• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Daily Chit Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirfetch’d

On the topic of drinks, I've been drinking a lot of those new Mountain Dew Kickstater drinks. The orange one is good, although the berry one is lacking taste :/

Are those their new energy drinks? I have never actually tried them since I gave up energy drinks for health reasons, but I have heard they are pretty tasty! As for myself I have been madly addicted to Ocean Spray CranGrape juice. I drink almost an entire bottle a day because it's literally the best drink I have ever tasted.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
    Mountain Dew is actually a pretty good kickstarter for your brain. I tried it for the first time when I was on my 15-km journey in the desert in January and it's a really good boost :O

Sirfetch’d

I don't even really feel much of an energy drink effect from them on me, but they are really good nonetheless. I once tried an Ocean Spray drink, but it had SO. MUCH. SUGAR. in it that I had to water it down to drink it. It was something like 94 grams of sugar in a single-serve bottle.

They are very sugary tbh. I actually prefer them after my ice has melted a little haha.

Also has anyone tried almond milk? ITS SO GOOD

Sirfetch’d

I'm not a fan of just plain almond milk, since I don't like the taste of it plain (even though I love almonds), but I do buy a container of vanilla almond milk every time I go to the store.

And yeah.

That stuff is pretty good.

Yeah the regular flavor is not as good. I feel the almond taste is too strong and unappealing haha. I always have to have the vanilla. Apparently it comes in chocolate as well! Have you tried it? :o

Years
    Yeah the regular flavor is not as good. I feel the almond taste is too strong and unappealing haha. I always have to have the vanilla. Apparently it comes in chocolate as well! Have you tried it? :o
    Not yet. I've seen it but I haven't actually thought to grab it yet since I feel the vanilla goes better with more things. Maybe next time I'm out shopping. :')

Foxrally

Years
    Never tried almond milk myself, tried camel milk however and it's urghh. Apparently almonds are really good for dreaming though, help facilitate lucid dreams too.

Sirfetch’d

Never tried almond milk myself, tried camel milk however and it's urghh. Apparently almonds are really good for dreaming though, help facilitate lucid dreams too.

Speaking of dreams, I take melatonin every night and it gives me the wildest and most vivid dreams ever. Like last night, I was captain of a ship?? Just crazy dreams I normally wouldn't have or remember haha.

Foxrally

Years
    Speaking of dreams, I take melatonin every night and it gives me the wildest and most vivid dreams ever. Like last night, I was captain of a ship?? Just crazy dreams I normally wouldn't have or remember haha.

I have quite a few interesting stories on my dream journal :D The best tbh are the nightmare stories or the "2spooky4me" stories which are basically creepy dreams which I don't really classify as nightmares though - I'd be glad to show them here or on my blog sometime. Also, I was going to post this on the cringe thread but here's something very cringe-worthy for you all:

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    Sometimes I feel like life is boring without a war to at the very minimum observe

and I don't mean this playing with toys in the sand/jungle/africa/whatever. I mean a war worth fighting, like WWII or the American Civil war. There are no great generals of our day and it makes me a bit sad :L

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    There are no great generals of our day and it makes me a bit sad :L

I always find this really fascinating. History has so many generals of worth and respect. But I am curious if people in, say, 2040-50 look back at our time today and feel there are iconic generals or military leaders.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    I have never understood the point of looking up to military figures in the slightest, particularly any of the last 30-40 years. What's my disconnect here? Perhaps it's a masculinity thing I'm not getting, or I don't associate greatness with bloodshed or the like.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    I always find this really fascinating. History has so many generals of worth and respect. But I am curious if people in, say, 2040-50 look back at our time today and feel there are iconic generals or military leaders.
    I think by around that time China will be acting to preserve the independence it sold to the US with industry, and debt. China's modus operandi is and has always been self-preservation and I'll be damned if I'm one to side with the Yanks

I have a real reverence and a soft spot for China, and am a disconnected Yank myself.

@Harley Quinn Generals and heroes get their greatness not from merely fighting wars at large but fighting the wars that needed to be fought.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I have never understood the point of looking up to military figures in the slightest, particularly any of the last 30-40 years. What's my disconnect here? Perhaps it's a masculinity thing I'm not getting, or I don't associate greatness with bloodshed or the like.

The reverence is not associated with bloodshed, but for strategy and ability. Rommel is respected and renowned for his tactical skill and humanity, the Khans for their cunning and pure power, Alexander the Great for his ability to lead at a young age and conquer the known world, Bonaparte for his tenacity and drive, Washington for his humility and leadership.

Granted, I'm sure you can find a flaw in all of them (I almost can). But as I say, they are looked at as leaders and their abilities to command more than their faults.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back