• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DCC: New Spring Edition coming soon 3/21!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
  • I'm getting sick way too often this year, I blame the mixture of cold and smog we have around here >_>; Can't be good to breathe pollution all the day.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • OH MY GOD. Vappy I love you for saying this, it is how I feel every day I work. I visibly take a step back when customers at my work cough or sneeze, and I give them a hard cold stare when they cough and then hand me cash rather than paying on their card.

Yesterday though I had this guy who had cash but coughed and raised the hand he had the cash in to cough into. So then I looked at him pointedly, he looked at the cash, then looked back at me and said "aw I might pay on card". Well done sir, well done.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • OH MY GOD. Vappy I love you for saying this, it is how I feel every day I work. I visibly take a step back when customers at my work cough or sneeze, and I give them a hard cold stare when they cough and then hand me cash rather than paying on their card.

Yesterday though I had this guy who had cash but coughed and raised the hand he had the cash in to cough into. So then I looked at him pointedly, he looked at the cash, then looked back at me and said "aw I might pay on card". Well done sir, well done.

It's better for you I guess, you wouldn't often have little children come up to the register where they are sick and covered in germs, that they then go wipe on their parents. Luckily, we have hand sanitiser at work.

ナギ

P r e p a r e .
    Years
  • really? i didn't even realise that about coughing when handing your money to the cashier and all... hm. good thing i usually pay by card.
    i hardly ever get sick, so i don't think about germs and such too much at all. i'll pay attention to it next time i go shopping, though. good point.

Shining Raichu

Years
  • you wouldn't often have little children come up to the register where they are sick and covered in germs, that they then go wipe on their parents.

Lol you'd be surprised. The amount of people who bring their children into liquor stores is as shocking as it is disgusting.

Shining Raichu

Years
  • Your Dad is a very very wise man! You must have a lot to learn from him! Kids should always stay in the car - or better yet, at home - while their kids come to buy alcohol. Technically, they are allowed in the store, but that doesn't mean they should be.

Not that I particularly care about the welfare of the children (if they grow up to be drunks, what do I care?) I just don't want them around 1) me, or 2) the thousands of breakable glass bottles around the store.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Yeah, everything these days can get you into a bad habit.

Oh, and for the people who are too lazy to watch the news: Wikipedia will be shut down tomorrow for 24 hours to protest some piracy bill--I also heard rumors about Facebook and Google shutting down for 24 hours. So don't be surprised if you can't access Wikipedia tomorrow.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    It was shelved until tomorrow. Which is why they chose tomorrow to go black, because it's going to be discussed again tomorrow. It was modified in the interim but it's still there and going to opened up for discussion again in about 24 hours.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I knew that--but I was too lazy to say that. Wikipedia doesn't really have to do with SOPA, though.

Is it going to affect PC in any way?

Everything on the internet has to do with SOPA.

But as of now it won't have any direct effect on PC, no. Not like PC is going black tomorrow or anything.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Go ahead and Google "Why SOPA is bad" and you'll get plenty of in-depth explanations of all the problems that are inherent in SOPA and PIPA and how they affect everyone, not just random piracy sites.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back