• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
Years
  • I know. Sakutaro is just so adorable I couldn't resist getting it ->w<-.

Rei was odd.

The anime of umineko doesn't do the visual novel justice but Sakutaro is still adorable animated.

カゲボウズ

「なかないで」
    Years
  • Jack's a good person, Ild. He has his opinions, and so does everyone else :D

If I took over the world I'd make it so that geeks ruled everything. Oh, and I'd find a way to make money virtual so we wouldn't have to continue cutting down trees.

And tablets for everyone :D Or something that gets rid of paper.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • ah ha ha something tells me the first american who reads your post and then your custom title is going to freaking flip xD

I'm an occidental, white Canadian. No reason to flip out :P I was a Christian before after all.

The Americans who come up here are always obnoxious, though. Some Quebec guy kicked an American's ass for insulting the French/Quebec culture. I'm merely implying that some people might be obnoxious because they repeat the pledge thousands of times over many years. It might've gone to their head a bit >> It's entirely possible, though if it happens I doubt it's a lot xD

Every country has good and bad people, though, and everyone loves their country. It's a good thing when regulated and as long as a MY COUNTRY > YOUR COUNTRY mentality doesn't develop.

I just don't know why Americans are typically so obnoxious XD

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years

• I'm an occidental, white Canadian. No reason to flip out :P I was a Christian before after all.

The Americans who come up here are always obnoxious, though. Some Quebec guy kicked an American's ass for insulting the French/Quebec culture. I'm merely implying that some people might be obnoxious because they repeat the pledge thousands of times over many years. It might've gone to their head a bit >> It's entirely possible, though if it happens I doubt it's a lot xD

Every country has good and bad people, though, and everyone loves their country. It's a good thing when regulated and as long as a MY COUNTRY > YOUR COUNTRY mentality doesn't develop.

I just don't know why Americans are typically so obnoxious XD
    lol who kicked whos, considering Canada has either lost all there wars, or surrendered.
    I like the pledge, it has God mentioned in it. So It makes me happy to know that America was founded on Christianity. :)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Yusshin... you kind of need to learn that just because you see one person that fits a stereotype in your life... doesn't mean everyone is. ._. I notice you generalize a LOT without saying "in my opinion" (and when you do say something to that affect, you still sound really condescending). :/ Not telling you off for it but it's really off-putting for me so I imagine it must be for a lot of other people. u_u But you can't generalize and say Americans are typically obnoxious. Yes, it's a stereotype, but that doesn't mean it's true, nor does it mean you should encourage the stereotype.

Congrats on the shiny, ILoveDragonite! n_n Barboach is even an interesting shiny instead of a lame one.

Jolene, I would welcome your reign as Dictator of the whole world.

NarutoActor... just because we don't dive headfirst into wars doesn't mean we can't hold our own. D;

gosh so many replies in one post @_@;;

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • All the American tourists I've ever seen think they're better :s and most of the Americans I meet in MMORPGs are racist as Hell. That's why I generalize. I have barely seen any decent Americans. The ones I see in the places I visit most, aside PokeCommunity (but even here, there's a few that have bad personalities), are always arrogant and obnoxious. I don't base it on the stereotype; I base my opinion on personal encounters and experience with Americans.

Also, Canada beat the Americans in 1812. I know they teach you differently, but you guys ran away when we burned down the White House. We also captured Vimy Ridge in WW1 which was a phenomenal history accomplishment considering the odds and the crappy equipment Canadians had lol

Kenpari

¯\(°_o)/¯ I DUNNO LOL
    Years
  • [sarcasm]Everybody knows that the United States of America is to spread across the world so we can create one huge republic and all end world hunger together and force everybody to be Catholic.[/sarcasm]

Edit: I suppose I shouldn't forget my sarcasm tags, though.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    And tablets for everyone :D Or something that gets rid of paper.

I like the sound of this last part.
    Rey needs a new tablet fersrsly :C

If I ruled the world.
    It'd probably collapse around us. I don't think i'd be a good ruler oAo

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Are the majority of Americans Catholic? I thought they were majority Protestant.

Spaniards and Mexicans, not to mention South Americans, are more Catholic, no?

Not quite sure; there are so many branches of Christianity >>; it's hard to keep count. Heck, I went to two different types of Christian churches as a kid. I didn't get the difference between'em lol

Cherrim

Years
  • u_u That still doesn't make it okay to generalize. It makes you seem rather ignorant, no offense. It's fine to say "almost every American I've met, unfortunately, has come across as very obnoxious" but to say all of them are like that based on a (possibly skewed) subset of them... not very cool. :/ And it's not just Americans, you do this in so many threads, which is why I've even bothered bringing it up. Just keep in mind that you're probably offending many people like that... which hopefully is not your intention. ._.

And I don't even bother using the 1812 excuse anymore because too many Americans retort right back that we weren't even Canada then which is technically true, even if most of the soldiers were North American. XD;

Kenpari

¯\(°_o)/¯ I DUNNO LOL
    Years
  • Well, if any of you here happen to take over the world be sure to make a National Pokemon Holiday. The world is nothing without Pokemon recognition.

Cherrim

Years
  • And 4/21 could be International Cherrim Day.

Not that it isn't already, but an official day off could be issued for it. (b' ')b

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Now, now...People with uber American Patriotic feelings would say America saved the World in both World Wars. XD

xD lol that's true <<

And I don't generalize when I meet an American in general. I can be friends with Americans :P I have two American friends after all; I know they're not all bad. It's just it's true the majority I've seen and encountered have been obnoxious or racist. When I meet an American, though, I don't jump at 'em: "OMFG YOU MUST BE RACIST RIGHT?!" That's just stupid lol

I was going to say something.

But I forgot.

D<

Omfg I want chocolate milk.

Kenpari

¯\(°_o)/¯ I DUNNO LOL
    Years
  • We may not have won the whole war, but we sure put a stop to Japan being a participant. I find it funny how it had such a major affect on them, too. You take any picture in Japan and everybody is showing a peace sign with their fingers.

That ol' Russia stopped the Germans.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • Man, I need a new tablet too. My Graphire 4 is all beat up and old looking :<
    Considering I barely use it though, I'll probably end up just using the money I save towards fleshing out my marker collection since I use those 10 times more than my tablet.

Generalizing any demographic is a bad thing to do no matter who you are or what group you're talking about. Saying all Americans are obnoxious and arrogant based off of the few people you meet online (NSFW) is ridiculously extreme. Considering there are plenty of people who go through their life without an "America is the bestest ever" mentality that have heard the Pledge on repeat for 20+ years, it's also extreme to blame somebody's undesirable behavior on an oath.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Did you hear about the two Japanese men on an island near Hawaii? It was a secret base of the Japanese, and they forgot to pick the guys up. Forty years later, they were found, and they thought the war was still on >> but really, the Japanese forgot about 'em.

Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back