• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Daily Chit Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Universe

all-consuming
Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Metal and such. ;D

Or hard rock. Stuff along those lines.

AWH YEAH METAL TIME.

who's your favorite metal band? i'm really partial to Otep, Dope, and Scum of the Earth myself.
    (guys if you've never heard any of these three before and you hate cursing and/or touchy subject matter do NOT Google their music. |D)

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I've been listening to a lot of Proximity lately, probably out of a lack of interest to find new mix channels like theirs.

I've been sleeping a lot too, and been taking to Pokémon OSTs while I do so.

Years
  • Oh god heavy metal is like the genre I absolutely hate... because my mother likes it and she runs stupid Facebook fanclubs dedicated to Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne and well, heavy metal itself.

I always call heavy metal music... nothing but just ear-splitting screaming.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Is it just me or does Sharon Osbourne have this weird grandmother-ish aura that attracts you? Her voice is goddamn mesmerizing for me.

Years
  • I feel like the only reason I never like The Osbournes is because of my mother liking them. I'm also not happy that she always slams my musical taste, claiming it's "annoying". I know that my main taste (which is mainly indie stuff) is not terrible at all, and I love stuff that is underrated, and I'm a heavy supporter of the underground musical scene.

My mother is nothing but trapped in her own generation, as far as I know. It was also her birthday back on the 8th and well, we were lazy and left her without any cake or presents, because she's so boring.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I get slammed a lot in my family for my taste in music. "Are you listening to Satan again?" "No I'm listening to country and I was just listening to some Christian metal." "Whaaa? Screaming can't have meaning behind it."

Family get togethers are always such fun.

Years
  • AWH YEAH METAL TIME.

who's your favorite metal band? i'm really partial to Otep, Dope, and Scum of the Earth myself.
    (guys if you've never heard any of these three before and you hate cursing and/or touchy subject matter do NOT Google their music. |D)
    I don't think I've ever heard of those bands...

I don't think I could give many specific bands since I tend to listen off the radio and not actual albums, but two I could probably list off for certain are Avantasia (even if that's less a band and more just a group project) and Sabaton. Especially the former, since that was my first taste of any kind of metal that I actually liked. The latter's just interesting because war history metal, come on.

Oh god heavy metal is like the genre I absolutely hate... because my mother likes it and she runs stupid Facebook fanclubs dedicated to Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne and well, heavy metal itself.

I always call heavy metal music... nothing but just ear-splitting screaming.
    And this is why I prefer power/symphonic metal, honestly. Or at least heavy metal that tends to lean towards those trends as well.

Nothing against heavy metal, I like it myself in some doses--

Funny enough, as I'm typing this, an Ozzy Osbourne song on my list just came up. Hah.

Years
  • Funny how you guys are talking about the Osbournes and just a few minutes ago the DJ on the radio station I have on now was talking about Ozzy and Sharon's daughter Kelly. :P

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    not that old compared to like 30% of the forum memberbase like honestly

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    man, i suddenly feel so ashamed for not really knowing much about Black Sabbath and Ozzy Osbourne. :(

Kyoe

working on it
    Years
  • The Beatles and the Stones can be compared with a single statement.
    The Beatles want to give you a hug, the Stones want to touch you in other places. That said, both Doom and Gloom, and Hey Jude were songs that I learned rather promptly after getting a guitar.

The Spice Girls were terrible. Iconic Brit music for me would definitely have to be the Pistols.

As for Ozzy and Sabbath, I liked Sabbath, but never had much interest in Ozzy as a solo artist. I listen to more Iron Maiden or Alice Cooper usually, to be honest. And that's not even mentioning the music legends that were Metallica, or Pantera.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back