• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Day Care Center

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Eh it never really occurred to me. lol
    I suppose it's not really fair we should see them!

I don't think fairness matters in this situation. Why wouldn't it be fair?

Though I do happen to think that the flying types makes the pokemon being able to be seen in the garden, impossible. Especially if you put a Zapdos in the Daycare Center. It could easily fly away and leave. Even though Nintendo wouldn't make it that way, it is common sense. It wouldn't make sense to have selectable pokemon in the garden either. Plus the water types such as a Wailmer, or a Finneon don't have water to swim in because there is no water for them outback of the Daycare Center. I have always wondered where they have the put the Water type pokemon though.

In R/S/E they had the same pokemon outback but yours wouldn't be. If they wanted it to be out, and you could walk around with it, they would have put it in Diamond, Pearl and/or Platinum. Of course, maybe they didn't think of this idea though.

It would only make sense to have a lava place for the fire types as well because if people put a pokemon like Heatran out, then it could catch the grass on fire. Again of course, Nintendo wouldn't make it like that but it is common sense. Therefore, I don't think they will ever make it this way unless they have a really good plan for it to work in all ways possible.

Zetsu_69

Director of Cheese
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Sep 4, 2009
    I'd probably just put some legendary in there just to see how much bigger it is and have it terrorize the little pokemans.

Katnip

Harajuku Lover
    Years
  • Has anyone noticed that in platinum, the day-care lady seems to be holding your pokemon for ransom? When you go to pick up your pokemon, she says something like, "If you want your pokemon back, it'll cost 100." Doesn't that sound like something someone will put on a ransom note or something? Makes me wonder, what is she doing with my pokemon?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I'd probably just put some legendary in there just to see how much bigger it is and have it terrorize the little pokemans.

Well if this idea did happen, I'd highly doubt they will keep the legendaries the same size as when you face them in battles. They will probably shrink them, but it would be awkward to see them do that. If Nintendo does not want to shrink the legendaries then it would be best to keep the Daycare Center the way it is now.

Also I don't think Nintendo would put the legendaries in the Daycare Center to where they step on the little Pichu's or other pokemon. They'll never put that in the game, and I am glad because that's just mean and it is very unlike Nintendo for them to do that to a pokemon game.

Zanny77

I'm back, baby!
    Years
  • I've always found it suspicious and slightly hilarious that the old hag looks both ways before going in the door. Looking for cops maybe?

WWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    a thousand posts back:

If they have technology to fit a Regirock into a small ball, so maybe the old man took that technology and applied it for his back pocket. *Imagines old man pulling Wailord out of his back pocket*

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I've always found it suspicious and slightly hilarious that the old hag looks both ways before going in the door. Looking for cops maybe?

WWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    a thousand posts back:

If they have technology to fit a Regirock into a small ball, so maybe the old man took that technology and applied it for his back pocket. *Imagines old man pulling Wailord out of his back pocket*

I don't think he holds your pokemon for you. He probably goes where your pokemon are from time to time and if there is an egg, he takes it and waits for you to come. I wouldn't mind because it's actually something that wouldn't have any techinal problems in the game such as if the old man did hold your pokemon in his pocket without a pokéball, how would he fit a Regirock or a Wailmer in it? It wouldn't cause those kind of problems and it would be fair to do that, so no one would get these crazy ideas.

It would be great to see my Porygon run around at the side but such a thing conjures other images in my mind...

*Thinks of Dialga stomping back and fourth behind the pen and Gyrados swimming violently in the pond*

The huge legendaries are probably why they haven't made that possible in the game. It was okay for it to happen in Gold, Silver and Crystal because there was not much legendaries at that time. Now we have more legendaries that could take up all the Daycare Center space in the back such as Dialgia, Giratina (land forme), Palkia, and much more. It'd be best to keep the Daycare Center the way it is for now in my opinion.

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    I'm suprised this thread is still going strong ^_^

I guess it would be a hazzard to put something like Giratina in with something like Skitty or Pichu xD

a.new.bent

likes fire
    Years
  • Of course they wouldn't make it possible for our pokemon to be seen out back-it would mean extra work for the game makers. In addition it could be hazzardous for the other pokemon

I still remember the GSC days when you could see the little sprites of your pokemon in the daycare...good times.

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
    Years
  • I'm suprised this thread is still going strong ^_^

I guess it would be a hazzard to put something like Giratina in with something like Skitty or Pichu xD

Yeah hahah, That is my exact thought on this topic. No way are they going to develop 493(i think) over world sprites just for the day-care. In the G/S/C days there was only like 251 so it was much easier. But yeah, sprites in the day-care is possibly never going to happen again.

Ayselipera

Yeah hahah, That is my exact thought on this topic. No way are they going to develop 493(i think) over world sprites just for the day-care. In the G/S/C days there was only like 251 so it was much easier. But yeah, sprites in the day-care is possibly never going to happen again.

I see your point, but I think the sprites would just be what
    the sprite of your pokemon is when its in your party or its
    pc box. So they wouldn't have to make any sprites for the
    daycare.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    You're trusting the old lady with it, so it stays there for you.

Well yeah I am sure Nintendo wouldn't make the pokemon do those kind of things, but it's just reasonable thinking I was stating.

Maybe if that were to happen, they would have the pokemon the way it is in Pokemon Ranger. They could use those sprites and have them move the way they do in that game in Platinum, Pearl and Diamond. Though since Nintendo most likely will not re-make those games anytime soon, it's best we just deal with it the way it is now. Who knows, maybe in the next generation or so, they could have this idea in planning.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    That would be a really cool feature, and I've always wanted it, but it doesn't seem like it will be happening any time soon.

Pikadance14

Mudkip Kid
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2010
    They might do it with the remakes of GS. They were after all the games that had the Pokemon sprites in the little daycare field and you could go right up to them.

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
    Years
  • They might do it with the remakes of GS. They were after all the games that had the Pokemon sprites in the little daycare field and you could go right up to them.

Theres a possibility that it will be in GS just because you could get into the back of the day-care in that game, but i don't see them doing it as its a hard job developing 493 battle sprites then 493 over-world sprites. I'd rather them finish the game quicker then wasting time on that.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Theres a possibility that it will be in GS just because you could get into the back of the day-care in that game, but i don't see them doing it as its a hard job developing 493 battle sprites then 493 over-world sprites. I'd rather them finish the game quicker then wasting time on that.

I have to agree. In Gold & Silver, there weren't much pokemon as there is now. It could be a possibility that they'll add that feature again though.

Anyways, the fact that Pokemon Ranger could make huge pokemon into reasonable sized sprites, couldn't make Diamond, Pearl and Platinum any different. The sprites could work prefectly find in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. Although, they could have plans up their sleeves for a feature similar to this.

In Amity Square, pokemon to walk around with you were only a few so maybe it's because something would've happened if they allowed all the other pokemon to walk with you. That could be a reason why they didn't put that feature into the Daycare Center as well.

§

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    I put two of my Pokes in the daycare and used AR to walk thru the fence and get into the "day-care" field. My Pokemon weren't there.

ckn

A Black Animator
    Years
  • yeah i dont see why we cant go and see our pokemon playing a going through that little tunnel like the buneary. :L another pokemon platinum letdown.....

Back