pretty accurate as far as how things were for me personally. There are still people at my school who are like "Uh, why is there a Pokéball on your pocket?" and rather than explain it I'm like "oh lol it's my cousins?" Then during lunch my friend and I show off our amazing EV trained Pokémon just to prove how cool we are.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Today we tried to make cocoa like how they did it in The Simpsons movie. We wasted a lot of whipped cream.

Last edited:

カゲボウズ

「なかないで」
    Years
  • I got my Feebas hunting done in Platinum before Platinum was released in the US :D

Speaking of which, I need to hatch an Eevee with a nature decent for an Umbreon in my English Platinum.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    Well since 10 A.M this morning, I have been E.V training my Roselia (Which used to be a Budew one hour ago). It's at Level 27 and I'm still working on it's Speed Stat in Diglett Cave. How fun, lol.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back