• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow_Yue

SO I HERD U LIEK NARUTO?
Years
  • That one sounds good actually. When I read the first line I almost thought it might be something like that anime school days. ( DON'T GOOGLE IT) It would be pretty original since I haven't seen anymore like it. I know I'd join, but would have to get more of an idea of what it would be about.

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Well, for reasons that you peoples ought to know by now, I can't really offer my participation, but for what it's worth: I do like the idea of a differently focused RP. It's always nice to see something that breaks the trend and this is no exception.

One problem, though: you'd have to be very, VERY picky about the cast, because this kind of RP would be character-centric, so the quality of the RP is hinged even more on everyone doing their thing well than in a standard action/adventure one, and of course you'd also have to make sure that the people you pick aren't the kind that go poof after the RP begins. Because if they do...well, I think the last Harvest Moon RP is a pretty good indication of what happens in that case.

So yeah, I can't give that much comment since you don't have a clear plot/setting yet, but the concept sounds good so go for it. :3

Last edited:

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • That one sounds good actually. When I read the first line I almost thought it might be something like that anime school days. ( DON'T GOOGLE IT) It would be pretty original since I haven't seen anymore like it. I know I'd join, but would have to get more of an idea of what it would be about.

....School Days RP?

I would definitely love to be a part of that.
    A lot of these RPs are just so large and complicated, that it's easy to start but when you get going, you get lost in what you're getting into. Something easy would be something new :P

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    That one sounds good actually. When I read the first line I almost thought it might be something like that anime school days. ( DON'T GOOGLE IT) It would be pretty original since I haven't seen anymore like it. I know I'd join, but would have to get more of an idea of what it would be about.
    Oh, I know all too well what School Days is about. Nice boat, indeed.

In any case, sign me up. Yandere ahoy!

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 27, 2009
    Okay here is a plot and rules for a RP called "Kingdom Hearts: Ultimate Keyblade"

PLOT: It has been 1 year since Sora beat the darkness but now much stronger darkness is rising but they aren't just looking for the Keyblade but also looking for a new weapon called the Ultimate Keyblade. It says that even if the Ultimate Keyblade touches evil or good hands it will control the person that is holding it and end up in chaos. The Ultimate Keyblade looks just like the regular Keyblade only longer by about 2 feet, wider by about 5 inches, the handle is red instead of yellow, and the blade is blueish instead of silver, and it is more powerful. And now King Mickey is trying t find a way to open the door. Now the Nobodies also making a organization called Organization XIII 2 and now the Nobodie are looking for revenge instead of the Keyblade.

Now here is alittle bit about how they look.

Sora looks just the same but on the last adventure almost everything on him was black but now his jacket is red, his pants is goldish, and his shoes is green. Riku only changed his clothes and gotten taller, he now wears a jacket that is black, a undershirt that is white, his pants is red, and his shoes is blue also. Kiari only gotten taller and now is wearing rainbow colors on her jacket and skirt.

Now one sunny day on the island everything going to change and when King Mickey does finally opens the door but he and the rest are going have to gather up warriors (us) to carry along on this heartbreaking adventure.

END PLOT

Rules

1. All PC rules still apply.

2. No God-modding, please.

3. No high romance.

4. Use any weapon but not Keyblade or Ultimate Keyblade.

5. No high cursing, alittle but not high.

6. Follow what I say.

7. No controling another members character without permission.

8. And most importantly have fun.

Now how do you think that is put alot of work on this plot

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Hmm... *switches to Kingdom Hearts critique mode*

Eh... no. Why not? Well, partly because most of the plot is a description of the characters and the Ultimate Keyblade's appearance. It would probably be better to describe that within the bounds of the actual RP. Aside from that, we're not given a lot of ideas as to what sort of character we should be playing. Are we supposed to play a certain age of character, what world(s) are our characters supposed to be from, do we have to play a human necessarily or would a character from the Pride Lands or another Kingdom Hearts world be allowed? That's not to mention the fact that it's pretty out-of-style for Sora or the King to have people leave their own world. Actually, in the original Kingdom Hearts manga I believe it is stated that the Keybearer is supposed to interfere as little as possible in the affairs of other worlds. With that in mind, I'm pretty sure that unless everyone's world was on the brink of imminent destruction Sora and co. wouldn't force anyone to leave their home.

Now, as for this "Ultimate Keyblade" and "Organization XIII 2". The revived Organization XIII is about as cliche a villain as I could ask for, seeing as the original one was pretty much squelched beyond repair. Half of what makes it sound stupid is the name. If the nobodies were to form a new organization, I trust that the leader would be a little more creative in his choice of a name. I mean, "XIII 2" just sounds like a bad movie sequel, and we all know that sequels are highly inferior to their predecessors a good ninety percent of the time. Personally, I think the best choice would be to give this new organization an entirely different name or just have them call themselves Organization XIII. I mean, since the original Organization is gone nobody is going to complain that they stole the name. As for the concept of revenge on Sora as motivation... not sure about that myself. The nobodies who most wanted revenge on Sora are pretty much dead and gone, and what would these new people care? They have no emotions, so they can't feel anger at the death of Xemnas and the original organization. If anything I'd say they'd be happy since the destruction of the first organization has cleared the way for them to become leaders of the nobodies. The Ultimate Keyblade is kind of a silly concept. Why would the heartless (which is what I assume you mean by the darkness) want a weapon that they can't even wield since none of them have been chosen by the keyblade?

More of a plot and a little more elaboration on the setting, please. And try using proper grammar, spelling, and manuscript form when writing your work. It doesn't look as impressive otherwise and creates less of an impression.

Zerro

Dreamer
    Years
  • Will someone help me come up with a community RPG. I like those kind the best, there is no epic quest, nor is there some big great story, just a community. I remember The Orange Islands RP, it was rather successful. The story was driven mainly by the character relationships.

Any thoughts?

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2008
    where should I post this RP? It's a Pokemon/Digimon one....

The Digital Invasion

The pride and greed of human's have caused no end of trouble for Pokemon. There countless attempts to gain power over one another, usually by trying to catch one of the legendary pokemon, have finally worn out some of the legendary pokemon.
    Gathered at the Tree of Beginnings the legendaries argued over the how best to continue doing there jobs and protect those resting. After a few days they finally all agreed on what to do and then returned to there area's.
    They closely watched the human's to make sure none of they're sleeping brethren where disturbed, but although they closely watched there world they weren't looking in the right place. Unknown to them a small portal opened in Viridian forest not far from the city.

Although the pokemon didn't know about the portal a group of humans did. Luckily for the pokemon these humans called the digital world home. Known as tamers these humans work with Digimon to keep peace in the digital world. At first the tamers thought the barrier between the human and digital world had weaken somehow and that the digimon where going there, but they soon realized that the portal lead to a new world.
    After sending a few probes to make sure it would be safe, three tamers and there partners where sent over to send back the digimon that have crossed over.

Rules
    Follow the form rules
    No Legendaries
    No godmoding
    Don't sign up if you're not going to be active

Sign-Up Sheets

Name- Your name
    Age- 15+
    Home- (Region/City)(if you a tamer put Digital world/City)
    Appearance- what color is you skin, is you hair long or short and what color is it, what do you cloths look like? (I like pics, but if it's a trainer sprite please edit it a bit. Or I could make you one if you want.)
    Personality- Are you shy or do you have to let every one know you just entered the room?
    Bio- A little about you self

(Trainer's can START with 1-3 pokemon, they can have ONE 2nd stage Pokemon, but no fully evolved ones. Tamers will get pokemon as the story go's. Also you can have up to 8 pokemon but no more then 3 with you. And no more then 2 of the same pokemon in the Rp please.)

Pokemon
    1- Species/Name
    Personality
    2-Species/Name
    Personality
    3-Species/Name
    Personality

(Trainers won't start with a digimon, they will befriend one of the digimon that crosses over as the story go's. Tamer's start off being able to digivolve to Champion. Only one of each digimon (if some one already picked Agumon regardless of what line or color they're doing pick some thing else) and no more then 2 of each type (if there is a Renamon and a Patamon then you can't have a holy type). Also please post pics of your ALL your digimon, and I'll have to ok made up/edited digimon before I'll allow them.)

Digimon (what form is it normally in, Rookie unless you get my ok)
    Personality
    Digivolution Line In-Training>>Rookie>>Champion>>Ultimate>>Mega>>Fusion

(Fusion is when a Digimon and Pokemon evolve together. Only a digimon and pokemon that have a close bond can do this. This new forms extremely powerful, but is also very unstable. There's no way to know how long they'll be able to stay together and once they devolve they're exhausted. Pick ONE of your Pokemon for this.)

Rp sample-

My Sign-Up

Name- Leia Black
    Age- 21
    Home- Digital world/City
    Appearance- what color is you skin, is you hair long or short and what color is it, what do you cloths look like?
    Personality- Leia has always been a bit reckless, and hot headed, but even so every one tells her she's a natural leader.
    Bio- Leia was born in the human world, but her parents where tamers so she grew up in the digital world. At 12 she became a Dark tamer (there is a team for each Digimon type) and by 15 was one of the top Dark type tamers in City. She was chosen to lead the tamers sent to find and return the digimon in the new world.

Pokemon
    1- Houndour (reserved)
    Personality
    2- Pigdeotto (reserved)
    Personality
    3- Absol (reserved)
    Personality

Digimon (Black Gatomon)
    Personality- She's quick and efficient at every thing she does. Leia is her best friend and she doesn't hesitate to let Leia know what she thinks.
    Digivolution Line- In-Training-Nyaromon>>Rookie- Dark Salamon>>Champion- Black Gatomon>>Ultimate- LadyDevimon>>Mega- Lillithmon>>Fusion (I'll do later)

Nyaromon
    The Discussion Thread

Dark Salamon
    The Discussion Thread

Black Gatomon
    The Discussion Thread

LadyDevimon
    The Discussion Thread

Lillithmon
    The Discussion Thread

Rp sample- It's my RP so I don't need to :)

Places Open
    1- Tamer-ShadowCat13133 (Leia, Black Gatomon)
    2- Tamer
    3- Tamer
    4- Trainer
    5- Trainer
    6- Trainer
    7- Trainer
    8- Trainer
    9- Trainer
    10- Trainer

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2013
    Zerro, to answer your question... I have an RP going thats similar to what you described... if you look under "Other Roleplay" and look at Lancaster: School of Battle, its a very open ended RP based around character relations and I'm always taking new sign ups

Minos Yewman

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    If you have time then just say what you think of this RP. It is in pokemon roleplay as 'Oncoming Darkness'. This is the plot section:

Five years since the purification of shadow Lugia. XD001 was the first and last of the XD shadow pokemon. However, a pokemon battle master known only as 'X' has emerged and reformed Cipher. With data on purification and the XD heart closing process, X has created a new form of shadow pokemon: The Elite Shadow. We do not know all of them although we know that ES007 is Raikou, ES005 is Latias and ES001 is Ho-oh.

Although many attempts were made to prevent it the entire Orre region is now controlled by Cipher. The pokemon experts from all regions have gathered and decided to send 6 trainers into the Orre region to destroy the threat of Cipher.

Soon afterwards a great dimensional disturbance took place. An ancient civilisation has emerged. They have been hiding in another dimension from 'The Dark Nightbringer' who they believed would bring about the end of the universe. The dimensional breach was created by Giratina, who, after destroying most of the 'Utgar' as the civilisation calls itself, has not been seen since. The Utgar who remain have either sided with Cipher or sworn to destroy it. The Utgar command powerful Pokemon, trained in the deep reaches of the alternate dimension. If they help you, you will be blessed, if they fight you, be afraid.

Meanwhile the corruptive shadow aura of the ESs was too much and they broke out of even the confines of their pokeballs. They spread across the land corrupting normal wild pokemon into regular shadow pokemon. These pokemon attacked innocent citizens across the regions making life dangerous for everyone. Curfews have been created at night when the pokemon are most likely to attack. A gym leader or Elite four member has been posted to protect every town. The six trainers were chosen. One from each region: Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Orre and Fiore. They were given a briefing by their prof. and they set out to save the world.

Meanwhile Cipher agents set out across the globe looking for something, what?.........who knows?

N-XIGE

Ascension: Success Story
    Years
  • I WOULD LIKE TO SAY...

Since you are looking for some one who...the story sucks
    dont take it to serious thats why no one wants to join...even the sign u is better than the story...it sounds like megaman...where the bad guy returns to reck havoc...the story is so tyical *nab the bad man* journey

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    That's perfectly fine Flygon trainer. xD; Original, Fandom, and Cross-over roleplays are all acceptable.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • Okay, so this is an RP Loquacity and I are concocting. I don't think many people have played and beaten Radiant Dawn, so beware of spoilers if you dare venture to read. I'm pretty sure it'll just be me and him RPing anyways, but ah well. Thought I'd throw it out there anyways. XD

Fire Emblem: Radiating Moon
    A sequel to a sequel.

This RP takes place a year after the events of Radiant Dawn. For the purpose of trying to stay completely canon, any marriages that may have taken place at the end of the game thanks to support relationships will be disregarded for now.

Following the defeat of the Goddess Ashera at the hands of the great hero Ike, the land of Tellius was left an unfortunate mess for a short while. Daein, while now free of the blood pact that had sealed it's loyalty to the Begnion Empire, was still left with few supplies and had no king, queen, or even prince to lead them. The Begnion Empire was also left in disarray as the Goddess had made use of many of it's soldiers, and the Senate was in shambles. Of course, those were just minor issues when compared to the announcement made by the Empress, Sanaki, who was once thought to be Begnion's great apostle, renouncing her title as such. Crimea, under the leadership of Queen Elincia, was the best off of all the beorc nations. Having taken little involvement in the war between the laguz nations and the Begnion Empire, received little damage to the country overall, although a little resistance against the Queen still remained.

The laguz nations weren't much better off. Even after an apology for the slaughter of Phoenicis was given by the King of Kilvas, Naesala, relationships between the raven and hawk laguz tribes were very unstable. With the knowledge that Naesala had no choice but to order the massacre because of a blood pact, the Pheonicis King, Tibarn, along with Prince Reyson of the Heron Tribe, made powerful attempts to break the barrier down. Gallia, of the beast tribe, had no other task to accomplish other than deal with the comrades that had fallen during the great war. Even so, Goldoa was one of the heaviest hit laguz countries. A majority of the population had sided with the Goddess Ashera, and had been annihilated in the battles at the Tower of Guidance. Therefore, the country was now very much undermanned.

As time went on over the following year, however, things improved. Daein was graced with a new Queen as the population brought the "Priestess of Dawn", Micaiah, into power. Micaiah, being the sister of Begnion's Empress, brought the two countries to a newfound peace, which was willingly joined by Crimea as per Elincia's request. After supplying food and supplies to the two countries for the whole year, it was a position the country deserved. It was the first time since before the reign of the Mad King Ashnard that all of the beorc countries had found peace with one another.

The laguz nations, as well, had also improved significantly. The three bird laguz tribes began to unite under the rule of Tibarn as one nation, as Naesala had made himself a diplomat for all of Tellius. Skrmir took the throne of Gallia, and despite a shaky beginning, was shaping up to be a strong king. Goldoa, in the meantime, while still in rough shape population wise, finally opened it's doors to the rest of the world under the guidance of Kurthnaga.

Yes, all was well, and a temporary peace was found across all of Tellius. Thought, this was only a political peace. Discrimination was still present against laguz, although it wasn't nearly as severe as times prior. In fact, discrimination against laguz was on the fast track to disappearing. However, events began to unfold that lead another group to start suffering violent discrimination.

Out of nowhere, a group calling itself Moonbeam appeared. Claiming to deliver the will of Ashera unto the world, the group began to target the branded, the offspring of both beorc and laguz. Branded do not fit into the order Ashera represents, which makes them threats to the group. Through various methods, including widespread publications and making use of political roles, Moonbeam began to make it's intentions known, and using twisted logic made more and more people aware and agreeable to their cause. Slowly at first, but increasingly more often, branded began to disappear, only to be found weeks later, dead or worse. Queen Micaiah of Daein, being a branded herself, went into hiding, and the surrounding nations became concerned with the threat. Taking advantage of the Queen's scarcity, all of Moonbeam's forces took control of the capital of Daein, Nevassa, as the city was essentially a fortress. Branded everywhere began to go into hiding, with no clue as to when they could return from the state apparent.

It was soon discovered by an assassin known as Volke, under the employment of Queen Elincia, that Moonbeam intended on restoring the goddess to her former glory. Although the means were unknown, it apparently had something to do with the branded themselves.

Our story begins on the stormy night of Nevassa's capture, within the city itself. Moonbeam's soldiers came across a sanctuary intended for branded citizens, and this is where thirty of thirty five branded were slaughtered at once. However, upon realizing that five were missing, they sealed the fortress city, not allowing for anyone to escape.

Aka, your character will be starting in Nevassa. XD

General Information

Tellius

The Discussion Thread

Crimea: A beorc kingdom that is home to many stories. During the reign of Mad King Ashnard, the country was taken over by Daein, and the king slaughtered. Elincia, a princess that was unknown to the public eye, enlisted the help of Begnion and defeated the Mad King. Elincia then became Queen, although her ability was doubted by most until shortly before Ashera's judgment.
    Daein: A beorc kingdom that had become antagonistic ever since King Ashnard ascended the throne, that view was altered after it's defeat at the hands of Crimea and Begnion. After this defeat, Daein was left in Begnion's hands, and the country became ruined as a result of the Begnion soldiers pushing and abusing the citizens. The citizens found hope in the "Silver Haired Maiden" of the Dawn Brigade, who eventually brought the rightful Prince Pelleas into power. After the laguz went to war with Begnion, Pelleas was tricked into signing a blood pact, which would kill his citizens if he refused to aid Begnion. In an attempt to break the pact, Pelleas had the "Silver Haired Maiden", Micaiah, take his life. However, the curse was only passed on to the murderer. In the Tower of Guidance, Micaiah defeated the owner of the blood pact, which in turn destroyed it. Micaiah became the queen a few months after these events, with her dearest friend Sothe at her side.
    Begnion: A beorc theocracy worshiping the goddess Ashera. The figurehead is Apostle Sanaki. While it was true that Begnion was surpressing Daein, the empress was unaware of it, as the Senate made sure to keep her unaware. When Begnion and the laguz went to war, Sanaki was imprisoned by the senate so that she would not interfere. She eventually broke away from her prison and contacted the hero Ike. It was eventually revealed that the goddess Ashera that Begnion worshipped had decided to pass judgement on the world, turning almost all of its inhabitants to stone. Sanaki eventually finds out that she is not the true apostle, and that Micaiah is her sister and the true apostle. As such, she is just referred to as Begnion's Empress now,a nd her influence is just as strong as it once was.
    Gallia: Home to the beast laguz; it had recently improved relations with all nations. Ruled by King Skrimir.
    Goldoa: Home of the dragons; it isolates itself from the rest of Tellius until recently, after most of its citizens were massacred in the Ashera conflict. Ruled by the Black Dragon King Kurthnaga.
    Bird Tribe Alliance: Ruled by King Tibarn. It is composed of hawks, ravens, and the remaining few Heron tribe laguz. As it is a new country, the citizens are still a little uncomfortable about the new alliance, especially as so many hawks fell at the hands of ravens.
    Hatari: Hatari is a small forgotten region that is home to the wolf tribe. Ruled by Queen Nailah.

Races

Beorc

The Discussion Thread

Beorc are what we in the real world would call humans. There's nothing really special about them. But beware, "human" is a racist term for beorc. If you meet a laguz that refers to beorc in that manner, beware of hostility.

Laguz

The Discussion Thread

Laguz are humanoid creatures that transform into powerful animals. When in animal form, laguz use the natural weapons of their species—claws for beasts, beaks for birds, and breath attacks for dragons. The natural weapons of a laguz will never break with use, unlike normal beorc weaponry, but laguz do not use manmade weapons and are thus unable to attack when not in animal form. There are three species of laguz—beasts, birds, and dragons. These species are further divided into three classes each, although not all of them are playable. Beast laguz are divided into cats, tigers, and lions; birds into ravens, hawks, and herons; and dragons are divided into red, white, and black dragons. Each laguz species has an elemental weakness: fire for beasts, wind for birds, and thunder for dragons. Birds can fly in either form, but also have the weakness to bows associated with flying units. When in a humanoid form, laguz retain a feature relevant to their species. Beast retain ears and tail, birds retain wings, and dragons have pointed ears.

Branded

The Discussion Thread

Branded are the offspring of a laguz and beorc relationship. They appear to be beorc at first glance, but they have a longer lifespan, and in turn like longer than your average beorc. They are called branded because of a marking they have on their skin, called a brand. Although the brand is different from person to person, it is still obvious. As they don't fit in with either beorc or laguz, they are often discriminated against by both sides. Because of this, most branded cover up their brand so that it can't be seen. However, laguz senses are able to detect something strange when around a branded thanks to their instincts, but they can't identify what.

Classes
    Myrmidon / Swordmaster / Trueblade (0/2) Swords
    Thief / Rogue / Whisper (0/1) Daggers
    Fighter / Warrior / Reaver (0/2) Axes
    Mercenary / Hero / Vanguard (0/2) Swords
    Archer / Sniper / Marksman (0/2) Bows
    Mage / Sage / Archsage (0/2) Fire, Thunder, Wind Magic
    Light Mage / Light Sage / Light Priest (0/1) Light
    Priest / Bishop / Saint (0/1) Staves
    Cleric / Valkyrie (0/1) Staves
    Troubadour / Mage Knight (0/1) Staves
    Shaman / Druid / Summoner (0/1) Dark
    Pegasus Knight / Falcoknight / Seraphknight (0/2) Lances
    Dragon Rider / Dragonmaster / Dragon Lord (0/2) Lances
    Knight / General / Marshall (0/3) Lances
    Bow/Sword/Lance/Axe Cavalier / Paladin / Knight (0/4-One of Each Weapon) Bold Means Taken
    Soldier / Halberdier / Sentinel (0/1) Lances
    Dancer or Bard (0/1) None
    Cat (0/1) Claws
    Tiger (0/1) Claws
    Lion (0/1) Claws
    Raven (0/1) Beak
    Hawk (0/1) Beak
    Heron (0/1) None
    Dragon (0/1) Breath

Form

Name:
    Class:
    Weapon (No Higher than Steel for Now Please…):
    Country of Origin:
    Allegiance: Mercenary; Soldier; Moonbeam; Drifter; Villager; Etc.
    Appearance:
    Personality:
    History:
    RP Sample (Will Ask If I Feel it's Necessary):

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Wow [pink-haired administrator]. What a great idea! XD Honestly, I don't think people should be put off by the Fire Emblem in the title. You and I are both big enough of Fire Emblem nerds where we could explain it to them. So, if you need help, ask theEnd or I.

Last edited:

~SunnyDay~

Grawr!
    Years
  • Hmm, i'm relatively new here, but i've always enjoyed a bit of RP.

Problem is, I haven't RPd in quite some time and i feel a bit intimidated to join one. So, I thought i'd maybe think of making one.

I like all these game based/sword and shield/trainer and pokemon RPs, however i've always been attracted more to the somewhat open ended survival RPs. You know, the ones where environment plays a huge key in whether or not a certain character will survive being locked in a bar with a few other RPers while an army of zombies is trying to bust their way through whatever defenses may be active.

That's not necessarily what I like to create in mine, but it's an example. I guess you could say i enjoy seeing how character interaction plays out, and in RPs like that, interaction is really more of a necessity.

I've been thinking of a plot for an RP recently. The thought came to me while i was dozing off in Biology. I heard my Bio teacher mention something about an EMP being the downfall of civilized America ( don't ask, he's "special" ). So i thought of a sort of survival RP in the shoes of Ex-Armed Forces ( or current Marines, whatever ) where that sort of situation is played out. An EMP completely wipes out the electronical side of America ( which, these days, is just about everything ), leaving us defenseless. The story would take place some time after the EMP went off, so the characters would have already learned how to adapt. I'm still thinking of a common enemy for the characters. Maybe a chemically enhanced super-human that was the product of some kind of chemical strapped with the EMP bomb?

I'm still thinking, and i'm tired right now so my thoughts are kinda jumbled. I wasn't sure how many people would be into that sort of thing, seeing as how I haven't seen much of that while browsing the forums.

The real reason for this post isn't exactly to share a whole plot just yet. I'm just seeing if maybe anyone would be interested? Maybe a bit of criticism on my concept? If you don't want to post it here, feel free to PM me about it! :D

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this, and I hope I can get back into RPing sometime, heh. :)

Brad

The Paper Fastener
    Years
  • This is just off the top of my head, but I wonder- would anyone be interested in the following generalization of a plot??

It is the year 22XX. After the great Armageddon, most of the world was gone. People anyway. The survivors struggled, and now, people are wandering, looking to band together, and reform a civilization. You are one of the few with technology- very good technology. However, a new band strives to conquer all- fanatics who believe in a fundamentalist, brainwashed dystopia- they read too much The Giver, or George Orwell. You must fight against them, and band together with the others to fight the new group off, and build a new civilization. This will be community and battle- an odd pair, but it may work. Plot will be elaborated, of course. Do you want the idea? Cuz this is just a mini-jist of an idea...

Years
  • Revival of my longest lasting RP...

The Star in the Sky
    now with an actual plot!​

PG-13
    rating up'd a notch!​

Story...

December 31rst

CAUTION
    NON-AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL
    SLIDE AUTHORIZATION CARD THROUGH SCAN

AUTHORIZED
    PROCEED

DOCUMENT LIBRARY

DOCUMENTS RECOVERED AT SITE AREA 373842
    CODENAME ENJU
    FORMORLY KNOWN AS "ECRUTEAK CITY"

DOCUMENT NUMBER 133
    CIVILIAN STUDIES
    CIVILIAN HANDWRITTEN DOCUMENT
    DOCUMENT RECOVERED 1/9/2013

WARNING

FOLLOWING DOCUMENT IS MARKED
    CLASSIFIED INFORMATION
    AUTHORIZATION DENIED
    DO NOT PROCEED

DOCUMENT NUMBER 133
    TAKEN FROM ARCHIVES
    DATE 2/21/2013
    YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED...

Composition Journal
    Amanda Rivor

Do not read
    Tom!

Page 71

Date January 1rst 2012

Dear Diary,

I can't believe I'm sitting here, writting this down right now. The world around me is spiraling; I don't know where to begin. I'll start by going back to last night. It was new years, and one of the coldest I've ever lived through. While the fireworks were going off as the dawn of the new year hit, I sat in my room and wrote down yesterday's entry. But the second I did, there was a flash of light outside my window. For a few solid seconds, I felt as if time stopped. Really! I'm not kidding! Time just stopped, and then I saw some kind of light go through me, and it was over. But it wasn't just the light that was gone, there was something much more missing.

Remember that star I wrote in you about a month back? The one that looked so big that it would pop right out of the sky? I think it did. The gigantic star was nowhere to be found, and I was a little bit scared, but Tom, my brother, said that though it was a strange occurance, it didn't change anything within us, so we shouldn't worry about it. Well, he was pretty wrong.

First, let me tell you about how the New Year begins with a bang.

As my brother and I walked around the backyard for a little while in our warm winter jackets, we noticed that there was some kind of silence. Being a Viridian City citizen and living next to the Viridian forest, that was kind of strange. Most nights us people couldn't get any sleep because of the wild Pokémon activity. Last night it was eerily quiet. That was because there were no Pokémon to be found. Anywhere.

The news said it wasn't just Viridian either. The entire continent of Kanto had been stripped of Pokémon, as well as Johto to the west. According to the news, Hoenn and Sinnoh and Orre could not be contacted though. Flights traveling to those regions have also lost communications, and only a few port sailors who were out at sea came back, depicting a giant wall of fog that wasn't letting them leave anywhere.

I heard communications were down but it's strange though; I called my friend on the phone who lives in Goldenrod, and she answered completely without any disputes with the phone wiring. Then I heard from my parents that the news said communications with Johto and Kanto were working properly; it was only the other three that was giving them a hard time.

Still, this news about no communication was deeply overshadowed by the news that no Pokémon life can be found. Trainers are brokenhearted; I know I would feel the same if I had a Pokémon, but my parents never let me and my brother travel on journeys. Well, actually, they let my brother, but he turned them down and stayed with us. That doesn't matter though. I still can't get the sad feeling I get when I think about all those brokenhearted, and then when I think of a future world with no Pokémon. It's scary.

I really hope there's more answers tomorrow.

--

WHO YOU ARE

You are either a scared individual or one who seeks the answers to this mysterious phenomena. You may be a trainer or you may be someone who never got to be on a journey, but whoever you were before is slipping away. As the days go by in the RP, you will begin to change slowly into Pokémon. It may start at your face or in a shortness of height or loss of hair, change of hair color, or change of skin tone. The more days pass, the more like a Pokémon you will look. On any particular day in the RP you will choose to be the day you become a full Pokémon.

But no matter how much you change, something greater will come. Something that is maybe far more evil. By the time we reach a certain time in the RP, the star will grow ever so slowly once again. The next time it implodes, all new life may be ruined...

Unless you do something about it.

KNOWN FACTS SINCE 1/25/2013
    hidden rules​

Only Kanto and Johto have been effected.

There is no communication available to Hoenn, Orre, or Sinnoh. These regions are sealed off from any sort of transportation by a massive fog that will re-route anyone and everyone who crosses it back to where they were.

Transformation to Pokémon is inevitable. You can only control how fast or slow your transformation lasts.

Once a human has become a full Pokémon, there is no turning back.

Pokémon are gone from this new world. If a human was a trainer, there is almost no chance that they will ever see their Pokémon again unless special cases involving only if the human becomes a Psychic, Ghost, or Dark type Pokémon or if the Pokémon in question is one of the mentioned types and is powerful enough to hold a connection for a small period of time with its trainer.

BASIC RULES

1. No one is allowed to become a legendary.

2. This thread will be left OOC free after it begins unless it is for me to accept a late sign-up or for any RPer in general to inform the poster before of a misunderstanding written in their post.

3. You should know your grammar before posting, and if not, have a dictionary, spell check, and beta reader by your side at all times.

4. Though this RP now has a plot to be followed, it has the same mechanics as the previous and works the same way as well, meaning that no boundaries are off limits (with the exception of Hoenn, Orre, and Sinnoh) and you can stay with the main group who goes after the main plot or travel alone or with another RPer elsewhere.

5. You are allowed to create your own plot to follow besides the main plot, but if you do, it will not be centered on any of the legendaries save Mewtwo.

6. No Godmodding, Powerplaying, bunnying, or any other basic no-no's.

7. Nothing obscene. Fail to follow and your off the RP.

7. This rule must be followed AT ALL TIMES! Have fun.

SIGN-UP

Name: (Crucial)

Age: (There is no limit to what age you can be, but be aware that if you plan on creating someone very young that you better play the part well and act that age.)

Gender: (This is important for obvious reasons. I'm also giving you so much liberty here that I will allow you to make a character that is becoming a Pokémon that is genderless (Magnemite) or of the opposite gender. Be sure that if your character is either of those that you state your original gender and the gender you become. Ex. Male to Female, Female to Male, Male/Female to Genderless...)

Location: (You are allowed to be anywhere in Kanto or Johto. State your region and city, though it would be nice if you were in Viridian or somewhere near so that the main plot could kick off quick.)

Pokémon to Become: (Two restrictions here, the first being that you cannot become a legendary. The second restriction is that you cannot become an evolved form of a Pokémon. Pick a Pokémon, and if it has a previous evolution, then the starting evolution is what you are to become. You are allowed to evolve, but only after a few days, weeks, or months of being a Pokémon and if you have a stone to evolve with if you are a Pokémon that needs one. You are allowed to become almost any Pokémon. Even the Pokémon of Hoenn, Orre, and Sinnoh. Irrelevant reminder, but remember that you control when you become full Pokémon.)

Appearance/Description: (Though what you look like will change throughout the RP, this is still needed. I want a paragraph or more.)

Personality: (I want this a paragraph long as well. It would be nice if your personality matched the Pokémon you are becoming, but it is not crucial.)

History: (Completely optional, but like the previous, this RP is also dramatically driven, so a good history on some aspects of your character's life wouldn't hurt to add tension or drama as the RP continues. A paragraph or more long please.)

Love: (It's back! Love interests. Simply put whether you are single and interested or not interested or get together with a buddy and RP as a couple in relationship. Mine is going to be Single and Interested, but you are allowed to contact me and ask if you want to RP as my character's love interest.)

Other: (Anything extra that does not fit anywhere else and adds to the sign-up goes here)

RP Sample: (Go ahead; blow me away.)

MY SIGN-UP

Name: Tom Rivor

Pokémon to Become: Psyduck

Appearance/Description: Tom's face is freckle filled as if drilled in with a nail gun. From the back, his hair is longer than most but only barely reaches to the lower half of his neck, and is not in an even flow. The only major appearance with him that sets him apart from the rest of his family are his green eyes. His skin tone is fair, and though the eye doctor says he needs glasses, he does not wear any. Not even contacts. He does however have prescribed sun-glasses which he sometimes wears on a random occasion.

Clothing wise, Tom pulls on a dark gold colored sweater on and black jeans. His sweater is made of a hard fabric. Upon being asked by his parents why he wears a sweater instead of a good, much stronger winter jacket for the cold, he replies that the sweater builds up so much heat in the inside that it does its job well. He is of course lying, and only said that because he loves the sweater and does not want to get rid of it. There is no special reason for his black jeans. Most of his jeans are black.

Personality: You might want to watch out. Though Tom has calm mind and usually states the obvious and is sometimes called uninteresting, he has a good bluff. A Poker Face, most would call it, but Tom answers by saying he does not know how to play the game anyway. He more or less learned this stiff look skill from his sister Amanda of the many times she forced him into strange situations, said situations ranging from white lies to, say, misconception of truth and what is generally wanted to be believed. Such as skipping school. And stolen pups. And rigged bets. Yes, his sister who is only fourteen is already exploring a very wild and unusual side of life, and Tom has always been tagged along for the ride when the mal feces hit the fan. Given that the situation is terrible, it is usually Tom that gets him and his sister out of a dislocated leg or two.

He can be very passive too, which adds to the bore factor that already grows around him. The only time his passive actions have ever helped him have been through fancy parties his parents sometimes put up at their house. Not even a super computer can calculate how many times he has been told how he was such a sweet, gentle, nice, and polite young man his mother raised. It was not so bad, if it weren't for Amanda telling nearly everyone at school about every mamas boy action he did. Yet somehow, she still convinced him to not kill her. It was a skill they both had. A skill Tom was not all too happy to share, but it wasn't the only thing they had together. They both had the tendancy to take any and every opportunity, even so much as a favor. Sure, sometimes they did not fall through, but that wasn't the point. At least, to them it wasn't. That is what usually got them into so much trouble.

History: Tom is the only member of the family to have green eyes. No matter how far back his family can be traced, no one has ever had green as the color. He has his own ideas, but it could be luck and probability chance that gave him those colors. He has as well tried to sustain a relationship with a girl from his school. They both broke up with each other under different conditions and the girl in particular starting a Pokémon journey. They made the good-byes and the break-up as emotionally painless as possible, and Tom has since then been trying to have another relationship. His family has delt with tragedy with the death of his brother the year before, 2011, on a fair August day. His brother Lucas had been thirteen years old and died of an unknown cause in his room. Police have not been able to report anything other than he might have had some sort of agent that went undetected and slowly killed him.

Love: Single and Interested

Other: Tom's birthday is on the cursed April 1rst. He has on so many occasions been given more pranks than gifts because of it.

RP PLAYER STATUS

Random_Fan: Tom Rivor, Psyduck, Age 15, Single and Interested (No Activity)

RP PLAYER NOTES

Remember that this RP is mostly free going and sign-ups are always accepted. If there is a late sign-up, I will send the late RPer a summary of what has gone on so far. You as an RPer are not tagged onto the main story either and are allowed to create your own plots and goals to follow so long as they stray away from the Legendaries not including Mewtwo. Oh, and if you can help it, it would be neat if a week in RP time could go by without anyone becoming a full Pokémon yet, though it is not required.

So, anything that needs fixing?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back