• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Dragon's Den

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazza

Heaven-Piercer
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    no it does not and and only the best dragon trainers know the best dragon movesets
    who have you got in your team i would realy like to know. i am trying hard to train my garydos some more but even when i defeat the elite four pokemon it's experience bar barely moves dragon training is tough at times but fun and well worth it.

Shadow236

Razor Shell!!
    Years
  • no it does not and and only the best dragon trainers know the best dragon movesets
    who have you got in your team i would realy like to know. i am trying hard to train my garydos some more but even when i defeat the elite four pokemon it's experience bar barely moves dragon training is tough at times but fun and well worth it.
    I update my post on the Second Page every day. So you can always look there. I have
    my Dragon team updated with levels and everything and the updated members list.
    But, here is my team:
    Altaria L80
    Salamence L61
    Flygon L60
    Raquaza L75
    Latias L63
    Kingdra L61
    (You know... I may think about posting topics every couple days instead of once a week... maybe I'll post one today...)

Last edited:

Gazza

Heaven-Piercer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    nice where did you get your kingdra i would love to know
    the only thing wrong with your team is rayquaza and latias i don't like using ledgends
    to train with or having them in my team just knowing i caught them is good enough for me

idea for topic: who is the best pre-volution of a dragon pokemon and why?
    just a thought

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • Aaah! Don't go on without me!!

Anyway, I prefer to use Diamond Version, because I have a complete.. dragon collection, you could say. Beside, I can get many Dragon Claw TM's via migration.

Oh, and a good moveset for Dragonite..
    Dragon Claw/Outrage
    Aqua Tail/Waterfall
    Earthquake
    Roost/Dragon Dance

Those are the moves mine knows, anyway. And, it's very diverse. But don't trust that, completely! I'm not a very good battler..

Shadow236

Razor Shell!!
    Years
  • nice where did you get your kingdra i would love to know
    the only thing wrong with your team is rayquaza and latias i don't like using ledgends
    to train with or having them in my team just knowing i caught them is good enough for me

idea for topic: who is the best pre-volution of a dragon pokemon and why?
    just a thought
    You know, I usually don't like using legends either but for my Dragon team I decided to make an exception. And I don't really consider the Latis' legends because there is more than one of them. If you have seen pokemon heroes you would kind of relize that they are not legends, but just are very strong and mystical:knockedou like. I think I may consider replacing my Raquaza for a Dragonite for the Battle Frontier though.
    (But Raquaza is soooooo awsome :shocked:)

And here is the new topic(I'm going to start topics more often): What are your feelings on using Legendary Pokemon in your Dragon party?

I think that it doesn't really make sense to be able to control the pokemon that represent the whole land. You don't see anyone on the show saying "Go Groudon!". Usually I just collect them. But, for my Dragon team the reason why I decided to make an exception was because there are so little pokemon who have the AMAZING Dragon type, and some of the legendary dragons are pretty cool =)

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • Feeling of using Legendaries, huh? Well, I normally never use legendaries, which makes no exception to a dragon team. I am only teaching my Altaria (yes, I have one) some better moves to replace Rayquaza. But I really don't condone it. But you also have a point, shadow. Couldn't've said it better.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • That really wasn't needed. Dratini is in Mt. Coronet on the water level.

Which is why I am grateful that my Dragonair is my flagship dragon. These 2-type dragons do get pwned so easily (I learned that the hard way during gold when my Dragonite was destroyed by Lance's Blizzards and Thunders).

OK first I used action replay to get dratini and train him as my starter.

And second I agree with you about dragonair being good and mine is currently on lv52 and I am really wondering whether to evolve it or everstone it.

the only problem is that it doesn't get the +30 in stats or watever when it evolves
    e.g. it has the same HP as torterra and torterra is on lv 44

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also who here would classify Charizard as a Dragon?

I would...

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • Sorry, Didn't realize that it was hacked to be your starter, my bad. As for evolving your Dragonair, my preference is not to evolve, the stats bonus is worth it, but the dragon/flying weakness is a counterbalance. So here's my advice: If you're going for competitive battling, evolve Dragonair into Dragonite so that the needed stats are in place, if not then keep it a dragonair. When it gets above level 75 it'll pwn most of the NPCs and a lot of the Battle Tower.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • oops too late! i was just sick of his stats being low even though he had been EV trained (1st guy i EV trained wooo!)
    Ok I'll get on topic now

Legendary dragons are good depending on how you use them

if you put uber dragons in there just because its stats are high so you can pwn everyone with it and not do anything with the rest then thats lame

if you train your other dragons' stats to be high enough to compete with the uber then thats alright

personally though I wouldn't use legendary dragons in there because they aren't as dragony if you know what I mean (except for rayquaza)

also someone a while ago said it would be good for a new banner so here's 1 (I'm not that great)
    DRAGONPOKEMONFANCLUB.png

Last edited:

Shadow236

Razor Shell!!
    Years
  • Dude, McDukey thanks for taking that banner thing up I asked for! I like it;)
    I will post the Dragon fan club banners on my Main post on the Second Page.
    And by the way I do train my other Dragons and use them more than my Rayquaza.
    I guess the only way to get dratini on Emerald version is to use Game Shark huh...
    (and I do consider Charizard a Dragon)

Shadow236

Razor Shell!!
    Years
  • Yeah you can join! You should list your Dragon team for us or some dragons that you want.
    If you don't have any start training some. But Crusher869 you're in!

munchlaxdude

munchlax fan/ totoro rocks ^_^
    Years
  • Talking about shadow236's topic I never use legendrys in my party no expections they start to strong and u dont even get to train them much.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back