• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Daily Chit Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucid

Yeah I'm not going to share the link because I'm not etirely sure it's meant to be public or not. But hey, you can figure out most things yourself by using the search function ;]

Lazy question. Can we still see how many post we've posted in a thread?

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Lazy question. Can we still see how many post we've posted in a thread?
    Sure can, click the number of posts made in the thread and a pop-up will appear. Image for reference:
    Spoiler:

Lucid

Sure can, click the number of posts made in the thread and a pop-up will appear. Image for reference:
    Spoiler:

Thanks, I'm still getting accustomed to what we can't and can do.

Can we change the subject yet? Someone be creative.

Lucid

I was actually about to ask you about your PC past! You were a staff member here?

Yup. I joined in May 2004. No username changes were allowed back then, so if you wanted a new name, you had to change accounts. I won't tell what it was, it's embarrassing...I'm sure you can find it if you want, but still. I was a mod in OC/Treefuck and I even revamped the rules. I also modded Other Clubs and Graphic Design. I once filled up 3 pages of the OC with "The Big Lebowski" Quotes with a friend and no one even noticed, they thought we were just talking. I don't know any of the new staff much. I was pretty good friends with Abby/Kairi? and Archanine/Andy I'd like to think, and Jorge, but I forget his usernames, David too for a point, but then he caught his period, again I don't remember his username. Dakota, Niko and Chairman-Kaga too, they were great, Spectrum and Alex_ were my bffs. All of th staff at some point. You may remember a few of them. You guys are doing a great job here though with the forum, it's pretty fun and loose to post! Props. Can I ask your name? I may remember you.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I just read in the dark night msny thread that Sheep kinda got promoted to admin out of the blue. Which seems a little odd to me. What's the difference between admin and supermod?

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Yup. I joined in May 2004. No username changes were allowed back then, so if you wanted a new name, you had to change accounts. I won't tell what it was, it's embarrassing...I'm sure you can find it if you want, but still. I was a mod in OC/Treefuck and I even revamped the rules. I also modded Other Clubs and Graphic Design. I once filled up 3 pages of the OC with "The Big Lebowski" Quotes with a friend and no one even noticed, they thought we were just talking. I don't know any of the new staff much. I was pretty good friends with Abby/Kairi? and Archanine/Andy I'd like to think, and Jorge, but I forget his usernames, David too for a point, but then he caught his period, again I don't remember his username. Dakota, Niko and Chairman-Kaga too, they were great, Spectrum and Alex_ were my bffs. All of th staff at some point. You may remember a few of them. You guys are doing a great job here though with the forum, it's pretty fun and loose to post! Props. Can I ask your name? I may remember you.
    Was it called Graphic Design back then? I modded Graphics & Photography (which I requested to be changed to Art & Design) initially, then got Other Entertainment (which I got changed to Culture & Media), and Game Development. I know of Kairi, I knew Andy a little bit, and only really heard about Jorge through Signomi (though I know his account). I remember most of these names, Alex_, Spectrim, Chairman-Kaga (I helped make a style for him once with Morkula lol). Unfortunately most of this was right before my time. I joined in '09. Thanks for the props too!

The name is Gav, I've been staff here since 2010, so almost 5 years now. Half as a mod, half as a Super Mod, and Admin as of recently. I'm not sure you'd remember me, honestly! I think I came across your name before but hey, new friends and all that.

Sirfetch’d

Man. All those old names. My nostalgia meter's been set off again. I don't know if this is a good thing or not.

A little nostalgia is always good :) Though too much nostalgia here reminds me of my early days as a huge PC noob D:

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    Super Moderators always seemed to me like they had the short straw as staff, since they're responsible for way more than moderators and don't get any of the cool shit that the admins do

maybe Assistant Admins tipped that balance, or the bright yellow-orange name makes up for it. OR maybe it does the opposite with how eye-scraping it can be. idk lol ¯\(°_o)/¯

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    The step to admin from s-mod is so much less than the step from mod to s-mod though. Most of the business of PC goes on in HQ, which is the forum for both s-mods and admins. Practically the only thing separating s-mods and admins at this point is the admin CP and a few discussions that are admin-only.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    As a admin and super mod, is it requirement for them to be active every single to keep their status or else they're demoted to being a regular mod?

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    The step to admin from s-mod is so much less than the step from mod to s-mod though. Most of the business of PC goes on in HQ, which is the forum for both s-mods and admins. Practically the only thing separating s-mods and admins at this point is the admin CP and a few discussions that are admin-only.
    I guess so. On some forums I browse as anon for this or that they have mods and global mods, the latter being s-mods and admins fused together.

On LTT they have moderators that're green and the site owners are red admins. But the admins are the media personalities/company owners and it's like a totally different dynamic that couldn't be equated to y'all reds or Steve

Things are much faster on there too. And waaay different than PC. When I was forking a project threaded there they had a 1:1 member-staff panel in with a PM conversation with us, and were very simple in their question wordings and topics. Basically who owns what, can you guys move apart, okay good, and we went.

I think in PC's case a lot more thought would be put into things and it would go through a different kind of ringer, and the staff would probably come to an equitable conclusion on their own with less input, but that's just what me talking. Things are more centralized around here, a lot more federal in terms of government.

Sorry for my tl;dr lol, I haven't been on a lot of forums as you can tell lol

Lucid

Was it called Graphic Design back then? I modded Graphics & Photography (which I requested to be changed to Art & Design) initially, then got Other Entertainment (which I got changed to Culture & Media), and Game Development. I know of Kairi, I knew Andy a little bit, and only really heard about Jorge through Signomi (though I know his account). I remember most of these names, Alex_, Spectrim, Chairman-Kaga (I helped make a style for him once with Morkula lol). Unfortunately most of this was right before my time. I joined in '09. Thanks for the props too!

The name is Gav, I've been staff here since 2010, so almost 5 years now. Half as a mod, half as a Super Mod, and Admin as of recently. I'm not sure you'd remember me, honestly! I think I came across your name before but hey, new friends and all that.

Hmmmm... I really don't remember what it was called. It was the thread you could request avatars and signatures in. My memory is probably rusty, it's been a few years. If you remember enough, Pincushion was the other mod for it.

Really don't remember you, but nice to meet you none the less! I wasn't active by 09 and haven't been since.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Hmmmm... I really don't remember what it was called. It was the thread you could request avatars and signatures in. My memory is probably rusty, it's been a few years. If you remember enough, Pincushion was the other mod for it.

Really don't remember you, but nice to meet you none the less! I wasn't active by 09 and haven't been since.
    Oh man yeah that was its own thread in G&P for ages. It grew beyond that. But that's...yeah it's something completely new now. And yeah, nice to meet you!

Also I completely think that it's a ruse to say that the jump from Mod to S-mod is "so much bigger" than the jump from S-mod to Admin. First of all, we've had what...4 promotions to Admin in 7 years? Second of all, if you're Admin, you have the potential to do so much more than you were as an S-mod depending on your ability and drive to do so. I think they're roughly equal, and if anything, the jump to Admin from S-mod is way more significant. Again, it's down to what you do with the position that matters most. But we've had dozens of S-mod promotions in the last few years, and only a handful of Admin ones. That itself tells a story.

/drunkenramblings

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    i never did get to ask this back in the day so i'll ask now.

what did the Assis. Admin position entail? obviously you guys booted out that user group, but why exactly did it exist to begin with?

*sits for drunken ramblings*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back